ADVERTISEMENT

Cal commenting on Hagans

When you hear everyone describe him as a player who can impact the game without scoring, who competes every possession, who makes everyone around him better, who leads, and who defends as soon as the ball is in play, it's impossible to not be excited.

He's also a kid who wants to be coached and pushed and who chose Kentucky because we had guys like IQ and Keldon that are also dogs like him.

Just everything you want from a mental and personality standpoint. Perfect for a talented deep team.

I have to say that this is the most excited I’ve been about our chances since “15.

If Montgomery is the real deal, and we land Travis, it could be good night Irene.
GlossyGlitteringElver-max-1mb.gif

I think Hagans being on this team will push Quade to step up and play some good solid ball this year.

You don't think SGA might have had that same impact? People forget that Green got injured which stopped his continued growth.

We are heavily guard oriented and Travis now is definitely the most important end piece to the puzzle. Hope he does commit.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
What I see is how could Travis not be very excited about being a part of this team now? If he doesn't commit soon after his visit I will be very surprised and disappointed. He has an opportunity to be part of something way special.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
So this should be Cals best team since 38-1. Add Reid Travis and anything short of a F4 is a failure
I tend to look at things differently. Instead of projecting what would be a failure if it didn’t happen, I am extremely excited at the possibilities considering they could play the regional in Louisville. The summer trip to the Bahamas is exactly what this team needs to hit the ground running and beat Duke’s candyass in the first game. Other epic games against UNC and Kansas in addition to matchups against Utah, Seton Hall and UL, there are very few dull moments before the SEC conference. Exciting times.

I have to say that this is the most excited I’ve been about our chances since “15.

If Montgomery is the real deal, and we land Travis, it could be good night Irene.
GlossyGlitteringElver-max-1mb.gif
They are going to be very good without Travis. If UK adds that young man, this is going to be an epic season from day one.

I tend to look at things differently. Instead of projecting what would be a failure if it didn’t happen, I am extremely excited at the possibilities considering they could play the regional in Louisville. The summer trip to the Bahamas is exactly what this team needs to hit the ground running and beat Duke’s candyass in the first game. Other epic games against UNC and Kansas in addition to matchups against Utah, Seton Hall and UL, there are very few dull moments before the SEC conference. Exciting times.
Forsure I love the regular season. Just going to need for us to cash in with that roster. There's literally no excuses. Can't blame lack of shooting/post/ experience (if we get Reid). All the boxes are checked this upcoming year, time to produce

Makes two of us. Travis puts this team over the edge to title favorites. The battles against Duke, UNC and Kansas are going to lay the foundation to a March run.
It’s going to be a fun year for sure. The schedule is brutal, and the SEC is really going to be a test as well.
One thing is for sure, this team will be very battle tested entering the post season, and that’s a good thing.

Forsure I love the regular season. Just going to need for us to cash in with that roster. There's literally no excuses. Can't blame lack of shooting/post/ experience (if we get Reid). All the boxes are checked this upcoming year, time to produce
When Cal has the team take a summer trip, they have made the final four. That isn’t a coincidence.

It’s going to be a fun year for sure. The schedule is brutal, and the SEC is really going to be a test as well.
One thing is for sure, this team will be very battle tested entering the post season, and that’s a good thing.
The schedule is brutal but considering the roster, I’m glad it is. How many teams play the level of Duke, UNC, Kansas, Seton Hall and Utah and throw in a road game at UL in their non conference schedule? Very few, if any. Then a brutal SEC slate. Those bastards better reward us in March for that schedule.

The schedule is brutal but considering the roster, I’m glad it is. How many teams play the level of Duke, UNC, Kansas, Seton Hall and Utah and throw in a road game at UL in their non conference schedule? Very few, if any. Then a brutal SEC slate. Those bastards better reward us in March for that schedule.
We definitely have the roster to handle the schedule. There will be some losses, but our seeding should be rewarded for the SOS.

Reactions: crpoore
We definitely have the roster to handle the schedule. There will be some losses, but our seeding should be rewarded for the SOS.
I’m not one to usually post ultimatums, but UK has to beat Kansas at Rupp this year. We can’t lose to those idiots two straight times at Rupp. That would be unacceptable.

It is about time UK get's some home court advantage too. Is this the season? Yeah, ...right...

Reactions: irishcat1965
I think he is a pure PG in terms of passing and defending which are very important. Plus he has the athleticism and quickness as well. Really anxious to see him play.

So this should be Cals best team since 38-1. Add Reid Travis and anything short of a F4 is a failure
Lighten up Francis. Entitled much? Just try to enjoy the process and journey a little bit. Let's stay healthy and watch them develop into a great team

I completely agree about that first part. I used to think like that though, that if we had a team like this we had to at least get to the final four. Now I look at it more like Wow I can't wait to see what kind of ride this team is going to take me on. It's a much better outlook.

I’m not one to usually post ultimatums, but UK has to beat Kansas at Rupp this year. We can’t lose to those idiots two straight times at Rupp. That would be unacceptable.

I have been screaming mad over Cal allowing Kansas to hand us our ass. One thing I do not like is the way people make excuses for this. No excuse in UK getting whipped by Kansas like this.

I have been screaming mad over Cal allowing Kansas to hand us our ass. One thing I do not like is the way people make excuses for this. No excuse in UK getting whipped by Kansas like this.
I can accept losses in Lawrence. In fact, that game with Ulis and Murray was an absolute joke because of the refs. But if they were to lose this year in Rupp, that’s two straight in Rupp. That would be tough to swallow for the fanbase.

ADVERTISEMENT