ADVERTISEMENT

Cal on hami

I've always felt Cal takes a longer vision than us fans when it comes to players.

We live game by game and if a player absolutely stinks and costing us games, we wonder why the hell hasn't Cal benched him.

But honestly..........if we are going to make a run in the tournament, Hami is going to be a part of that run. Plain and simple.

He has to get going and I don't believe it's from the bench.

VERY disturbing comment. Not even high school coaches talk about parents. If you’re coaching concerned about parents well that isn’t a good place to be. Don’t like he comments on this one bit. It’s college, they are men. You think professor cares about parents? My parents sent me off to college and left me alone with my coaches and professors. These guys aren’t babies my gosh!

I haven't coached a day in my life so I trust Cal on who he does/doesn't play. He forgot more about basketball then most of us know.

Reactions: Cindog28
So we've succumbed to the parents coaching Cal rather than Cal coaching their kid. When we're 38-0 is easy to ignore these comments by Cal but when we are on the bubble, it's bothersome.

What about SKJ's parents? I personally get a little tired of this "coach speak" from Cal.

I love Cal but this is nothing more than coach speak. There's a lot of sons on that bench who would love to have as many opportunities as Hami has been given. Still, we will need him if we are to make a run. A tad bit shorter leash is all I'm asking for.

What about the kids that don’t get to play are they orphans? Do we play kids now because they are someone’s son?? That’s a weird comment. If he can’t help you win you don’t play him. He sure as hell didn’t mind saying it when Wiltjer was here and he was twice the player Hami is because he could give us something. What exactly Does Hami give us??

That's absurd logic. Everybody is somebody's son, so we shouldn't bench anyone?

And taking someone out of the starting lineup is not giving up on him. Diallo would still be getting plenty of playing time if he was a 6th or 7th man instead of a starter.

And, you know, Green is also somebody's son. Doesn't he deserve to be rewarded for his quality play with a starting spot that he has earned?

Last edited:
Hey Diallo actually fought pretty hard. Only had 1 turnover and fought to keep several balls alive that helped us. One of the few games lately where I couldn't say that he hurt us so I think people need to see that he has made some progress. SKJ on the other hand wasn't watching and got beat backdoor again.

Reactions: awf and Dallas-Wild
After that quote he said something along the lines of “we also have to win the game, we have to have you playing at a high level and if you’re not at that level I’m gonna cut your minutes.”
Well, we have four games left before postseason starts. We'll see how it plays out.

I don’t understand the need for the comment. I don’t know 1 person who says give up on Hami but what about SKJ? I would not fault SKJ one bit for leaving if he did.

Fact is right now, Hami is not producing on offense or defense. For someone who has a huge vertical, he seems to even struggle using that right now. I hope he gets it going because he should be one of our best players but right now he just isn’t. It shouldn’t matter at this level about Hami being someone’s son.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyFaninNC
I thought it was a good quote yall are taking this way to far. Cal said he has been working his ass off in practice. He deserves to play and get out of this funk. He was our best player in November and December.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
ADVERTISEMENT