ADVERTISEMENT

Cal vs. KSR (the fans)

Just plain wrong. There are some that way sure. But the great ones balance their egos with servants hearts and not only provide great leadership but transform the pipeline under them. Cal used to be really good at this. He’s lost his touch.
Examples?

Calipari sucks, that’s the bottom line. No matter how many times Ed says we have horrible fans (just go somewhere else if you can’t handle the negativity?). Good fans, bad fans, loud fans, positive fans, no matter how you spin it the moral of the story is our coach is beyond washed.

Calipari sucks, that’s the bottom line. No matter how many times Ed says we have horrible fans (just go somewhere else if you can’t handle the negativity?). Good fans, bad fans, loud fans, positive fans, no matter how you spin it the moral of the story is our coach is beyond washed.
Your opinion means nothing to me. Keyboard warriors don’t move the needle. Fans do. Must be hard being that miserable and being able to do nothing about it. Get on board or see your way out.

Reactions: shodaman
I think that .Cal already knows this is his last year. He will not coach again . Instead, he will get a huge contract from CBS to replace a "retiring" Rafferty as an announcer . In fact if you look at the money paid to Tom Brady, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Cal gets a ten year contract worth at least 3/4 of what he now makes and perhaps more. After all in many ways he is a really great entertainer and comfortable in front of the media.

As another poster pointed out all signs seem to point in this direction. Any new coach will need to rely on the portal to re-stock the team as most of this year's players will be gone. That is also why Wagner has not committed and why we seem to be struggling with any commitments for 2023 other than Shepherd (who may be the cornerstone recruit for any new coach)

So really no reason to trash Cal or the program in the months ahead. I think he has a plan to step aside on his own terms and would like to have a great season to finish out his career.

BTW I think buying the nice home in Nashville was likely a part of the overall plan and the difficulty in recruiting and getting a new assistant is also very telling.

Your opinion means nothing to me. Keyboard warriors don’t move the needle. Fans do. Must be hard being that miserable and being able to do nothing about it. Get on board or see your way out.
What exactly are you on board with, other than calling out posters who are fed up with Cal. The vast majority of UK fans are ready for Cal to be gone. UK can do better than what Cal is giving the program right now. Come over from the dark side before it is too late

you are right fans do
that is why you hero was begging the "fans" to attend games
what will your hero do if even less show up this year

What exactly are you on board with, other than calling out posters who are fed up with Cal. The vast majority of UK fans are ready for Cal to be gone. UK can do better than what Cal is giving the program right now. Come over from the dark side before it is too late
I support UK. I support the players. And I support the coach. When Cal leaves I will wish him well, then support the new coach no matter who it is. Funny I talk to people everyday. Huge UK fans. Many not happy with the last 2 years but almost none want Cal gone. You guys live in this bubble where posters trash UK and you think it’s real life. Half of the haters on here are playing a game. Getting people riled up for their kicks. I’ll leave the dark side to you. Life is too short to be miserable.

Reactions: shodaman
you are right fans do
that is why you hero was begging the "fans" to attend games
what will your hero do if even less show up this year
Fan attendance being down is schedule. And 75 inch hi def tv’s you can get for $500.

I support UK. I support the players. And I support the coach. When Cal leaves I will wish him well, then support the new coach no matter who it is. Funny I talk to people everyday. Huge UK fans. Many not happy with the last 2 years but almost none want Cal gone. You guys live in this bubble where posters trash UK and you think it’s real life. Half of the haters on here are playing a game. Getting people riled up for their kicks. I’ll leave the dark side to you. Life is too short to be miserable.
I'm not miserable at all, you must be selective in the people that you talk to because most UK fans want Cal out. I'm not referring to posters on the board, lifelong fans who never even heard of this board are done with Cal .Do I wish it were different and Cal was winning 30 games a year, sure I do but it isn't and it isn't going to be with Cal here

I support UK. I support the players. And I support the coach.
You aware that it’s ok to have this sentiment 99% of the time, but also be done supporting the coach when you don’t agree with 99% of the things he does/says? You know, like the overwhelming majority of UK fans do at this point (except for you and the handful of people you claim to talk to I guess).

