ADVERTISEMENT

Cal uses opening game to try to fix things.

Mar 17, 2012
In the second half it appeared Cal kept going back to certain offensive strategies, such as posting Dakari down low and feeding Booker in his spots. I believe he was trying to work out kinks for individual players with a second half scrimmage.

Anybody else see that?

He clearly wants to get Booker back on track, and I agree, that is a big deal going forward. Booker is pressing a little IMO, perhaps because of NBA mock drafts.

last 18 games, booker 20 of 61 for 32 %. that's half the season. is it considered a slump at this point or just what he is? i mean i get that his form is picture perfect, but for some people it's just mental. i'd be willing to be he drains everything in practice still.

I kept telling my wife that if I were him I'd try to get Johnson and Booker more game time to try and work through things. it looked like that was what he was trying to do.

It appeared to me that they tried to play more up tempo instead of a few token spurts. As such, I didn't think the execution in the full court was all that great against the quality of the opponent.

I think we should have been playing up tempo more all season but I understand that we didn't need to.

Originally posted by throatpoker:
last 18 games, booker 20 of 61 for 32 %. that's half the season. is it considered a slump at this point or just what he is? i mean i get that his form is picture perfect, but for some people it's just mental. i'd be willing to be he drains everything in practice still.
its not so much of a slump as it is that he's been hit or miss. one game its like 2-4 and the next game or two its like 0-2 or 1-4

Originally posted by KWilt43atbuzz:
We need to get Aaron going as well
arrow-10x10.png
[/URL]. He was ofer the field last night. WT?
obviously we need Aaron to play better, but between SEC tourney and last game, he still have been playing very well.

Also, he is moving/passing the ball really well recently.

ADVERTISEMENT