ADVERTISEMENT

Cal on hami

Cal, you do bench your son, with the exception of injuries or clean up minutes!
Why? Because he is a detriment to the team at this point. Hasn't a damn thing to do with not caring for a player, or being your son. Strawman argument. Sorry, but Cal tweets some stupid sh@t sometimes. Sorry, but us fans are allowed to have an opinion.

I agree with Cal in the case of most players. I honestly think it could be a wake up call to not start Diallo. Vanderbilt needs to start and play big minutes. He can do everything Hami can do from the guard position and adds rebounding, defense and toughness. He's the energizer for this team. Would help us to get off to better starts. Bring Diallo in for tired players. If he is on that day leave him in. Cal seems to sub at times like he's on a schedule. Case in point was Richards started off well yesterday and Cal pulled him fairly early and didn't play him much more in the first half. Hami's draft chances I think at this point are on hold. He's been exposed. He has the athletic ability to make it but he's not a basketball player.... Yet.

Reactions: wildcatfan-2-
Some of y’all are absurd. Do you guys not realize we’re gonna need him come tournament time. We are not making a deep run without him. He gives all the effort in the world, he’s just struggling right now.

Some of y’all are absurd. Do you guys not realize we’re gonna need him come tournament time. We are not making a deep run without him. He gives all the effort in the world, he’s just struggling right now.

no I actually don't realize that. I believe what you are saying is we are going to need a player like Diallo who plays like we all want Diallo to play, not the Diallo we have been watching for the past 10 or more games.

We need a guy who plays smart basketball, plays within himself and helps other teammates. That player would help us make a run in the tourney.

I won't argue we won't go far in the tourney without a player like that.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet

I’m the one that’s buying time for guys which may be costing us some games, but I’m going to continue to do it.
I told you when I walked in the door, this is going to be about the players first, and I’m trying to stay that course.”
-----------------------------------

He won't of course , but I'd like for Mitch to remind Cal that first and foremost his job is win games for the University of Kentucky.

And before anyone tells me this is some next level ish that Cal is doing to reach out to recruits next year and compete with Duke, I don't give a damn.

Actually during your introduction as head coach you said "If you can't play, come and see me because if you can't play, I can't hide you. If you can play, its heaven, if you can't, its hard to play. The key to winning games in the NCAA championship, and this is to all coaches out there , the first thing is have really good players, the second thing is, have really good players, and the third thing is, have really good players. I would love to get the best players in Kentucky to come here and play, no question about it, I would love to get those guys"......

Does anyone have a link to the post game comments Cal made about Diallo. I found Cals post game show on you tube, but it was when he was talking about Diallo.

What about the kids that don’t get to play are they orphans? Do we play kids now because they are someone’s son?? That’s a weird comment. If he can’t help you win you don’t play him. He sure as hell didn’t mind saying it when Wiltjer was here and he was twice the player Hami is because he could give us something. What exactly Does Hami give us??

Reminds me of when some of the rich kid's parents at my high school came to watch their sons play during our practice sessions. During the game, our coach felt obligated to play them; even start one that wasn't that good. It made the rest of us players feel bad, and it costed us several games...

The role of coach first and foremost is to win games for the University - this is the *only* tangible net result of his coaching responsibility

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT