ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari is frustrated with the fan base .

Mutual feelings.

We've done our part though. We've supported players who had no business leaving. And it all came to a head this year when the expectation seemingly became poor performance combined with them leaving regardless shouldn't illicit a negative response from fans. Nope.....can't get on board with that. You said it yourself Cal that this is our program and you are temporarily in the seat.

We have a right to be frustrated. We are holding up our end of the bargain and lately you and your players haven't been.

The feeling is completely mutual! Cal has hi-jacked our basketball program and turned it into a 6 month NBA Training camp from year to year, and he needs to know that most of us fans are sick of it, had enough, and want Our Basketball Program Back. I don't care if we run the table from here and win the title. Myself and many more are sick of this same crap every year. You're right Cal. Kentucky's not for everyone, and right now it's no longer for you!!

Kyle Tucker writes for “ The Athletic” and says Cal is “frustrated with the fan base “ ! Don’t think I’m allowed to provide the link here . I LMAO at that statement.
Well, the fanbase is frustrated with Cal on several things:

1) Missed title chances
2) Constant turnover
3) Emphasis on getting players to the nba vs contending for championships
4) Not defending Rupp's legacy and bowing to the woke

I'm sure there's more.

Kyle Tucker writes for “ The Athletic” and says Cal is “frustrated with the fan base “ ! Don’t think I’m allowed to provide the link here . I LMAO at that statement.
Laugh as you should because unless Cal has lost all sense of awareness, he should certainly realize the fanbase is greatly frustrated with him. He needs to realize that his tired act has been tolerated only because his teams won.

Did Cal get Rona or has he been drinking this season...He’s said some of the dumbest shit this year. He’s said ridiculous stuff a good amount of time over the years but my lord this season he’s completely in over his head.

Stop worrying about the damn fans and fix the ****in team aka fix your problems Cal. Love how you brought UK back to the top after BCG era but my love is really starting to fade for Cal.

Hell who knows we may have won it all last year and would made this year a lot more acceptable but **** you very much Rona.

Pull for another school

Why is it okay for him to be frustrated with the fanbase, but not for the fanbase to be frustrated with him?

The fanbase's loyalty is to the program and it persists when the coach changes. The true fanbase will continue to follow and support the program after he is gone. I wouldn't really be a fan if I could just go pull for another school so easily, would I?

Well, the fanbase is frustrated with Cal on several things:

1) Missed title chances
2) Constant turnover
3) Emphasis on getting players to the nba vs contending for championships
4) Not defending Rupp's legacy and bowing to the woke

I'm sure there's more.
Why would he defend Rupp? He knew about as much as you or I did and I’m not backing anyone on a touchy subject like that unless I knew their character. There are stories on both sides, his closest friends will defend him so that his name isn’t dragged through the mud and ones that just hear the tales that have come in contact with him.
Now all your other issues with Calipari is fine but number 4 is questionable

Why would he defend Rupp? He knew about as much as you or I did and I’m not backing anyone on a touchy subject like that unless I knew their character. There are stories on both sides, his closest friends will defend him so that his name isn’t dragged through the mud and ones that just hear the tales that have come in contact with him.
Now all your other issues with Calipari is fine but number 4 is questionable
There's plenty of ink written about Rupp by people who don't like him. Many may not be aware of this but Rupp coached a black player on one of our Olympic teams. The player had no problems with Rupp.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Before the Cal first fans come in here and act like this is a BBN only thing, uNC fans blasted Roy Williams for losing to Marquette so bad that he walked out of a press conference.

Cal needs to drop the 'tude and realize that his NBA first culture is what created this mess and he needs to put an end to it like now. At 9 million a year, UK basketball needs to be the #1 priority, not getting kids drafted that were already going to get drafted. Hitting the reset button every year was going to bite us in the ass eventually, he had to know that, but he kept rolling the dice.

Seriously, he has a 4* freshman running point… . at Kentucky. You deserve the critisism pal.

Why is it okay for him to be frustrated with the fanbase, but not for the fanbase to be frustrated with him?

The fanbase's loyalty is to the program and it persists when the coach changes. The true fanbase will continue to follow and support the program after he is gone. I wouldn't really be a fan if I could just go pull for another school so easily, would I?
See that’s the problem, if you can be angry at the coach then why can’t he be angry with the fans. That goes both ways and Calipari has said multiple times that fans have the right to be angry at the record but I believe this is Kyle Tucker just stirring the pot since everyone already knew this anyway.

Before the Cal first fans come in here and act like this is a BBN only thing, uNC fans blasted Roy Williams for losing to Marquette so bad that he walked out of a press conference.

Cal needs to drop the 'tude and realize that his NBA first culture is what created this mess and he needs to put an end to it like now. At 9 million a year, UK basketball needs to be the #1 priority, not getting kids drafted that were already going to get drafted. Hitting the reset button every year was going to bite us in the ass eventually, he had to know that, but he kept rolling the dice.

Seriously, he has a 4* freshman running point… . at Kentucky. You deserve the critisism pal.

A 4* high school senior.

Let that sink in.

Reactions: kyjeff1
See that’s the problem, if you can be angry at the coach then why can’t he be angry with the fans. That goes both ways and Calipari has said multiple times that fans have the right to be angry at the record but I believe this is Kyle Tucker just stirring the pot since everyone already knew this anyway.

Nobody said that he couldn't be angry with the fans.

But at the end of the day, he is the one responsible for the team's performance and actions, and fans and administrators are the people who hold him accountable. The fanbase's frustration with him is a measure of accountability. His frustration with the fanbase isn't about him holding us accountable, it's about his ego lashing out when people aren't absolutely in love with him.

Cal is really struggling with the results of this season. In the past he could rely on his talented players to EVENTUALLY turn it around and play up to their potential by the end of the season, while winning enough games along the way to make the NCAA Tournament. Not this season, the talent just isn't there.

So he has to ACTUALLY ADMIT that his way of doing things has resulted in FAILURE. That is EXTREMELY difficult for a coach that has made his living off of proving the naysayers wrong. When the "Basketball Benny's" are PROVEN right, Cal then has to ACKNOWLEDGE his OWN shortcomings. That's not easy for an ego driven dude like him.

What puzzles me during this whole situation is the fact that throughout Cal's career he has been ahead of the curve on reading the future path of the game and ADJUSTED his approach to that. That's why he became THE ONE-AND-DONE coach, to gain an advantage and it worked for a span at Memphis then here.

WHY can't he SEE and MAKE the NEXT progression????

Cal is really struggling with the results of this season. In the past he could rely on his talented players to EVENTUALLY turn it around and play up to their potential by the end of the season, while winning enough games along the way to make the NCAA Tournament. Not this season, the talent just isn't there.

So he has to ACTUALLY ADMIT that his way of doing things has resulted in FAILURE. That is EXTREMELY difficult for a coach that has made his living off of proving the naysayers wrong. When the "Basketball Benny's" are PROVEN right, Cal then has to ACKNOWLEDGE his OWN shortcomings. That' not easy for an ego driven dude like him.

What puzzles me during this whole situation is the fact that throughout Cal's career he has been ahead of the curve on reading the future path of the game and ADJUSTED his approach to that. That's why he became THE ONE-AND-DONE coach, to gain an advantage and it worked for a span at Memphis then here.

WHY can't he SEE and MAKE the NEXT progression????
Even if he could see it, he wouldn't change at Kentucky because it would mean he was wrong. He is likely to make changes when he goes elsewhere. He is too damn prideful to do it any other way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT