ADVERTISEMENT

Cal tweets; hints more to come

200w.gif

I just hope this doesn't mean we are losing more guys. Landing this elite talent is exciting but I really want to keep the guys we have.

If those guys are leaving, it's better to replace them than to not. I'd love to keep everyone, but if Hami or Quade or Wenyen are leaving, all Cal can do is get a talented replacement.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
If those guys are leaving, it's better to replace them than to not. I'd love to keep everyone, but if Hami or Quade or Wenyen are leaving, all Cal can do is get a talented replacement.

Agreed, and I'm not blaming Cal for any roster attrition. Some players leave when he wants them to stay. I'm just hoping Green and PJ come back. Vando would be the cherry on top. If Diallo and Gabriel leave, I can live with that.

Agreed, and I'm not blaming Cal for any roster attrition. Some players leave when he wants them to stay. I'm just hoping Green and PJ come back. Vando would be the cherry on top. If Diallo and Gabriel leave, I can live with that.

I think PJ and Vando are the keys.

We can replace Quade with Maxey and that's a talent upgrade. We already filled Diallo's spot with IQ and Herro. Knox was replaced by Johnson. SGA was replaced by Hagans. SKJ was replaced by Montgomery.

There's really no one to do what Vando does. We could find guys to play PJ's game, but I want PJ and one of those guys if it's Gabriel we lose.

Challenged, defiant John Calipari is the best John Calipari and it isn't even close.

Hoverboard Cal is a pretty solid #2 though.

Yeah, dude just goes ape shit and starts crushing it when he feels his back against the wall.

It's really why his teams seem to always perform better in the tournament when they're being doubted and playing the "us against the world" card.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Main recruiting pitch needs to be to Quade to make sure he doesn’t leave, he is needed above all else due to his shooting and already being through the wars as a freshman. Best case scenario is

Quade
Hami
Johnson
PJ
Vandy

Wenyen
Nick
E.J.
Immanuel
Tyler
Hagans
Baker

Worse case

Immanuel
Tyler
Johnson
Wenyen
Nick

E.J
Baker
Hagans

That second case is very possible but I don’t think it’s likely because I think PJ comes back and Quade stays

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Now I just want PJ,JV,Gabriel and Green back.
3 out of four and I'm happy unless we get Wiseman or the Mayo kid which would give us more breathing room. I just hope it doesn't shake out in a worst case scenario ordeal.

3 out of four and I'm happy unless we get Wiseman or the Mayo kid which would give us more breathing room. I just hope it doesn't shake out in a worst case scenario ordeal.
That’s kinda what I’m hoping for right now. I don’t WANT any of them to leave but I could live with only losing one.

Reactions: Primedfor9
ADVERTISEMENT