ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari calls out UK's negative nellies on this board

Maybe it's just me, but the board has gotten pretty sensitive this season. It's literally a place to discuss Kentucky basketball, but if you point out that we struggle against a Mizzou, or don't swear that Monk is the GOAT, you're bashed and called a fake fan. Then those folks start a thread so they can pat each other on the back for having the bluest of glasses.
I'm not sure it's the pointing out that they are playing bad or their faults it's the over the top way it's done imo

They are still complaining. A number of them just waiting for us to lose so they can say, I told you! Names, Waiting on 9, JerseyCat84, Calsthebomb, bigbluelou, others but I can't think of them right now
Hmm, I question Cal from time to time, but I never stop loving my Cats. I was standing in line behind memorial all night for tickets before Cal ever dreamed about UK. Lord willing, I'll still be rooting for my Cats long after he has left.

I think Cal needs to be very careful making statements like this. The BBN makes this program what it is. You can't have the level of passion for the team like we have without having some percentage of fans who are never happy. It comes with the territory. In other words, fewer naysayers would likely mean less passion across the board. No one wants that.

I love Cal but that was a foolish statement to make.

I'm not sure it's the pointing out that they are playing bad or their faults it's the over the top way it's done imo

No, it's not for some. I certainly don't make outlandish posts. You could literally post exact quotes from Cal, critiquing the team during a halftime or post game interview, and a few here would call you a basher or fake fan. It's just weird to me. I never take it personal, and my ingore list consists of exactly 0 people.

If you think it's THIS board he is referring too well.....ahh you're wrong!

He is talking about the same fans that have been cheering for big blue for decades. The thoughts and opinions of people haven't changed bc of a message forum. We've had a rabid fan base for as long as I've been alive. You can tell the age of fans when they point to our message forums as being the place that that the "non fans, trolls" or whatever else you label a critic.

Last point, cal points and says "shake them" "tell them this happens every year". that's his way of downplaying expectations. Sorry but our goal every year are championships and if people get the sense that we are not headed that direction they are going to say it and have the right to say it. This had been the expectations for decades before cal and it's what has elevated our program to greatness. you take out the critics and the "nutjob" fans and this program is not what it is. Sorry but that is truth.

No one specific was called out. The one's who are responding defensively are outing themselves. You know who you are.

This entire thread was started to validate that the nuthuggers slurping of Coach Cal is the right choice to them.
Each to their own. I'm sure they believe they are better fans because of it. They aren't, but whatever...

I've long said that the idiots in our fan base will contribute to Cal leaving early.
Yes we have some idiots in our fan base, but what fan base doesn't have them? Btw, I seem to remember that some Duke fans wanted Coach K fired too.

It's obvious what Cal is talking about.It's one thing to talk about poor play.But calling Briscoe garbage and they can't wait until he is gone,Hump a useless POS,Gabriel a joke who should be traded for a N.Just no need for this.

I hear ya, but that's all of half a dozen people saying things that dumb. And again, if it affects people so negatively and actually affects their life, just use the ignore button. It's literally that simple. But nope, they just start a thread about it and let those couple people continue to rent space in their head.

There are plenty here who throw the players under the bus to cover coaching deficiencies. It is done way too often.
If Briscoe is such human trash, then why is our coach playing him so much?

I like how triggered some ppl got. The overly defensive ones are the ones making the same remarks they always try to make..."We are just pointing out our concerns" or "oh are we supposed to say nothing is ever wrong and every one is awesome"

It's one thing to talk about the team going out there and not playing well. But it's obvious the ppl who do the same exact thing every single year and can't figure it out to trust the process. What is so hard to understand about this? Every single year...Cal can't coach, he doesn't know what he's doing, why did we get this type of players, throw player A under the bus and hope he leaves, jump off a bridge and hang yourself for a January loss, etc...then by the end if the year... Start of next year, rinse and repeat. Btw, UK is 31-5 this year...and have the longest winning streak in the country...so any complaints look silly.

