ADVERTISEMENT

Cal in post-game presser: "I don't have the answers".

Calipari knows how upset fans are with him, I'm sure he was being a smartass because he knows how much it will upset us.

Reactions: willievic
I wish he would just leave.

The job has clearly gotten the better of him. He looks terrible, 35 lbs overweight, is morphing into a low- T version of Huggy Bear before our very eyes.

It was a pretty good run, not so much the past few seasons.
Yes....just leave....just go away. I'm tired of his worn put quotes. His empty speeches. His schtick is done. You can't beat Ole Miss and Georgia. You don't deserve the UK job.

Guys- there are no answers. Wait until next season. This roster is so bad. Awful. Excruciating to watch this team.

The players-first, OAD culture is a disaster. Cal “flew too close to the sun” and is paying dearly.

I’m blown away that Cal has let UK get to this point. This team is pathetic.

Sometimes people do have to hit rock bottom before they accept cold hard difficult truth . I wish Coach would somehow find happiness again. Whats he's doing now reminds of an addict that cant stop . Just trapped in misery. He needs a change of scenery . Best for him , Best for UK . Hope he accepts that . Or shocks the world ( and me ) and gets back to the coach he was 10 years ago. NOT 5 .. you are not beating people by out talenting them these days .. you have to work for it in a different way now . The old way .

Last edited:
at this point would anyone believe he had the answers if he said so?

its an overused cliche' but the definition of insanity fits here. He just keeps trying to force the same thing every game in the hopes that the outcome is different.

His recruiting strategy has screwed this program for at least 2 years and that's *IF* he actually gives a damn and tries to change it up.

Our PG might as well be playing for the opposing team in the last 2 games. He's helped them more than Kentucky.

Ultimately this comes down to coaching and it's both the head coach and the assistants. IMO this current staff can't evaluate talent if they thought this group were big time recruits and especially Askew. There is not one player on this team that would start on most of our teams from 2010-2018 seasons. The assistants also are usually the ones working one on one with the kids and none of them have improved over the season with the exception of Toppin and maybe Jackson. Now all of this falls back to Cal because he needs to realize that he is only as good as his support staff and they are letting him down. He needs to quit hiring his former players and bring in quality assistant coaches who can evaluate talent and develop them when they get on campus. If not he is no different than Tubby was at the end.

$9 million/year and he can't figure out how to win with a team HE put together?

What a PISS POUR response to this crappy season.

Does this mean Cal is ADMITTING he can't get the job done anymore?
Ask Joe B Coach. He had the answer. He put their asses on the bench to start the second half against Florida State in 1978...a big reason we won the championship. It's called "tough love."

This team has two games (losses) left in the season. There is no magic pill or fix for this..

The answer is really simple. Every player on the team other than Mintz and Jackson have vastly underperformed compared to what everyone thought they would be. Additionally, the three "stars" of Boston, Clarke and Sarr have been dreadful.

A lot of this is on Cal but there is nobody who would have predicted that all of those guys would be this bad.

This team has two games (losses) left in the season. There is no magic pill or fix for this..

The answer is really simple. Every player on the team other than Mintz and Jackson have vastly underperformed compared to what everyone thought they would be. Additionally, the three "stars" of Boston, Clarke and Sarr have been dreadful.

A lot of this is on Cal but there is nobody who would have predicted that all of those guys would be this bad.

Some of us said he was playing with fire. What happens when the entire new squad doesn't mesh? However, even the darkest predictions were 8/9 seed season or NIT, nothing like this.

Our best hope is that this season hits his ego so much that it lights a fire under Cal’s ass and he comes back hungrier than ever (no pun intended) next season for a 30 plus win season and a title. Of course he still needs a great recruiting class or enough returning players to do so and that’s always a big IF.

I just want to apologize. After the Tenn win (and the other SEC games that weekend) I truly thought that things were coming together and UK had as good a chance as any to win the SECT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT