ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari calls out UK's negative nellies on this board

this is a recruiting tool. shows future players that he has their back even when the fans have crazy demands and out of this world expectations.
Bashing your fans is a pretty bad recruiting tool. That's as effective as saying we have a bad academic school and our dorms suck. I can't imagine a coach that defends his players against bad fans is going to win over many recruits. More than likely to cost him some.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
There's always going to be the "you win some, you lose some" crowd.

I can't see how these people have ever accomplished anything over mediocrity.
I think many realize that winning every game is impossible so you take losses and use them to motivate yourself and analyze them for where you failed and prepare yourself for the next time.

Looking like Grayson Allen throwing a fit on the bench isn't really a good look. Don't get me wrong I hate losing but it happens. I get angry at the players and I get angry at Cal during games but he knows way more than I do about what is going on and he has a ring and I don't. So I just calm down and move on. I personally look to see how the end of the season turns out and where are we trending as a program over the last few years so Cal will continue to get my support until we are no longer in play to get to the championship round.

Tubby had my support until he trailed off.

I think most UK fans were easier on the team than Cal was...and the ones that weren't are probably UL trolls anyway.

With all due respect to Cal, beating NKU and Wichita State ain't quite enough to puff out one's chest. I feared a few weeks ago the Sweet 16 was our ceiling. Time to prove us nervous nellies wrong! GBB!!

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Thanks! How did you know I said something about you if I am on ignore hmmm
Because someone quoted you. Although it appears I do not have you on ignore after all since I see your post.

Having said that, care to share how in the hell you lumped me in as a negative nellie? You must have me confused with someone else, otherwise you just pulled my name out of your ass for no good reason.

The constantly negative fans are a cancer on the program , it would be better if they bandwagoned another team

Bashing your fans is a pretty bad recruiting tool. That's as effective as saying we have a bad academic school and our dorms suck. I can't imagine a coach that defends his players against bad fans is going to win over many recruits. More than likely to cost him some.

Doubtful. He didn't bash all the fans, or most or even several. He called out a few bad actors and as that crowd often does, they try to hide in the masses. Cal pointing out the jerks and sending the message that those few are irrelevant just shows recruits and parents he has their backs. Every fan base has that undesirable element in their fan base. Cal just marginalized them.

Ya know, it's funny..when you give blood, the most you can expect is a cup of orange juice.. BUT..when you TAKE blood, you get headlines.

I wouldve loved it if Cal actually said "I'm calling out some of you on Rupp's Rafters!"
That would only prove that he reads RR. I doubt he wants that to be known. As for as title or bust posters, I am not one of them. I, we have been spoiled by Cal's success here, and I realize that. Like another poster said, Cal should have 3 titles here, not just one, and his lack of in game coaching, ie: changing defense or offense strategy cost him. I think this year's team has a ceiling of sweet 16 or elite 8. Sweet 16 is where we are now, has capped a really good year, elite 8 or above will be an exceptional year. Win it all would be very special. IMO we can lose the very next game or win the whole damn thing, neither will surprise me with
this bunch.

No matter what happens now, this team had a really good year. Even tho Cal drives me crazy sometimes, this may be his best coaching job to date. That said, he is not above criticism, he is NOT perfect.

You would have to be pretty thick-headed to not understand that Cal bringing in talented players and helping them get to the NBA leads directly to winning.

That you can draw a straight line from Draft Night 2010 to the 2012 NCAA Championship.

You aren't really this slow, right?
I think I will nickname you Shadow.

I think I will nickname you Shadow.

Keep trolling the board, I'll keep responding.

Actually, if you say something reasonable, I'll respond to that too.

That's how a message board works.

But thanks for the nickname.

Sure thing Shadow. Thanks for the lesson.

because....

59d206b7b09b2b2f928308306b198c09.jpg

When Cal is critical of the players getting on to them for not rebounding, playing D, hustling etc etc Is he not doing the same thing as us fans are? Voicing displeasure about what you see is wrong and wanting it corrected??

You are correct if you put yourself on the same level as Cal is as far as basketball knowledge. Also he sees the every day, most fans see them twice a week.You would lead us to believe that there are people on this board equal to Cal. I seriously doubt that is a fact beyond one or two posters.

I thought the point of message boards was to respond to each other?

Wonder why you don't enjoy the feedback...

Maybe you would be better received at the board of whatever team you actually cheer for.

Food for thought.

I thought the point of message boards was to respond to each other?

Wonder why you don't enjoy the feedback...

Maybe you would be better received at the board of whatever team you actually cheer for.

Food for thought.
Shadow, You can follow me around if you so desire. it was fun for a while, but it has grown boring.

Hope you have a good evening.

Shadow, You can follow me around if you so desire. it was fun for a while, but it has grown boring.

Hope you have a good evening.

Hey genius, stop quoting me if you don't want me to respond.

Better yet, stop trolling this board pretending to be a UK fan.

Good
Hey genius, stop quoting me if you don't want me to respond.

Better yet, stop trolling this board pretending to be a UK fan.
Good morning Shadow. It will be a great day today.

I hope you enjoy the good weather before the weather changes tomorrow.

Good

Good morning Shadow. It will be a great day today.

I hope you enjoy the good weather before the weather changes tomorrow.

You are a troll. I'm not responding to any more of your petty crap.

But keep trolling and I will keep hammering on that.

Not sure why you think you deserve a free run criticizing UK and our players and coaches.

Kind of a shame that you aren't brave enough to admit what team you actually cheer for and debate like a man instead of a coward.

ADVERTISEMENT