Last edited:
Don't lose to Tenn and that will stop a lot of the complaints..The committee even said that cost UK a 1 seed..And i would wait till i got to the E8 or F4 before calling out the fans..S16 means nothing to me

Good grief, there are 16 teams still playing and UK is one of them. Look, winning in the tournament is difficult and under Cal UK has won a ton in the tournament.

If you think it's THIS board he is referring too well.....ahh you're wrong!

He is talking about the same fans that have been cheering for big blue for decades. The thoughts and opinions of people haven't changed bc of a message forum. We've had a rabid fan base for as long as I've been alive. You can tell the age of fans when they point to our message forums as being the place that that the "non fans, trolls" or whatever else you label a critic.

Last point, cal points and says "shake them" "tell them this happens every year". that's his way of downplaying expectations. Sorry but our goal every year are championships and if people get the sense that we are not headed that direction they are going to say it and have the right to say it. This had been the expectations for decades before cal and it's what has elevated our program to greatness. you take out the critics and the "nutjob" fans and this program is not what it is. Sorry but that is truth.

I think he's talking about you personally. Along with Zay and a couple of others.

I like how triggered some ppl got. The overly defensive ones are the ones making the same remarks they always try to make..."We are just pointing out our concerns" or "oh are we supposed to say nothing is ever wrong and every one is awesome"

It's one thing to talk about the team going out there and not playing well. But it's obvious the ppl who do the same exact thing every single year and can't figure it out to trust the process. What is so hard to understand about this? Every single year...Cal can't coach, he doesn't know what he's doing, why did we get this type of players, throw player A under the bus and hope he leaves, jump off a bridge and hang yourself for a January loss, etc...then by the end if the year... Start of next year, rinse and repeat.

There is a VERY small minority that do all that.

Pretty stupid to be calling out the most loyal fan base in sports.

So, our fans weren't rooting and cheering all year? Really Cal?
You're better than that.

I thought Cal was smarter than that.

Fans always have, and always will, at times, bitch, complain, and get upset, just like Cal does when he's screaming and acting crazy on the sidelines. But, I don't know of any fan base that at the end of the day, are more passionate and loyal than Kentucky fans.

Yep. Everything about this year has been excellent and gone perfectly according to plan.
Well we are now 31-5, sec regular season champs, sec tournament champs and now headed to the sweet 16. What exactly were you expecting?

I don't want to hear excuses and complaints......you are paid to win championships and represent us with class. End of story.

BTW, I didn't hear the interview ;)
Let me see if I've got this right. It's ok for a bunch anonymous internet posters to bitch and moan and say anything they want but Cal can't openly respond because he get's paid millions to coach and keep his mouth shut. Yeah right. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

I really don't know what some are expecting.I think we have had a very good season so far.Our guys have come together and playing as hard as they can.Yes they have faults but who doesn't?We have 2 final four quality teams before we even get there but we have a good shot.

I really don't know what some are expecting.I think we have had a very good season so far.Our guys have come together and playing as hard as they can.Yes they have faults but who doesn't?We have 2 final four quality teams before we even get there but we have a good shot.

Yes,it has been finishing up well. So far.

It's one thing to talk about the team going out there and not playing well. But it's obvious the ppl who do the same exact thing every single year and can't figure it out to trust the process. What is so hard to understand about this? Every single year...Cal can't coach, he doesn't know what he's doing, why did we get this type of players, throw player A under the bus and hope he leaves, jump off a bridge and hang yourself for a January loss, etc...then by the end if the year... Start of next year, rinse and repeat.

The yapping dogs are the ones that got hit by the rock.

Reactions: Mojocat
If they play great they will receive praise if they play awful then they will get complaints. That's life.
No safe space in big time basketball.

... And what's good for the goose is good for the gander: No safe space for fans of big time basketball. I like that Cal's a fighter who gives it right back to the fans.

ADVERTISEMENT