ADVERTISEMENT

Cal pitching Knox on returning, per Kyle Tucker

CatsnRoses

Senior
May 13, 2007
“Here’s what it looks like if you come back. I’d love to have you,” Calipari told Knox during a meeting in Lexington, his father Kevin Knox Sr. told SEC Country on Tuesday. “He said, ‘Man, we want you to come back, but at the end of the day, if you end up leaving, we will not have been able to see the best of Kevin Knox in Lexington. That is yet to come if you decide to leave.’ ”

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky...x-john-calipari-pitch-nba-draft-return-school

I know I have said I think he will leave, but I would love for him to come back too. We don't have a 6'9 scoring machine coming in that can score like he can.

Knox is an interesting one because Cal (like most of us) feel KK could not only improve on so many aspects of his game from another year of college, but drastically improve his draft stock by bettering himself and benefiting from a less stacked draft class next year. Knox's family doesn't need the money, the one glaring risk would be potential injury. Even with Knox projected as high as 12, I think he should come back. And that's trying to look at it without any bias (although there obviously will be some).

Reactions: wildcatwelder
How is this possible? UCONN told us his mind is made up. I am so confused now.
I know right. I mean knox told Conn yesterday that his mind was made up remember? BAHAHAHA. That dude is as transparent as they come . And I still think Knox , SGA and Diallo leave but nothing has been decided by anyone.

How is this possible? UCONN told us his mind is made up. I am so confused now.
JubilantParallelGharial-max-1mb.gif

Well sure looks like Conn has some egg on his face. How can SGA and Knox announce they are leaving together on Monday when Knox is announcing his decision on Friday? LMAO.

Nope, all I can say is you aren't hearing the whole story. No egg on my face, sorry

Nope, all I can say is you aren't hearing the whole story. No egg on my face, sorry
Then lay out the whole story. You put all your eggs on his decision and are now squirming it goes your way. If you truthfully had information, then why not explain it instead of hiding behind Kevins decision and following with a tremendous "I told ya" or never to be seen again. You have never been seen prior to this, so I guess we arent going to miss much.

I think cal got a wake up call if this all comes together #9 could be on the way

You are too much man . You "facts" have been proven wrong at every turn yet you stick to your story. I give you props at least you are dying with the lie as they say. LOL

Let us list the ways you already have been proven wrong shall we?

1. SGA put it off so he and Knox can announce together next monday - well except that Knox's dad said a decision will be announced by Friday. So how will they announce together when SGA is going to on Monday and Knox before then? Please explain your way out of that.

2. Knox made up his decision yesterday - well except Knox's dad has been on the record saying that have no idea what they are going to do and that last night they talked to Cal to get more of an understanding . Again please explain how that is possible? Does the knox family own a time machine ?

Here's what I'm thinking and this may be way off base.

Calipari would not have pitched Knox to come back if Kevin and his family had decided he was gonna enter the draft. He would've been happy for him and not tried to convince him otherwise. If I had to guess, I'd say Knox and his family are leaning towards Kevin coming back for a Sophomore year. Kevin told him this so Cal told him the benefits of coming back.

Then lay out the whole story. You put all your eggs on his decision and are now squirming it goes your way. If you truthfully had information, then why not explain it instead of hiding behind Kevins decision and following with a tremendous "I told ya" or never to be seen again. You have never been seen prior to this, so I guess we arent going to miss much.

No squirming here. You guys can keep hoping I don't know what I'm talking about, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

That's a nice change. And it's honest.
Change? How do we know Cal hasn't been saying this all along, every year? Just because it finally came out via a good source that he said this, doesn't mean he's not said the same things to other OADs in the past. And just because kids don't always return doesn't mean he hasn't been honest with them. We don't know everything Calipari says to kids behind closed doors, but we do know that Calipari is 100% honest with these kids, regardless of whatever option they elect to choose.

ADVERTISEMENT