ADVERTISEMENT

Cal: "I didn't hear balls bouncing in the gym"

Wow, Cal complimenting on their work ethic...

this must be the first time. Has this ever happened before?

Reactions: Jkwo
When I left for college, I didn't go back home for four years!

I bet these dudes aren't home with mommy. They're shacked up somewhere with some new college booty....

Those damn one and dones already getting lazy and cashing in on those millions in their heads.

I bet they are working out at home in their old gyms. Proudly wearing their UK Bball gear!

I don't think most people fully appreciate just how hard these kids work.

Fans that act like a player hasn't worked on his shot or his handle or whatever have no clue what goes on behind the scenes to ever even dream of playing somewhere like here. That doesn't stop when they arrive and the NBA is looming.

But when it reaches an even higher level, and they start trying to outwork each other, and work together, and push each other in regular practices, that's when a team becomes great.

Last year we saw things turn around when SGA started dragging guys with him. This year we're doing it from the start and it's coming from multiple players.

When I left for college, I didn't go back home for four years!

I bet these dudes aren't home with mommy. They're shacked up somewhere with some new college booty....
Inquiring minds want to know.......would've you been welcome? Or did it take your parents four years to get over your teenager yrs.......?

Fans that act like a player hasn't worked on his shot or his handle or whatever have no clue what goes on behind the scenes to ever even dream of playing somewhere like here. That doesn't stop when they arrive and the NBA is looming.

But when it reaches an even higher level, and they start trying to outwork each other, and work together, and push each other in regular practices, that's when a team becomes great.

Last year we saw things turn around when SGA started dragging guys with him. This year we're doing it from the start and it's coming from multiple players.
Seems like there isn't much dragging going on....I think the second yr players now have a better idea of how much work it takes. This year it is leading by example as shown by Green getting into the gym after the first game......his team mates knew he was trying and to see him put more effort into getting better had to be inspiring for the younger guys. I am a 100% sure that Green's first game problems were not because he hadn't practiced hard enough.....It has been a while since I have been this stoked........

What's Brad's excuse? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
giphy.gif

Seems like there isn't much dragging going on....I think the second yr players now have a better idea of how much work it takes. This year it is leading by example as shown by Green getting into the gym after the first game......his team mates knew he was trying and to see him put more effort into getting better had to be inspiring for the younger guys. I am a 100% sure that Green's first game problems were not because he hadn't practiced hard enough.....It has been a while since I have been this stoked........

Beginning to think Quade shot poorly in game 1 on purpose. When he came back in game 2 after the midnight shooting, he was money. Freshman then decide to work harder and follow his example, even if it was fake. That’s outplaying the players, fellas

Reactions: awf

If anyone saw the halftime interview Greenberg did with the freshman this year, they should realize just how hard they do work and what a shock it is for these kids at first and how they have to adjust to it.

Reactions: uky8unc5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT