ADVERTISEMENT

Cal on the road again

Cal has now visited Carey, Oscar and Wiseman right before they went on officials to other schools.

Wiseman with Memphis, Oscar with WVU and now Carey with duke.

Let’s see how this pans out.

part.gif

he ain’t taking any chances

he ain’t taking any chances

Well, you know K's plan. The whole Golden State offense crap was discussed this week for a reason. Also, a ton of Duke vids released this week via social media. Jason Tatum does a video discussing why he returns to Duke every chance he gets & how strong the brotherhood is etc. This is all a primer for this recruiting weekend. Several top players from different classes visiting.

I hope Carey develops a man-crush for Cal before going on Duke visit.

Well, you know K's plan. The whole Golden State offense crap was discussed this week for a reason. Also, a ton of Duke vids released this week via social media. Jason Tatum does a video discussing why he returns to Duke every chance he gets & how strong the brotherhood is etc. This is all a primer for this recruiting weekend. Several top players from different classes visiting.

I hope Carey develops a man-crush for Cal before going on Duke visit.

Maybe Tatum can talk about how K helped his stock to the point where a kid like Fultz and the baggage-laden Ball were both drafted ahead of him when he was the most talented player in that draft.

For a journalist, Corey could have worded it better. Makes it sound like Cal is visiting Duke this weekend. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

"For what it’s worth, KSR’s TJ Walker still thinks Kentucky has jumped into the lead for Carey:

"I feel better about UK’s chances than I ever have in the past and I’ve said in the past that I thought UK was the leader. That was a couple months ago, but I still think the Cats are the leader."

Walker goes on to say, “I think Carey ends up at Kentucky unless he’s persuaded on one of his other official visits.”

:popcorn:

Reactions: Cat in ga and Mr_GG
"For what it’s worth, KSR’s TJ Walker still thinks Kentucky has jumped into the lead for Carey:

"I feel better about UK’s chances than I ever have in the past and I’ve said in the past that I thought UK was the leader. That was a couple months ago, but I still think the Cats are the leader."

Walker goes on to say, “I think Carey ends up at Kentucky unless he’s persuaded on one of his other official visits.”

I like it, but we’ve also heard this before. Until it’s done, with a guy this talented, we can’t feel that good about it.

I think it's already been done and I can feel excited about it if I feel like it. [smoke]

https://usatodayhss.com/2016/the-p-j-washington-blog-heres-why-i-chose-kentucky-2

The P.J. Washington Blog: Here's why I chose Kentucky...

"That said, this decision was so hard!

I really loved North Carolina and Coach Roy (Williams) and Coach (Steve) Robinson put in a lot of work. Coach Roy put in more time than any other head coach coming out to see me and showing me that it’s really about family at UNC. Then I loved Coach Marvin (Menzies) at UNLV too, I was just so far down the road with the other two schools.

When it came down to my heart and my goals and what I really wanted it had to be Kentucky.

I think, in hindsight, after Big Blue Madness was when things really changed for me. Just seeing players like John Wall, Willie Cauley-Stein and DeMarcus Cousins come back and see what they’ve done already and see how the fans treated them was big. It’s nothing like I’ve ever seen before.

The feeling there is second to none. When you walk in and see the wall of players that Coach Cal has developed is just crazy!"

Reactions: UKCatnNC and MWes11

Don't forget, RJ Barrett was a LOCK to UK according to TJ Walker. Come to find out, UK finished 3rd behind Duke and Oregon.

Don't forget, RJ Barrett was a LOCK to UK according to TJ Walker. Come to find out, UK finished 3rd behind Duke and Oregon.

TJ Walker’s optimism is the kiss of death. So now that we know Carey isn’t an option, better pray Cal can get back on track with Stewart and Wiseman.

TJ Walker should run for Congress.

At least there, you can be wrong 80% of the time and the people will still vote for you.

Reactions: CatfanMike47

Persuaded or compensated?

So UK is missing out on Igiehon, Stewart and Tshiebwe, which means they’ll have to land 3 or 4 of Hurt, Wiseman, Carey and Mcdaniels? Sounds ideal putting all your eggs in one basket. If anyone can do it it’d be Cal but it seems like an uphill battle.

ADVERTISEMENT