ADVERTISEMENT

Cal is still KING!

Louis_Skunt

Senior
Oct 4, 2013
A few bad years means nothing. I recall Duke wanting Coach K to quit before he went on a run. UL wanted Pitino gone in 2010. UConn wanted Calhoun gone before he won another title.

And who do you want to replace Cal? Oates, a man who allows his murderous player to remain on the squad and has never been past an elite 8? Musselman? That douche who rips his shirt off in the 2nd round and who we beat on senior day? Painter, that just got creamed by some circus kids?

Anyone know another coach who's taken 3 different teams to the final four? Just Pitino. Pretty dumb to say he cant coach.

Hilarious this "Cal needs to adjust to the times" thoughts. Cats were great last year, just had a terrible loss to Saint Peters, just like Virginia, Duke, and Purdue (with a POY) has recently done. Cats sucked this year, but dont forget we were solid last year prior to that upset, and we were great during Covid year when it got canceled...Vegas had us 2nd favorite to win the title.

Bottom line-- Calipari spoiled you, because there wasn't this many upset people when we had worthless Tubby sitting on 1 final four and no hope. We've seen glory and dominance just a few years ago.

Cats have an incredible class coming in next year, that should quiet you bridge jumpers for at least a season.

Bring on the debbie downers..

A few bad years means nothing. I recall Duke wanting Coach K to quit before he went on a run. UL wanted Pitino gone in 2010. UConn wanted Calhoun gone before he won another title.

And who do you want to replace Cal? Oates, a man who allows his murderous player to remain on the squad and has never been past an elite 8? Musselman? That douche who rips his shirt off in the 2nd round and who we beat on senior day? Painter, that just got creamed by some circus kids?

Anyone know another coach who's taken 3 different teams to the final four? Just Pitino. Pretty dumb to say he cant coach.

Hilarious this "Cal needs to adjust to the times" thoughts. Cats were great last year, just had a terrible loss to Saint Peters, just like Virginia, Duke, and Purdue (with a POY) has recently done. Cats sucked this year, but dont forget we were solid last year prior to that upset, and we were great during Covid year when it got canceled...Vegas had us 2nd favorite to win the title.

Bottom line-- Calipari spoiled you, because there wasn't this many upset people when we had worthless Tubby sitting on 1 final four and no hope. We've seen glory and dominance just a few years ago.

Cats have an incredible class coming in next year, that should quiet you bridge jumpers for at least a season.

Imagine taking the time out of your day to suspend reality long enough to type that lol

Yes keep burying your head in the sand and denying reality….
do-ostriches-bury-their-heads-in-the-sand.jpg

Just curious- Do you guys who go batchit crazy after a loss know youre way too involved and should step back bit? Or do you think being this obsessed is normal?

Reactions: Elliott Tim
The Nate Oates not getting past the E8 is the most overused meaningless thing said on here.

He’s been in 2 complete tournaments since being at a P5 program that wasn’t even a tournament team when he took them over. In that time they are now a consistent top 10 team. This is his 3rd tournament. So he hasn’t made an Elite 8 in 2 tries….oh the humanity

Why still believe in something that is clearly well pass it’s expiration date. CCC expired in 2019, the game has passed him by and he will never change.

The Nate Oates not getting past the E8 is the most overused meaningless thing said on here.

He’s been in 2 complete tournaments since being at a P5 program that wasn’t even a tournament team when he took them over. In that time they are now a consistent top 10 team. This is his 3rd tournament. So he hasn’t made an Elite 8 in 2 tries….oh the humanity
And the best part is- if any of his kids rape, murder, or rob someone, they can remain a starter..

This from a guy like you still filled with Tubby hate and mad when UK honored him.
I dont hate Tubby, i just think he's a below average coach for a Div-1 program. I would think Minnesota, Texas Tech, Memphis and High point fans would agree.

We had “glory and dominance just a few years ago”, meanwhile we’ve won ONE NCAA tournament game in the past 3 years, haven’t been to the Final Four since 2015, and are stuck in the middle of the longest streak in program history without a 1 seed in an NCAA tournament.

Goodness gracious this guy can’t be for real

No offense but I’ll take a former UK National Champions opinion over some fanboy. Hope you understand.

E99108-B1-9-C45-4190-8-CF3-81-B7390-D3172.jpg

We had “glory and dominance just a few years ago”, meanwhile we’ve won ONE NCAA tournament game in the past 3 years, haven’t been to the Final Four since 2015, and are stuck in the middle of the longest streak in program history without a 1 seed in an NCAA tournament.

Goodness gracious this guy can’t be for real
Oh my gosh....not since 2015? Ridiculous!

No offense but I’ll take a former UK National Champions opinion over some fanboy. Hope you understand.

E99108-B1-9-C45-4190-8-CF3-81-B7390-D3172.jpg
If thats the way you feel, than why not take the opinion of other 99% that believe he's a great coach? Maybe cause it doesn't fit your irrational beliefs?

I have always agreed with you on Tubby . Our current version of Cal is just Like him . Maybe worse.
Not true. When Tubby made the tourney we knew we weren't getting out of the first weekend. With Cal, you and many other probably wont admit it, but we wouldn't be surprised if we made the Final Four ANY YEAR.

• Haha
Reactions: MbergCat
I dont hate Tubby, i just think he's a below average coach for a Div-1 program. I would think Minnesota, Texas Tech, Memphis and High point fans would agree.
Yet literally ANY time he is mentioned on this board you chime in with your usual “Tubby sucks” nonsense. You have a Tubby Smith hate obsession second to none on this board.

Just curious- Do you guys who go batchit crazy after a loss know youre way too involved and should step back bit? Or do you think being this obsessed is normal?
So after next year is a complete debacle, are you going to have a similar post or finally see the light? Anyone that says cal can still coach does not watch the full slate of a KY season and if they do and still have that opinion then they are a complete moron when it comes to basketball.

Reactions: dl51344 and YardCat
Not true. When Tubby made the tourney we knew we weren't getting out of the first weekend. With Cal, you and many other probably wont admit it, but we wouldn't be surprised if we made the Final Four ANY YEAR.
2 things: 1.) Tubby made the tournament every year, so there was no “when he made the tournament.”

2.) 5 out of 9 years we did in fact make it past the first weekend with Tubby, more than half the time

So while I do agree, it was time for tubby to move on … you don’t get to just keep saying stuff that’s wrong. It doesn’t matter how loud you say something if it’s not true, it’s still not true

See , you lose credibility with statements like this. For one , no I don’t believe Calipari will EVER make another final four
( where is WWW anyway) and two , Tubby made it out of the first weekend more often than not . But I realize you’re just stirring stuff this morning. Carry on .

Here is what I believe. Nobody performing at the level the head basketball coach has the last few years should be making $10M a year.
Are you paying his salary? I never understood this argument. Do you complain about actors getting paid millions for a terrible movie?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT