ADVERTISEMENT

Cal vs Pope…. 5 year prediction

I think Cal will be a title contender each of the next 5 years myself. He will change things he knows he needs to. He just wouldn’t change them here and concede to the Bennies.

They will probably be better than us, and may win a title, within the next two years and then we will trend up in about year 3 if we haven’t destroyed Pope by then.
i think cal is done.

I think Cal will be a title contender each of the next 5 years myself. He will change things he knows he needs to. He just wouldn’t change them here and concede to the Bennies.

They will probably be better than us, and may win a title, within the next two years and then we will trend up in about year 3 if we haven’t destroyed Pope by then.
I think the only way Ca see's another FF or Championship is by watching it on TV.... He may have a descent teamor two but not FF quality by the way he did at UK...

GBB

Normal season WIND?

Cal has plenty of that.

But in the postseason it’s eerily still.

My money’s on Pope

The recruiting for Pope is really starting to pick up. We have two top25 picks for 2025, and the #1 ranked class so far. And we're in on I think 3 other top25 guys. It seems almost any way you slice it, barring a big setback, Pope/UK is going to end up with a top5 recruiting class for his first full year.. and that's damn near amazing.. I wasn't sure if he'd EVER get a top5 class, certainly not in his 1st season.

Hard to imagine Pope not doing better than Cal, when their recruiting might be on par with each other, and we actually have the guy that's hungry and modern.
Once he hired the Baylor guy, all the worries went out the window for me. If you can recruit top talent to Waco, you can recruit anywhere.

Man I dont want to come on here and seem like an ass but Cal is doing at Arkansas exactly what you wanted him to do there. Avoid the all freshman all the time.

WHat he did at Arkansas is basicly Keep Wag,Z, and Thiero in his system. Went out and go t top transfers in Brazile,Adoo and the number 1 transfer in Davis. Then added three top freshmen. Dont spendd it all on 17 yr olds. When was the last time Cal had that type of class age wise? Just saying he is doing what he said he was going to do at his Ark presser. That is portal alot more and we will know after seasons end what we will look like the next year. Not 18 months out like it used to be.
I think Cals roster is more of a reflection of when the move was made than his willingness to change. Don’t forget he had 6 freshmen lined up to play at UK and 3 chose not to follow him. He will still have 6 total players who he would have been coaching at UK next year most likely on his Arkansas roster. He has two great additions via the portal in Davis and Adoo but that is nothing new as he was working the portal at UK the last 4 years or so as well. Most portal guys have a difficult time adapting to Cals system however as he really doesn’t have one. You will soon learn, it’s not the roster construction that is Cal’s biggest downfall but rather his actual coaching (strategy and lineup combinations). I said it when he was here but he is really really bad at actual coaching and that is one thing that isn’t changing.

Over It Whatever GIF by Satisfied Customer

I think Cals roster is more of a reflection of when the move was made than his willingness to change. Don’t forget he had 6 freshmen lined up to play at UK and 3 chose not to follow him. He will still have 6 total players who he would have been coaching at UK next year most likely on his Arkansas roster. He has two great additions via the portal in Davis and Adoo but that is nothing new as he was working the portal at UK the last 4 years or so as well. Most portal guys have a difficult time adapting to Cals system however as he really doesn’t have one. You will soon learn, it’s not the roster construction that is Cal’s biggest downfall but rather his actual coaching (strategy and lineup combinations). I said it when he was here but he is really really bad at actual coaching and that is one thing that isn’t changing.
Looks like Cal will only sign three in one of the deepest classes in a while. Time will certainly tell but he said at his presser he had to change his approach and it looks like he is doing that. Gonna be a fun season. Recon Rupp will be rolling when Arkansas comes to town?

Looks like Cal will only sign three in one of the deepest classes in a while. Time will certainly tell but he said at his presser he had to change his approach and it looks like he is doing that. Gonna be a fun season. Recon Rupp will be rolling when Arkansas comes to town?
Most definitely. Will be as charged of an environment that Rupp has witnessed in quite some time. Cals reception will be interesting. I expect mostly cheers with some level of jeers mixed in but when the game gets going all bets are off. Wasn’t a cal fan myself the last 5 years of his tenure here, the Rupp crowd was never hard on him at all. I personally wanted boos rained down so hard on him it would make him want to quit but he never received many boos at All from what I could tell on TV. I understand why arky fans are excited about him but if my suspicions hold up that excitement won’t last long. Only time will tell!!!

Why the obsession with our former coach? He's gone. To me, he doesn't exist any longer. Just another coach of another team, one we plan to beat over and over.
Hope you haven’t been divorced with children??
How do you wake up after being around someone for 15 years and now believe they don’t exist?? I will watch from afar. I don’t want him to be successful somewhere else. IT would poke the wound.
I don’t wish him bad, just not good. I liked him for many years, I liked Ellen. I can’t just forget they were here.
Everyone is different I guess.

What about comparing Calipari's first five years at the University of Kentucky after Billy Gillispie to Pope's first five years here after John Calipari? Who do you think will have more success? I don't understand why we need to compare the historic basketball program at Kentucky to Arkansas.

What about comparing Calipari's first five years at the University of Kentucky after Billy Gillispie to Pope's first five years here after John Calipari? Who do you think will have more success? I don't understand why we need to compare the historic basketball program at Kentucky to Arkansas.

I think, as a Kentucky fan, that would be unrealistic and set Pope up for failure to compare that. Cals first five years here was arguably one of the best 5 year runs in the history of the sport.

I think, as a Kentucky fan, that would be unrealistic and set Pope up for failure to compare that. Cals first five years here was arguably one of the best 5 year runs in the history of the sport.
I'd just rather compare Kentucky coaches with Kentucky coaches. I don't think Gillispie was a particularly great coach and I don't think Calipari's last five years here were good either. Both are taking over for pretty mediocre at best coaches. I think it's an interesting comparison. I have strong doubts he will be that great either but I do think its a more interesting comparison then comparing the greatness that is Kentucky basketball to Arkansas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT