ADVERTISEMENT

Cade Mays

TuckyFB

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2016
Transferring from Georgia and his family is suing Georgia as well because his father got part of his pinky finger amputated because it got caught in a folding chair at a UGA event... I think it's just a scam to get immediate eligibility.

On one hand ( ;) ), the lawsuit might help the transfer (????), but on the other it could make potential schools wary of recruiting a future lawsuit.
Georgia should fight the transfer waiver and the lawsuit! Seems like now that Georgia is swimming with the sharks in recruiting they are having multiple high profile transfers!

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Georgia should fight the transfer waiver and the lawsuit! Seems like now that Georgia is swimming with the sharks in recruiting they are having multiple high profile transfers!
Hopefully GA refuses to release Mays until the frivolous suit is dropped. Courts don't have time for such folly, if the dumb ass doesn't know how to unfold/fold a chair that's on him.

I will say one thing about the law suit. The suit was filed on 12-5-19. This was a little less than 2 years after the incident. I don't know the law in Georgia, but most states have a 2 year statute of limitations meaning that Mr. Mays had 2 years from the date of incident to either (1) settle a possible claim (2) file a law suit to keep the statute of limitations open or (3) let the matter go and let the statute of recovery run.

However, since Cade Mays has hired the same attorney as Justin Fields (Mars) and he is "very confident" that Cade won't have to sit out next year, I'm sure that the law suit will factor in.

Does this mean that the Tennessee people will quit cussing Cade Mays out and calling him the biggest traitor in the US? He was "dead" to them after a video surfaced where Cade, during his recruiting days. stated "_ _ _ _ Tennessee". The prodigal son returns! It's the Decade of the Vols! Aight!

Reactions: catben
I will say one thing about the law suit. The suit was filed on 12-5-19. This was a little less than 2 years after the incident. I don't know the law in Georgia, but most states have a 2 year statute of limitations meaning that Mr. Mays had 2 years from the date of incident to either (1) settle a possible claim (2) file a law suit to keep the statute of limitations open or (3) let the matter go and let the statute of recovery run.

However, since Cade Mays has hired the same attorney as Justin Fields (Mars) and he is "very confident" that Cade won't have to sit out next year, I'm sure that the law suit will factor in.

BINGO! Phat Phil is orchestrating this entire charade to get Cade eligible to replace Trey Smith this year.
They will pull it off if Phat Phil has to rat out Kirby or Nick as a favor to the NCAA.

Reactions: 59DAWG and catben
I’ve heard of five and six and seven digit deals, but if UT can pull this off for a single digit, it is the deal of the century!!

Sounds like UGA needs to prohibit sitting in chairs, on or near campus.

This will certainly be interesting. Since one of the factors in approving the waiver is "does the first school oppose the waiver" will Ga oppose the waiver?

The entire deal is because we didn't offer his younger brother. The chair incident happened, one would think a UT grad and their chair stacking class would know how to sit in a chair.

But it looks like the suit is to leverage UGA from trying to block his eligibility for 2020. Was not the best of days to be a UGA fan, looking like we are bringing in a grad transfer QB, Mays can be replaced with someone on the roster.

Really odd, every underclassmen eligible to enter the draft on defense stayed. On offense they all left. So we return 12 starters, 8 on d, 4 on

JFC this is pathetic. If his family is trashy enough to do that it seems he's a perfect fit in Knoxville.

See!!! See the bullet we dodge for decades with our "recruiting room" that was just a tsble and some folding chairs!! Oh the humanity! The absolute carnage!! As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

Reactions: 59DAWG
JFC this is pathetic. If his family is trashy enough to do that it seems he's a perfect fit in Knoxville.
Mays family is from Knoxville, at least Knoxville area. Boys attended Catholic HS, HS of choice for TN coach's sons or legacy recruits. Baron kid UK recruited whose daddy is on UT staff goes there as does Tee Martin's boy.

The family dog also got caught up said chair.
Some people are to dumb to walk and chew gum at the time. Looks like this guy is to dumb to fold up a chair.
Sounds like a family destined to in TN....

giphy.gif

Mays family is from Knoxville, at least Knoxville area. Boys attended Catholic HS, HS of choice for TN coach's sons or legacy recruits. Baron kid UK recruited whose daddy is on UT staff goes there as does Tee Martin's boy.

The lawsuit seems frivolous, as described here, but I apologize for any negative inference in my previous post. I don’t know this kid or his family.

This will certainly be interesting. Since one of the factors in approving the waiver is "does the first school oppose the waiver" will Ga oppose the waiver?
No. This is what is a real quid pro quo. Mayes family will drop the lawsuit against UGA for a favorable release for Cade from UGA.
It will happen. Whatever it takes to get him eligible for this next season.

Reactions: 59DAWG
No. This is what is a real quid pro quo. Mayes family will drop the lawsuit against UGA for a favorable release for Cade from UGA.
It will happen. Whatever it takes to get him eligible for this next season.
Georgia needs to dig in and not let this kid and his family have their way. Really tired of these guys getting waivers for no legit reason!

Maybe it isn't, but this whole situation seems sketchy as hell. Basically right up Tennessee's alley. On NSD Cade's brother and the TN QB commit both tweet out that they aren't done and put up a hush emjoi. It is now believed that was in reference to Cade transferring. Add in the lawsuit for an incident that happened quite a while ago, which one would assume is really a way to strong arm the NCAA/UGA. Also that Cade hired an attorney to get immediate eligibility...

Just all of it stinks of Fulmer.

Attorneys suck as bad as officials sometimes.

Smith is coming back
Yeah. Saw that on the local station tonight. Reality is, he might not have had a choice. Unfortunately due to his health issues he is unable to practice and is really taking a risk playing on Saturday's.

How many NFL teams will draft you if you are unable to practice? I am sure he got some sobering feedback from pro scouts/agent/gms.

I am sure he is hoping for a healthy year at UT and maybe his personal health situation improves to the point he can get released by drs. for full contact again.

Wishing him the best results. No one deserves that kind of bad hand dealt to them. Blood clots are no joke. Being on blood thinners has it's own set of risks.

I know because I have to deal with being on blood thinner hopefully to prevent blood clots. Certainly no guarantees.

Praying this kid gets better and can fulfill his dream of playing in the NFL someday.

Im hearing Joey Gatewoods father got frostbite from holding a drink too long at an Auburn game, maybe we can borrow Fields lawyer as well and get him eligible next season.

If he gets eligible I get an assist, I'm the one that started that rumor.

Oops, better be careful, the NCAA is very gullible------sometimes.

The family dog also got caught up said chair.
Some people are to dumb to walk and chew gum at the time. Looks like this guy is to dumb to fold up a chair.
Sounds like a family destined to in TN....

I think that dog looks good in that chair, is that a Tennessee coon dog?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT