ADVERTISEMENT

Cal on Keldon Johnson

Johnson is a player. Not many with his combination of length, athleticism, skills and a dig mentality

Reactions: ukfan041
Johnson runs his mouth- but he backs it up like Wall did so I don’t have a problem with it. I prefer a team with an edge and Cal does too. I said a month ago he hasn’t had a team he truly loves since Wall, Cousins and company. 2012 and 2015 were awesome but they didn’t have that true chip on the shoulder and looking for a fight mentality Cal loves.

Reactions: ukfan041
I get so excited to FINALLY see a SF that can go coast to coast like MKG did(not as good).

But when he makes those three, I'm going holy **** he's going to be good.

Seeing all these basketball players on the court is just fun to watch.

I get so excited to FINALLY see a SF that can go coast to coast like MKG did(not as good).

I have to agree with the last statement. There hasn’t been this many pure “basketball” players on a UK team in a while.

Johnson runs his mouth- but he backs it up like Wall did so I don’t have a problem with it. I prefer a team with an edge and Cal does too. I said a month ago he hasn’t had a team he truly loves since Wall, Cousins and company. 2012 and 2015 were awesome but they didn’t have that true chip on the shoulder and looking for a fight mentality Cal loves.

I disagree about 2012. They had that chip too, especially MKG. They are his Fave, IMO. That's the team he is always comparing others too when he talks about being a dog and fighting. That team, 2012, is what he compares all others too.

Last edited:
I disagree about 2012. They had that chip too, especially MKG. They are his Fave, IMO. That's the team he is always comparing other too when he talks about being a dog and fighting. That team, 2012, is what he compares all others too.
Well, in all fairness they did win him a title so naturally he’s going to compare them to any other team

Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
Well, in all fairness they did win him a title so naturally he’s going to compare them to any other team

They sure did! Remember it well.......

"The Superior team all season long was the superior team tonight......and the Kentucky coronation is complete. Champions.......2012!"

Still brings a tear to my eye.

Last edited:

Johnson can be a better player the MKG. MKG was just so woeful on offense for the most part in terms of being an elite player. Johnson is easily one of the 10 most talented players Cal has had at UK . He is the best player on this team in terms of pure talent. He , EJ , and Herro in that order IMO .

Johnson can be a better player the MKG. MKG was just so woeful on offense for the most part in terms of being an elite player. Johnson is easily one of the 10 most talented players Cal has had at UK . He is the best player on this team in terms of pure talent. He , EJ , and Herro in that order IMO .

He was not “so woeful” on offense. He was a crappy jump shooter, that’s it. He was a good slasher and finisher, and he was unstoppable in transition. That’s such a dumb statement.

I don't think I'd say MKG was woeful on the offensive end, just shooting the ball. There are many offensive aspects that he excelled at. He was aggressive, good slasher, good finisher, good passer, good in transition. His shot was just jacked all up.

MKG was a woeful shooter with an advanced handle, awareness, above average vision and passer, elite athleticism, and one of the best finishers if not the best ever at UK....so he wasn't woeful on offense necessarily he just couldn't shoot.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I don't know what his draft status is now, but if KJ keeps improving he will find his way to the lottery.

Already hyping him up for June

He will be a fan favorite. Love the way he plays. Like how close him and Herro are.

This team will go down as probably the most dislikable under Calipari. They will be very easy to hate. By opponents fan bases anyway. It will be glorious for us to watch.

This is a compliment for anyone about to jump me.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT