ADVERTISEMENT

Cal seems genuinely worried.

Fans better be with him. Right now I cannot see how they beat a team like Kansas but that is ok this year. Then again, I would like to see how they do against at least another team before I give up on some of the early tough games.

The key with this team is D. The sky is the limit with their length. Once that kicks in, the O matures, Vanderbilt and Baker return.....watch out!!!!!

Reactions: white10
Yeah, this will be our worst team since 2013. Makes last year hurt worse.

Thinking back, 2016 wasn't that good either.

This will be a FUN TEAM to watch throughout the season and in March, but I'm sure there will be plenty of growing pains to get where Cal needs them to be to compete for the Title. Enjoy what we have, not everybody has it... we are probably spoiled.

This will be a FUN TEAM to watch throughout the season and in March, but I'm sure there will be plenty of growing pains to get where Cal needs them to be to compete for the Title. Enjoy what we have, not everybody has it... we are probably spoiled.
This is said every year with Cal but, probably true. No one really knows what to expect except that we have a lot of talent and if he can get them clicking by March, most will not really care how we start.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
I see no way that we're ready to play Kansas in three weeks. Maybe three months - not three weeks. That said, I saw a lot tonight that makes me optimistic for March. But...woof, Cal is right - we have a long way to go.

Cal is definitely Worried. I’m not worried about being a really good team. I’m worried about being able to compete for a title. I don’t see it. We don’t get those kinds of draws for a team this raw. But that’s what Cal does, and it’s his job to not only recruit but also put the right pieces in the floor. Something I think he misses too often for as well as he recruits.

Cal cannot talk about youth as an excuse. I’ve never liked it and never will. If I buy a 10 year old used car I can’t complain that the problems are related to buying a 10 year old used car when I had the ability to buy better.

This is how he builds rosters. Choppy and talented. He doesn’t have to do it, it’s been proven that you can both - recruit youth and retain talent. It won’t cost you down the line.

Personally I think he’s curving toward it. Without the top 5 pouring in he’s going to have to get talent back. There’s no question about it.

I am starting this year with zero expectations. I expect to lose several games. I also see a long, athletic team. I think this team will be a fun team to watch and hopefully watch them improve. Cal has a tough job figuring out the lineups. Will be an interesting year. UK basketball is all I have now, as UK will be the only team I watch this year.

When you see that the 2 other times we had very little returning scoring we went out in the first round of the NIT and early in the NCAA, it's understandable he's worried. We return an even lower amount of scoring this season.

Cal is definitely Worried. I’m not worried about being a really good team. I’m worried about being able to compete for a title. I don’t see it. We don’t get those kinds of draws for a team this raw. But that’s what Cal does, and it’s his job to not only recruit but also put the right pieces in the floor. Something I think he misses too often for as well as he recruits.

Cal cannot talk about youth as an excuse. I’ve never liked it and never will. If I buy a 10 year old used car I can’t complain that the problems are related to buying a 10 year old used car when I had the ability to buy better.

This is how he builds rosters. Choppy and talented. He doesn’t have to do it, it’s been proven that you can both - recruit youth and retain talent. It won’t cost you down the line.

Personally I think he’s curving toward it. Without the top 5 pouring in he’s going to have to get talent back. There’s no question about it.

Excited that we are considered favs for Zion and Bol (top 5) and 4 top 10 players for 18 tho

Yeah, this will be our worst team since 2013. Makes last year hurt worse.

Thinking back, 2016 wasn't that good either.
No offense pal, but your eye for talent sucks. This could be the most talented squad in the history of Uk basketball once Vanderbilt comes back. Mark my words. We have more length than ever before, perfect for positionless basketball. Center is the only question mark, and we will be fine there once Richards progresses. Folks, this is the 13-14 team on steroids. May lose 6-7 games, tourney time, we won’t be stopped.

Our conditioning sucks. However, I don’t see a lot of teams with guys like Gabriel, Washington and Knox.

Greene reminds me of Mike Bibby.

Lots of raw talent. Lots of room to improve. Lots of inexperience. He's worried because he's no dummy....but he will have them ready by Feb barring injuries.
He promised that we'd be ugly early. We could lose 10 games and still make the final 4. The usual.

Reactions: Fox2monk

I tend to wait instead of eating crow later. Several could learn from this advice.

I didn't see much in the middle either on offensive or defense. How do we defensively handle a deliberate styled offense that has a decent big man? Diallo is great with dunks but his shooting sure looks suspect to me and this is after a lot of practice and playing the past year. But Knox was impressive as was Washington. Quade was OK, and if he is the lead point guard he needs a lot of coaching on when and how to complete the correct assist. So hard to predict how this team is going to do. No argument with the amount of talent, but so green.

Yeah, a title this season seems like a pretty long shot. A lot would have to go our way, which, come on. If Green comes back, along with SKJ, WG, SGA, JB, and possibly JV, then I think we are in great shape to be possibly the favorites next season. Assuming we get ZW, and a couple others to go along with IQ. And yes, I get really tired of hearing about how young we are. I love Cal, but I have to tune him out when he goes down that road.

No offense pal, but your eye for talent sucks. This could be the most talented squad in the history of Uk basketball once Vanderbilt comes back. Mark my words. We have more length than ever before, perfect for positionless basketball. Center is the only question mark, and we will be fine there once Richards progresses. Folks, this is the 13-14 team on steroids. May lose 6-7 games, tourney time, we won’t be stopped.

Lol, most talented squad in KY history? You realize since Cals been here we've had teams go 38-2 and 38-1 right?

ADVERTISEMENT