ADVERTISEMENT

Cal says tonight on Radio Show that Wallace may not play against UF

If he doesn’t play vs Florida than the it’s nothing and precautionary talk was BS, bumping knees does not require you to sit out a week
You've obviously been a high profile athlete that bumped knees with another high profile athlete and know that it doesn't hurt that bad.

Reactions: Graham51
I have bumped knees countless times playing basketball, and I don’t have to sit out a week, if that’s what they are saying it shouldnt be a week injury, now it could be something different and cal is trying to protecting him, but if it is just bumping knees, that isn’t a week injury
I bet you have bumped knees with lesser athletes going at a bit slower pace. Just guessing.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Bumping knees is not a one week injury, it has never been, now if he tweaked in warmups and they were being safe than that fine, but bumping knees is not a one week injury
Bumping knees can be a season ending injury if damage is done. Have you ever had a knee cap bruise? At the level these kids play, a knee bruise that affects your ability to cut is an injury you can't play with. I sat next to a guy a couple years ago at Rupp, the guy was every bit of 350. He kept yelling that the kids weren't in shape and when he played in grade school his coaches would not have put up with them asking to be subbed out. It was laughable. A big fat guy complaining that a world class athlete asked for a break so that he could make sure that while he is playing he has everything to give. Our fans can be so ignorant of what it takes to play at the level these kids play.

Bumping knees can be a season ending injury if damage is done. Have you ever had a knee cap bruise? At the level these kids play, a knee bruise that affects your ability to cut is an injury you can't play with. I sat next to a guy a couple years ago at Rupp, the guy was every bit of 350. He kept yelling that the kids weren't in shape and when he played in grade school his coaches would not have put up with them asking to be subbed out. It was laughable. A big fat guy complaining that a world class athlete asked for a break so that he could make sure that while he is playing he has everything to give. Our fans can be so ignorant of what it takes to play at the level these kids play.
Did you jump his a$$ like you do posters on here you disagree with....or no???

That was your opportunity to set one of us idiots straight.

Did you call him out??

Last edited:
I bet you have bumped knees with lesser athletes going at a bit slower pace. Just guessing.
I have bumped knees, nowhere near the athlete but it wasn’t a slow pace, but either way bumping knees is not a week injury maybe a game maybe a day but if it’s a week it’s something more serious, and cal is doing his normal injury misdirection

Did you jump his a$$ like you do posters on here you disagree with....or no???

That was your opportunity set one of us idiots straight.

Did you call him out??
He did jump me, but he responded to my post saying bumping knees normally isn’t a week injury

• Haha
Reactions: cathouse
Could just be precautionary. But I'd wager he (Cal) is playing the "make UF plan for Wheeler" trick, although most coaches have plans for all scenarios (except ours).
Plan for Wheeler?

Okay, guys, sag off him outside the 3-point line, don't let him go left and set high post screens on him.
See, that "plan" didn't take long at all.

Here's his comments after Ole Miss that start at the 4:50 mark:

He does say "banged knees" though not clear when on that and then he says Cason was good at practice the day before the Ole Miss game and then he kind of "stepped funny" at the shootaround before Ole Miss and Cal just told him to stay out. Then he said you don't need to play guys that are 80% before he corrects himself to "or 90%."
Sounds like a liar who hasn’t quite dialed in his lie just yet.

Why would Cal lie about Wallace? It's ridiculous to even suggest such a thing. It's worse than the made up bennies story.

But if Wheeler is our point guard Sat night, we lose.

no one should argue with the idea that Cal will hold a player out even if it means losing after Sharpe

and yea, he'd lie and not think twice about whether it was right or not.

Cal is of the opinion the fans don't need to know or have a right to question his decision making.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I mean you can only use a trick once before it’s not longer a trick/surprise . Does Cal think he’s the only coach to ever think of that little ploy? Come on. If he’s really banged up just say so.
He is banged up. Cal said he was and he also said he might not play. What more would you like him to say? Cal does some things that gets on all of our nerves, but never really understood the uproar over these injury reports.

Florida is way better than Ole Miss and South Carolina so it’s no gimme and they have been playing well the past couple of weeks too. They are also beating Tennessee too so that game is huge now to gain another game in the standings.
Its no gimmie but they wont be at home like they were last night and their O is still an abysmal #144 in Kenpom.

He is banged up. Cal said he was and he also said he might not play. What more would you like him to say? Cal does some things that gets on all of our nerves, but never really understood the uproar over these injury reports.
The problem they linger and we never get quite a clear answer. Nobody wants an mri detailed report but Cal has pulled the old “haven’t seen him” one to many times to take him fully at his word I’m sorry to say.

Wonder if this is a combination of a real knee bruise and fatigue? Athletes can push themselves into a fatigue state and sometimes needs a little break. I used to be a serious, semi-pro road cyclist pushing more than 200 miles per week on the road, and I recall hitting a "wall" of sorts from just overdoing it. Had to take 2 weeks off because I was a physical and mental disaster. Sports doc said it was just fatigue from overdoing it - working harder than my body could take, even with a 7000 calorie diet.

In another note, I saw in that argument conspiracy thread where the OP of that thread said Cal supposedly "confirmed" Wallace wasn't at all injured, but he provided no link or proof, nor have I read it anywhere else. So if Cal has explicitly stated somewhere that Wallace wasn't really injured and is not injured now, I'm sure a lot of fans would like to see that statement. And I'd owe that BBNWildcat pot stirrer an apology.

I think last night's game is more about UT throwing a stinker out there than Florida doing something to overpower them.

This is typical Rick Barnes stuff here.

UT only scored 54 points and as surprising as that may seem, it is the biggest chink in their armor. Their offense is really bad at times.

If Wallace can't go, stick Reeves at the top of the key, set a middle ball screen and let him go to work, just like the Ole Miss game.

I'm glad you don't coach our team.
Lol. Sure wouldn't be playing favorites and acting like it was the fan's fault because I lose games and players because of my own actions if I were the coach....

Oh, and I would teach them a zone offense, zone defense, at least 2 out of bounds plays, and probably practice free throws and watch game film.....

What about your coach??????

Why would Cal lie about Wallace? It's ridiculous to even suggest such a thing. It's worse than the made up bennies story.

But if Wheeler is our point guard Sat night, we lose.
Cal doesn't HAVE to lie about anything......yet he does anyway, and gets a pass from his fans calling it just " coach speak".

Reactions: catben
Could have fooled me last night.
9 assists 1 turnover
Covered in Ole Miss w/out Wallace.
Wheeler, playing with a bum ankle, forced a 1O sec call.
Kid showed big kahunas last night.
Next detractor.
The guy he was guarding scored 20 points.

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT