ADVERTISEMENT

Cade Cunningham: I have a theory

kyjeff1

All-American
Sep 8, 2012
I guess I could have put this in the other thread, but dudes are wishing serious injuries for CC.

Maybe I'm way off on this, but let me know your thoughts on this theory.

Is it possible that the Cunningham family called Cal out to their house to pitch a scenario to him? A "what if" scenario if you will.

We know OK State is about to get slapped. I think it's possible that the Cunningham's told Cal that they want Cade to play for his brother at OKC, but if shit drops on OK State and the AD fires the staff, would Cal still want Cade at UK?

The reason I think this is, that meeting was so sudden and out of nowhere. It feels like that's what that was about to me. So we would be the backup plan, but it's hard to beat family.

I don't follow recruiting like a lot of you guys do, so maybe this is really silly and makes literally zero sense. If so, this thread will fade into oblivion and I'll get laughed at, but it's worth thinking about… to me anyway.

I guess I could have put this in the other thread, but dudes are wishing serious injuries for CC.

Is it possible that the Cunningham family called Cal out to their house to pitch a scenario to him? A "what if" scenario if you will.

We know OK State is about to get slapped. I think it's possible that the Cunningham's told Cal that they want Cade to play for his brother at OKC, but if shit drops on OK State and the AD fires the staff, would Cal still want Cade at UK?

The reason I think this is, that meeting was so sudden and out of nowhere. It feels like that's what that was about to me. So we would be the backup plan, but it's hard to beat family.

I don't follow recruiting like a lot of you guys do, so maybe this is really silly and makes literally zero sense. If so, this thread will fade into oblivion and I'll get laughed at, but it's worth thinking about… to me anyway.
Bro if this is true omg

Reactions: kyjeff1
Lol not a chance. He played it up like he was going to commit to a big school so he could “build his brand”, raise his followers, and get exposure before fading away into obscurity in nowhere land (a.k.a. OK State). And to announce right out of the blue before our premier game while playing the song Drake hyped Kentucky on. Can you say complete troll job? In my opinion, it’s a complete lack of respect. These coaches are incredibly busy and could have spent that time doing something way more productive than getting led on by a kid that knew where he was going from day one.

There isn’t anything that couldn't be a asked over the phone, but they asked him something right?
Of course they said something to him .

If they really called Cal down there to tell him that then it seems like a waste of time for Cal when they could have told him this over the phone . It’s not like Cal lives up street from them .

Of course they said something to him .

If they really called Cal down there to tell him that then it seems like a waste of time for Cal when they could have told him this over the phone . It’s not like Cal lives up street from them .
Okay, so what do you think they called him out there for?
You're shooting down my theory, but you haven't provided your own.

Reactions: ScrooDook92
Lol not a chance. He played it up like he was going to commit to a big school so he could “build his brand”, raise his followers, and get exposure before fading away into obscurity in nowhere land (a.k.a. OK State). And to announce right out of the blue before our premier game while playing the song Drake hyped Kentucky on. Can you say complete troll job? In my opinion, it’s a complete lack of respect. These coaches are incredibly busy and could have spent that time doing something way more productive than getting led on by a kid that knew where he was going from day one.
Take a chill pill man, you're way angry over this. It's not THAT big of a deal. We still have Askew.

Reactions: kev2018
More likely his bro told him that his commit is the only thing that will save his job.

Any older brother whose career is dependent on the decisions of his little brother probably needs to reconsider the degree of his own life's trajectory.

Every time I think of Cannen Cunningham now, it will be hard for me not to think "life choice cuckery."

Elements of this are plausible. It will be telling to see if he signs in two weeks.

Reactions: kyjeff1
giphy.gif

Takeva chill pill man, you're way angry over this. It's not THAT big of a deal. We still have Askew.
It’s a big deal if you want another title anytime soon. Facts are facts and, while we are still recruiting well, we are not landing our main targets. Hell, we’ve put AD, KAT, and Boogie in the league and we can’t even land a decent big man. We’re hoping to land second tier bigs in Jackson and Omouryi (sp?) now. Sure we have pieces to be good, but I want U.K. to be great. I sure as hell want another title and I know I’m not the only one that knows it makes it a lot harder to win a title when you’re wiffing on your main targets. Makes it damn frustrating too when top recruits lead us on and use us just to build their brand. Makes us look weak.

