ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Calls Out Officials

I wish Cal had taken it a a step or two more but what he said was true.The fact that we had a chance to win was nothing short of amazing.I posted the exact same comment to a friend on facebook with about 8 minutes left in the game.

I am so proud of this team,they deserved a fair shake and they never got it.I hope that one of the remaining teams send UNC home without a title,maybe some of their academic sins will catch up with them one of these days.

I know we fans didn't pay with our blood and sweat like the players but I also hope that at some point they understand that so many share their emotion and hurt right along with them.

It would be a great thing to know or understand why programs like UNC,Duke and KU get the favorable treatment that they do. It seems that most of the world hates us when it comes to basketball,but so be it if that is the case.I'm proud to be a Kentucky fan and that isn't going to change

Well, that would make you and me feel better. And Cal. And I'm sure he'd gladly pay the fine. There's a problem. That would be - by near consensus - viewed as making an excuse or in some way not giving Carolina credit. And he likes Roy too much for that. Even if it's true, people wouldn't care. He'd get trashed in the media, and even people who thought we got hosed by the officials would forget about the officials and agree Cal is whining and why can't he just give Carolina credit for winning and boy it's terrible the way he's whining. In the end you wouldn't have achieved anything, you'd just make Carolina sympathetic and would have given the refs cover for a lousy performance.
You don't have to do it that way, but if you don't do something it will never change. I say shine a light on them like cockroaches. If we have Higgins or any ref who screws us routinely, build up the intensity during the next game and pick an important blown call to meltdown. Get ejected, do the same next time if the same ref is doing it again. It will become an issue people are looking for. It will create such a known issue that the NCAA or SEC would have to think about ever putting that ref in our game again. If it ever played out like that and he was used in another game, can you imagine the fallout if bad call after bad call happened again? It's the only way to deal with the arrogance of Higgins.

You don't have to do it that way, but if you don't do something it will never change. I say shine a light on them like cockroaches. If we have Higgins or any ref who screws us routinely, build up the intensity during the next game and pick an important blown call to meltdown. Get ejected, do the same next time if the same ref is doing it again. It will become an issue people are looking for. It will create such a known issue that the NCAA or SEC would have to think about ever putting that ref in our game again. If it ever played out like that and he was used in another game, can you imagine the fallout if bad call after bad call happened again? It's the only way to deal with the arrogance of Higgins.
I get what you are saying but I don't believe it would work in Cal's case,he is disliked more than UK(and that is saying a mouth full) all it would do is cost us games

I get what you are saying but I don't believe it would work in Cal's case,he is disliked more than UK(and that is saying a mouth full) all it would do is cost us games
Only a couple if we lost at all. The pointer is to force people to see bias. Any ref who appears biased couldn't be used. Either that or apply some vaseline liberally to our backsides because it will continue.

Talking to a friend: if we lose, we lose, but just call the damn game right. Some of these f***ing refs, with their personal grudges and wanting to be TV stars...

And if you think it's us UK fans "crying", check the board last year after we got beat by Indiana. It sucked, but we admitted they beat us.

So just call the damn games right guys

meh what does it really do?

I mean maybe it makes the fans happy I dunno.

It doesn't change the outcome and calling them out can't help us going forward either.

I feel it makes the officials have accountability and draws attention to the plays in which they get totally wrong like "goaltending" and what not.

He's been far too gracious for far too long. It's gotten to the point where if the calls are 65-36 against us I consider that a win because often it's 80-20. It's amazing how the NCAA protects these inferior programs like Duke/UNC. Almost like they don't realize UK is the sport of college basketball. The flagship program, most successful program ever- you'd think that would buy you a few calls here and there, but instead it seems to work against us (or maybe the refs just hate Cal, who knows).

I hate to say this but we went up five, the refs at that point had no say in us going 4 min after that without a field goal. We should have drove the ball went to the free throw line and won it going away we had momentum. But Humphreys as well as he played decided he wanted to heat check and we'll you know the rest.

Reactions: yankeekam
I hate to say this but we went up five, the refs at that point had no say in us going 4 min after that without a field goal. We should have drove the ball went to the free throw line and won it going away we had momentum. But Humphreys as well as he played decided he wanted to heat check and we'll you know the rest.

Spell the players name right. He's been here 2 years and you can't even get close. Lord. Secondly, he was open, and he just short armed it. Kid carried us in the second half and you wanna pick on the one shot he missed.

Reactions: plumdog69
One thing I know for sure, if officials were forced to speak with players, coaches and media, these types of issues would eventually go away. I think you would be amazed at how much corruption is actually going on with officials

The thing is refs get these games because they were given high ratings in their previously officiated games. So Cal calling out Higgins IMO won't do anything when they have evidence that to them he's actually a good ref.

And who knows........maybe in all his non UK games that's the case. He clearly doesn't like Cal tho

All the non calls were atrocious, but UK actually had 4 pts taken off the scoreboard (tip in and offensive goal tend) that ultimately decided the game. And UNC gets a continuation bucket on Willis' foul. That should have been before the shot on the fake. So that's 6 points. YES...Ref's can make a difference.

All the non calls were atrocious, but UK actually had 4 pts taken off the scoreboard (tip in and offensive goal tend) that ultimately decided the game. And UNC gets a continuation bucket on Willis' foul. That should have been before the shot on the fake. So that's 6 points. YES...Ref's can make a difference.
Hawkins didn't get a continuation call(if the Willis "foul" was worthy of one so was Hawkins) and the dunk where the UNC player pulled down the rim before the ball went in should have been waived off.Now we are up to 10 points,it is a whole different game.

There are other examples in the first half but these have points directly attached to the call.

Calling out the officials is a fine. Anybody here want to tell Cal they will pay it?

A coach said a few years ago in the pc that he wasn't allowed to comment on bad officiating and was hit with a fine.

Reactions: LeonThe Camel
I understand the emotion, but it is simply insane to think calling out an official is beneficial.

All it is going to do is make other officials angry and rally to protect their own.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
how about the fact that berry pushed off every single time.... how is that legal?

Traveled a bunch too. Said to my husband there must be a different set of rules for Joel Berry than any other guard in the country. UNC would have probably lost to Arkansas if his obvious 5 step travel had been called.

Spell the players name right. He's been here 2 years and you can't even get close. Lord. Secondly, he was open, and he just short armed it. Kid carried us in the second half and you wanna pick on the one shot he missed.
You can get pissed all you want, you correcting me on miss spelling name's is not going to give us the win. But like you said he was instrumental keeping us in the game, I still say he was heat checking and after the lead we should have drove to the rack and won it from the line..My opinion and like I said before regardless of what you I or others say we still going to have to wait till next year and since you called me out,. the sooner you understand the better, either we can move on together or get upset with each other's opinions... I take the high road. LOVE your passion but let's keep internal problems in the family. I love all my wildcat brothers and sisters. Thanks

Traveled a bunch too. Said to my husband there must be a different set of rules for Joel Berry than any other guard in the country. UNC would have probably lost to Arkansas if his obvious 5 step travel had been called.
Anybody with a beard gets to play by different rules:D

Imagine if someone tracked your IP address from here and posted where you live, where you work, where you worship, etc over you posting this.

I hate Higgins as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to stoop to this level.
Higgins deserves some celebrity. And all that entails. He's crooked as all get out and should be under the microscope.

ADVERTISEMENT