ADVERTISEMENT

Cal on radio...

Blueathletics

Senior
Dec 21, 2007
Talking about the football team going to a bowl soon due to great recruiting

Camp Cal: weight training, individual workouts, went to movies together

Asked each guy what they thought about what they think they need to do to get better

What can I add to the team to elevate it

If we play bad and win, I'm mad....If we play great and lose I can handle it

We got 2 months to get better so go do it

break

Caller: keep platooning? Yes

Tough league this year...tough road games

We need tough games....teams that are not afraid of us

Ole Miss will mix it up...zone, press, etc.

Ole Miss is gonna shoot 25 3's....great offensive rebounding team...gonna be a war

Caller: You are doing a great job with academics...I think the caller is a tutor for the guys

Cal....acad support at UK is outstanding...not taking online courses...real classes...you can do it all at UK

Alex to be operated on tomorrow....rehab is painful but will be great for Alex in the end..

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
He is begging for teams not to be afraid of them.
laugh.r191677.gif

Caller: I heard that you apologized to the guards

I added something and it works and changed them so I apologized for not showing it to them earlier....The need me to teach them to get from pt a to pont b to point c....They trust that I am helping them get better, not running a system

Talking about Anthony, Tyreke, etc.

Caller: How do you keep the kids humble with all the notoriety/press they get? These guys have a genius: basketball and otherwise....These kids are selfless....We hold them to a high standard....$820mil in wealth excluding shoe, etc....Therefore they listen to Cal

Twitter question: How has offense improved with time off? Cal: Won't know until we play

Lou game we rebounded better....worked on defense to be more aggressive

Caller: What player has improved the most? Cal: They've all gotten better especially the vets....Tyler and Devin and Trey improved the most....Karl is really gonna grow over the next 3 weeks....They're all great kids

I don't platoon to be a genius...I gotta get these guys minutes because they deserve them...Not gonna give Poy's minutes to Willis or Hawk unless they prove they belong out there

Caller: You're greatest coach in America....Can we practice matchup zone? Can we use glass better?

Cal: we are working on bank shots with Willie and Marcus....We lead the nation in so many categories..why play zone? We used it against UConn which got us back in the game....I'm having fun every day....No bad practices just like 2012 team...2013 team had few GOOD practices.....Trying to have 10 really good players

Caller: We are Hawk and Willis fans....Have you lost faith in their games?

Cal: No..both have gotten way better...This isn't communism...both are trying to work their way into minutes...who you gonna take the minutes from? Both have really improved but just on a very good team

Cal: I never talk to parents about basketball

I have followed Cal closely since he arrived at Kentucky and I have to say he raves about this team like no other. I honestly believe this is Cals favorite team he has ever coached, not just as UK but in his career.

Caller: How do you compare 2012 team to now?

Cal: We played 6 players then...9 now...that team was better offensively....We want to get better and keep guys from getting complacent

That's it..

ADVERTISEMENT