ADVERTISEMENT

Cal tweets; hints more to come

Cal is pissed about the top 3 going to Duke ..It lit a fire under his ass. That's why he said he will be more involved in recruiting..He also knows who we open with next year

Cal is pissed about the top 3 going to Duke ..It lit a fire under his ass. That's why he said he will be more involved in recruiting..He also knows who we open with next year

I hope that with the summer trip this team can start the season blowing out Duke. I would love to see Cal let our squad beat down the recruits who chose Duke.

swame.jpg

Coach Cal was actually quoted as saying he's going to be more involved in recruiting? Our recruiting was never bad it's just that one team was doing better.

It's not Vernon Carey guys !!!! It's wiseman . Him and Ashton are really close . Cal is working hard . By his tweet he could get it done. Would be absolute epic next season

3 out of four and I'm happy unless we get Wiseman or the Mayo kid which would give us more breathing room. I just hope it doesn't shake out in a worst case scenario ordeal.
man i’d be happy with 2. 3 or 4 and we will be scary.

Well its going to be damn tough to top getting the 1,2, and 3 players in the class but if anyone can be swaggy and one up that then it would be cal. (obviously wont be able to 1 up it this season but in seasons to come)

If it's a grad transfer I really like the Daum guy from South Dakota State. Haven't seen any footage of Mayo yet.

Reactions: brianpoe
Sab, you mean he is not gonna join Penny at Memphis? Penny is gonna flop on that job worse than what Pastner ever thought about..

Well the top 1,2,3 need to be updated because Nassir Little should move past Cam Reddish and possibly Zion too. Barrett is solidly number 1 - but man Little has been impressive (makes my stomach sick that he's going to UNC)

I REALLY want Carey. Even if it’s for 19. Dude is a freaking beast. Like really good.
He’d come in and immediately contribute.

IF Cal was able to reel him in this year??? Along with the rabbit out of the hat pick ups of Hagans and EJ... forget about it lol... that would be EPIC
The media was right about college basketball having a super team next year, they just had the wrong team LOL.

It's not Vernon Carey guys !!!! It's wiseman . Him and Ashton are really close . Cal is working hard . By his tweet he could get it done. Would be absolute epic next season

Wiseman would be nice.

If we get everyone else back and add Wiseman, we should be preseason #1.

G Hagans/Green
G Diallo/Quickley/Baker
G Johnson/Herro
F Washington/Gabriel
F Wiseman/Vanderbilt/Richards

Wiseman would be nice.

G Hagans/Green
G Diallo/Quickley/Baker
G Johnson/Herro
F Washington/Gabriel

Montgomery??

Reactions: BBUK
Well the top 1,2,3 need to be updated because Nassir Little should move past Cam Reddish and possibly Zion too. Barrett is solidly number 1 - but man Little has been impressive (makes my stomach sick that he's going to UNC)
He's probably better than his current rating, but you don't draw conclusions like you just did from no-D All-Star shi*fests like the Micky D and Jordan games. A player can rack up points in games like that just by running up and down the court harder than everyone else.

It's too bad Little didn't make the Hoop Summit roster, as that's a much better vehicle to scout players. There's at least some effort made on defense, and it's usually more than an endless succession of run-outs.

He's probably better than his current rating, but you don't draw conclusions like you just did from no-D All-Star shi*fests like the Micky D and Jordan games. A player can rack up points in games like that just by running up and down the court harder than everyone else.

It's too bad Little didn't make the Hoop Summit roster, as that's a much better vehicle to scout players. There's at least some effort made on defense, and it's usually more than an endless succession of run-outs.

I agree with not drawing too many conclusions from the game. I was basing it on the practice reports too. Little has been raved about the last few weeks. Also, his length is freakish and a pretty high level of athleticism to boot. Add that with his jump shot improving and he looked pretty good.

I am also disappointed in Little not being on the hoops summit roster. we both can probably agree that is by far the best all star game. I am disappointed in the US roster overall too.

I think Little will go through some growing pains adjusting to college... but he looks like a beast.

If it's either Carey or Wiseman I'll have to take a day off to recover. At worst you have to think there's a grad transfer big man.

Blueblood66 still going to be like "Nope, our recruiting is fine, nothing at all about the NCAA or FBI or Capel going to Pitt".

If Carey commits to UK after we just got two other 5-stars this week, you can chalk this down as a footnote in K's retirement.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Wiseman would be nice.

G Hagans/Green
G Diallo/Quickley/Baker
G Johnson/Herro
F Washington/Gabriel

I'm in the camp that would rather have Wiseman wait a year. I think he's so young that he'd struggle to adjust and get pushed around by much bigger and stronger men.

Reactions: anon_013cn8yrfncx2
I think PJ and Vando are the keys.

We can replace Quade with Maxey and that's a talent upgrade. We already filled Diallo's spot with IQ and Herro. Knox was replaced by Johnson. SGA was replaced by Hagans. SKJ was replaced by Montgomery.

There's really no one to do what Vando does. We could find guys to play PJ's game, but I want PJ and one of those guys if it's Gabriel we lose.

Saw where there is a potential grad-transfer from Stanford and he looks impressive. All Conference and top 5 in league in 5 categories, I believe it was .He could make up a loss of PJ possibly. 245# 6'-8"
Vanderbilt seems like he' possibly one of those guys we have some years that we may never replace. MKG, Tyler Ulis, Davis and JV(rebounding and D) each have a particular skill+hustle that is unmatched, even long-term. We are so spoiled and I love it. 99% of programs are lucky to have one generational type and we get so many I didnt even include Cuz or Kat or Booker or Monk...

Reactions: GonzoCat90
ADVERTISEMENT