You aware that it’s ok to have this sentiment 99% of the time, but also be done supporting the coach when you don’t agree with 99% of the things he does/says? You know, like the overwhelming majority of UK fans do at this point (except for you and the handful of people you claim to talk to I guess).
Wanting him to make changes and wanting him gone are two different things.

I'm not miserable at all, you must be selective in the people that you talk to because most UK fans want Cal out. I'm not referring to posters on the board, lifelong fans who never even heard of this board are done with Cal .Do I wish it were different and Cal was winning 30 games a year, sure I do but it isn't and it isn't going to be with Cal here
In my personal hours I wear UK gear almost exclusively. To the point my wife gets pissed at me. So I talk to people all the time because when a UK fan sees a UK fan they tend to talk. You can believe me or not but the vast majority don’t want him gone. They are not all happy but not ready to cut bait.

In my personal hours I wear UK gear almost exclusively. To the point my wife gets pissed at me. So I talk to people all the time because when a UK fan sees a UK fan they tend to talk. You can believe me or not but the vast majority don’t want him gone. They are not all happy but not ready to cut bait.
You just generalized the entire UK fanbase based on your own anecdotal evidence. I talk to a lot of UK fans all the time too, and they ALL want Cal gone.

My anecdotal evidence cancels out yours.

Therefore, the vast majority are done with Cal.

Reactions: TM2013
You just generalized the entire UK fanbase based on your own anecdotal evidence. I talk to a lot of UK fans all the time too, and they ALL want Cal gone.

My anecdotal evidence cancels out yours.

Therefore, the vast majority are done with Cal.
If you add all your personalities you probably talk to hundreads of people.

just curious where do you get the number for mass majority of fans want cal out? number of or percentage of would be o.k.

I'll take you at your word but the folks I talk to want him gone because they are convinced he won't change. We do agree on one issue UK fans are not happy and Cal is the cause of the unhappiness. Last years team was one of my favorite teams(in the Cal era) to watch. I truly believe it is in the best interest of UK for Cal to be gone just as I did for Billy Clyde to be gone. I supported Joe B and Tubby till the end I hope that tells you the degree of damage I believe Cal is currently doing.

Reactions: TM2013 and ck-2
just curious where do you get the number for mass majority of fans want cal out? number of or percentage of would be o.k.
Have been a lifelong fan of UK so I know many UK fans in my area of the state (Southcentral) and to a person everyone I talk to wants him gone. It is a cross section of fans from many walks of life and educational levels. I don't hear any Cal support I mean 0, none. There must be some somewhere but not in the folks I talk to.

Have been a lifelong fan of UK so I know many UK fans in my area of the state (Southcentral) and to a person everyone I talk to wants him gone. It is a cross section of fans from many walks of life and educational levels. I don't hear any Cal support I mean 0, none. There must be some somewhere but not in the folks I talk to.
I live in the Owensboro area on the Indiana side have been a lifelong fan 65 years i talk alot of basketball with people in this area and have seen a lot of disapointment but very few want him gone

The fact that this board is so divided should be evidence enough that Cal has a problem. And I fully understand that this board isnt a reflection necessarily of the fanbase as a whole, but most of my interactions with fans and family are the same as others have stated. Just really lukewarm to cold on the program as a whole. The one and done thing has run its course combined with at least a perceived disgust with playing (not taking) any decent in state kid. Allen was the one that broke me. Everyone throws look how shitty he played, he had his chance and didnt take it, blah blah. You let me coach any kid on the roster last year, the way Cal coached Allen and I promise by year end they would also be a steaming pile of garbage.

Take a shot and miss...yanked
Dont shoot when he thought you should have ...yanked
Make a mistake. yanked immediately and screamed at

I guarantee you any coach could have broken TyTy, Oscar or any other player had they been treated exactly the same.

I liked Cal, but I too have shifted to the mindset that he just flat out isnt willing to change away from playing two traditional post players and get with the times. HE was exactly what the program needed when he came to us, but its time to move on.

And any fan, that doenst get upset that there team is underperforming and doesnt want change, isnt really a fan. They are just a casual observer.

False

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT