ADVERTISEMENT

Cal vs. KSR (the fans)

drainthatub

Senior
Feb 25, 2007
This is becoming an all out war it seems like. Since the end of the season KSR has been very critical of Cal and MJ has also let it be known that he’s furious that Cal and the staff have started to communicate more with Kyle Tucker and have basically cut all ties with him. There’s been several interviews recently where Cal has thrown some shade at the show and Jones keeps firing back. There’s no way this whole thing ends well with Cal seemingly hating the fan base (thanks in large part to KSR and them claiming to be the collective voice of bbn).

This is becoming an all out war it seems like. Since the end of the season KSR has been very critical of Cal and MJ has also let it be known that he’s furious that Cal and the staff have started to communicate more with Kyle Tucker and have basically cut all ties with him. There’s been several interviews recently where Cal has thrown some shade at the show and Jones keeps firing back. There’s no way this whole thing ends well with Cal seemingly hating the fan base (thanks in large part to KSR and them claiming to be the collective voice of bbn).
I thought no one on here listened to KSR.

Screw Calipari. Give me a humble down to earth Stoops over him any day of the week. Cal thinks he is above reproach.
I was one of Stoops' worst detractors after season 2. He completely converted me. I NEVER would have imagined that Stoops would be the badass, loved coach and Cal would be the disgraced pariah. NEVER. Amazing how these things happen.

Screw Calipari. Give me a humble down to earth Stoops over him any day of the week. Cal thinks he is above reproach.
And he looks down on Kentucky fans. Maybe he’s annoyed that this fanbase knows as much or more about basketball as him and he can’t stand it. At his book signing the whole room cheered for him and he said ’you guys are crazy!’ At the time I took it as a compliment, as in you guys really care. Now I wonder if that was a sly poke at us.

And he looks down on Kentucky fans. Maybe he’s annoyed that this fanbase knows as much or more about basketball as him and he can’t stand it. At his book signing the whole room cheered for him and he said ’you guys are crazy!’ At the time I took it as a compliment, as in you guys really care. Now I wonder if that was a sly poke at us.
He’s annoyed the fans are delusional

• Haha
Reactions: SemperFiCat
have said for years that the fans know good basketball & UK is not good basketball anymore
there are high school coaches that do a better job of "coaching" than ccc

Every bit of this is leading to an ugly breakup, imo
I think the break up will be after this year. I mean he’s already quit recruiting and we only have 8 legit scholarship players (Ware and Thiero are of no help), one of whom is always hurt. It’s looking like Bruiser Flint will be the “new” assistant and he’s like Barbee part two. And this team will be short handed with very little outside shooting so I don’t look for us to do much this year. Plus we’ll lose like the top 7 or 8 guys off this team next year and we are behind in recruiting again. All the stars are aligning for this to be Cal’s last year. And the poor new coach will be left with nothing to build on.

I think the break up will be after this year. I mean he’s already quit recruiting and we only have 8 legit scholarship players (Ware and Thiero are of no help), one of whom is always hurt. It’s looking like Bruiser Flint will be the “new” assistant and he’s like Barbee part two. And this team will be short handed with very little outside shooting so I don’t look for us to do much this year. Plus we’ll lose like the top 7 or 8 guys off this team next year and we are behind in recruiting again. All the stars are aligning for this to be Cal’s last year. And the poor new coach will be left with nothing to build on.
Why would a coach need anything left if they are so much better than cal??! He brought in a whole new team minus Patterson, I'm sure the next guy will aswell

Our fans are complete morons about the game of basketball. We may have 15% of the group that know the ins and outs of the games
Trying to be fair here. Sure, we have some fans that are clueless. But we’ve got a HUGE number of fans. There are also some extremely smart fans and it seems to me that most (not all) want Triple C gone. I’m not a moron and I wish he’d pack up and run far away never to spew his bullsh*t again.

First off KSR is not a representative of the fans. The fans have as hostile a relationship at times with KSR as Cal does with the fans. Second point is the problem here is that Cal's approach is very much broken and he just can't bring himself to changing it. He remains to prideful to do that. It's starting to look like the end of the Bobby Knight era. I don't mean the part about choking player at practice. I mean the part where coaches like Pitino came along and changed basketball in the 90's and Knight still had his 1970's approach. Cal has an approach to the game that is outdated. The game continuously changes and you have to change with it. He hasn't. Furthermore he doesn't appear to have success of the program at the top of his list of priorities. Calling fans "basketball Bennies" for noticing the slippage is only making the situation hostile.

Cal and his family are in hiding. Easy to spout off a bunch of crap when you’re winning but they’re being smart and staying hidden in the weeds. They know the fans have had their fill and it’s a volatile situation. The best thing he could do is throw everything he has in him at this year and make it a success so he has opportunity to go elsewhere next year.

As someone who has no idea about this "feud" what lately/when exactly is Calipari throwing shade at KSR? I'm not being condescending. All I've seen/listened to is his interviews with Dan Issel and Mike Pratt recently and didn't know he's been firing shots at KSR at all. When did this take place?

As for Kyle Tucker.....Tucker is like any media member, they'll do what it takes to get info and I'd not be so certain about his link to the program. He works to get in with family members and had past assistants (Justus specifically) leak things to him. All has been quiet and speculative lately overall and haven't heard much about the program at all. Keion Brooks is about to split and his Dad was a major source for Tucker. With Keion at the Combine, Tucker's been pretty quiet and guessing like everyone else. Just saying...

ADVERTISEMENT