It’s a big deal if you want another title anytime soon. Facts are facts and, while we are still recruiting well, we are not landing our main targets. Hell, we’ve put AD, KAT, and Boogie in the league and we can’t even land a decent big man. We’re hoping to land second tier bigs in Jackson and Omouryi (sp?) now. Sure we have pieces to be good, but I want U.K. to be great. I sure as hell want another title and I know I’m not the only one that knows it makes it a lot harder to win a title when you’re wiffing on your main targets. Makes it damn frustrating too when top recruits lead us on and use us just to build their brand. Makes us look weak.
I want a title too man, probably more than anyone else on this board, but coming unglued on a message board and wishing torn ACL's on a kid that did what he thinks is best for him, is a bit much.

I get what you're saying, but the word is out, it's really hard here. The workouts are hard, Cal yells all game long and UK fans are rough on these players, the word is out and CC is a lottery pick no matter where he goes, so why come here and work hard when he can coast in Stillwater?
We're the ones who fell for it… .again.

The only thing I know for sure is this recruitment was ok states national championship. They know they can’t win an actual title even with Cade and they are hard up for attention for this commit. Ok poke fan saving posts and going back and liking them like they won something

Kentucky is great. Titles don't grow on trees my man. Cade Cunningham doesn't guarantee a title...neither did previous Top 1-3 recruits. We have all we can ask for in Cal....

Fact is we have 8 titles in 115+ years. 4 in the past 60 years...it ain't as easy as getting a Top 3 recruit.

Time to move on my friend.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
I want a title too man, probably more than anyone else on this board, but coming unglued on a message board and wishing torn ACL's on a kid that did what he thinks is best for him, is a bit much.

I get what you're saying, but the word is out, it's really hard here. The workouts are hard, Cal yells all game long and UK fans are rough on these players, the word is out and CC is a lottery pick no matter where he goes, so why come here and work hard when he can coast in Stillwater?
We're the ones who fell for it… .again.
I’m curious as to why you think I’m coming “unglued”. I can promise you that I’m sitting at home laughing with my buddy and having a swell time watching the opening night of college b-ball. I’m not mad or upset in the least and my life doesn’t revolve around what these recruits do. I said what I said because he trolled Kentucky and used us for his own personal gain. If you’re not with us, you’re against us and I will not wish well for you. That’s just my philosophy on life. I believe you’re the one that needs to take the chill pill my man.

Kentucky is great. Titles don't grow on trees my man. Cade Cunningham doesn't guarantee a title...neither did previous Top 1-3 recruits. We have all we can ask for in Cal....

Fact is we have 8 titles in 115+ years. 4 in the past 60 years...it ain't as easy as getting a Top 3 recruit.
Of course no title is guaranteed, but a roster with Cunningham and Brown on it stands A LOT better chance than a roster that doesn’t.

I’m curious as to why you think I’m coming “unglued”. I can promise you that I’m sitting at home laughing with my buddy and having a swell time watching the opening night of college b-ball. I’m not mad or upset in the least and my life doesn’t revolve around what these recruits do. I said what I said because he trolled Kentucky and used us for his own personal gain. If you’re not with us, you’re against us and I will not wish well for you. That’s just my philosophy on life. I believe you’re the one that needs to take the chill pill my man.
Wishing torn ligaments on a kid seems like a coming unglued moment to me.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Wishing torn ligaments on a kid seems like a coming unglued moment to me.
Nope. I never claimed to be a person who wishes good will on anyone and everyone. Unfortunately we all don’t walk on water like some people on this board. I stated my opinion and I stand by it. I won’t run from it just because there’s blowback from people who get offended by it.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat

There's always room for improvement. Always. Tell me how you think Cal should improve.

ADVERTISEMENT