ADVERTISEMENT

Butthurt Hoosiers don't like us playing Duke in their backyard

Indiana's one shining moment, the greatest day in their history, beating UK in a home game in December. Nevermind the rematch that happened 3 months later in March when it really mattered, that UK dominated. I don't know who we need to call, but I'm thinking that needs to go on popcorn boxes, t-shirts, and they should give it a nickname like "the resurgence" or something witty. You know what I mean? And while they're at it, they should rush the floor, attempt to trample UK's players and fans, chant F-Kentucky, give out orders to keep UK fans out of the arena entirely and mistreat them while they're there, and other classy things. That is sure to keep the relationship between the schools very cordial and on good terms. And then afterward, they need to whine about it incessantly while claiming UK fans are just being babies about it. After all, who wouldn't enjoy that kind of treatment?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care if we ever play the Hoosiers again. I might be willing to play on a neutral court somewhere, but I would never return to Ass. Hall for all the tea in China.

Indiana's one shining moment, the greatest day in their history, beating UK in a home game in December. Nevermind the rematch that happened 3 months later in March when it really mattered, that UK dominated. I don't know who we need to call, but I'm thinking that needs to go on popcorn boxes, t-shirts, and they should give it a nickname like "the resurgence" or something witty. You know what I mean? And while they're at it, they should rush the floor, attempt to trample UK's players and fans, chant F-Kentucky, give out orders to keep UK fans out of the arena entirely and mistreat them while they're there, and other classy things. That is sure to keep the relationship between the schools very cordial and on good terms. And then afterward, they need to whine about it incessantly while claiming UK fans are just being babies about it. After all, who wouldn't enjoy that kind of treatment?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care if we ever play the Hoosiers again. I might be willing to play on a neutral court somewhere, but I would never return to Ass. Hall for all the tea in China.
Poetry.

We have told those simple minded, extra y chromosome, 0 on the ACT, $*** in their pants morons that we will not play in Bloomington under any circumstances. They want to meet us elsewhere, then we'll talk about it.

Wait...Indiana still plays basketball? Are we sure about this? Can someone fact check that?
625C1D4EE2945D9A53C6BEE5585674B48F6CB42C

Love it, can’t wait for the Big Blue Mist to take over their capital. I’m going to be there, and take a massive dump then watch my Cats own the city

Champions Classic, national TV, and the number one ranked preseason game this year is being played at Bankers Life in Indianapolis this year. Kansas and Michigan State will round out the field in our state capital this year. Gosh, SBFred and Tantommy sure showed those Kentucky hillbillies that playing in Indianapolis was just not going to happen on their watch. IU took their ball and went home to Bloomington to play Chicago State. Kentucky picked up their ball and drove up to Indpls to play Duke in our recruiting backyard, and on prime time national Television. We sure showed 'em!.....
He/she isn't wrong.

I had always considered IU to be just a rival............................until I moved to Evansville in 1983. Never have I encountered a more delusional, jealous, arrogant and just plain ignorant fan base. Their entire season revolved around beating Kentucky and it was a major obsession almost to the point where it was a mental illness. Anyone who would worship Bobby Knight has to be seriously deranged and just about the entire state is that way even though he's not even there anymore. It's not a rivalry to IU fans; more like a deep rooted hatred due to an inferiority complex. I've never hated a fan base or opposing team more than I do IU and their delusional fans.

Not too turribly upset with that state. They gave us Kyle Macy and Walter McCarty, 2 NCAA Champions.

...and...

Cliff Barker (one of the Fabulous Five; won two NCAA titles and an Olympic gold medal)

Not NCAA champs, but also:

Louie Dampier
Mike Flynn
Larry Steele
Roger Harden
Trey Lyles
Sean Woods (who hit the shot...before whatshisname hit The Shot). Sean's shot probably got the biggest rise from UK fans in the last 50 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: jameslee32
Reactions: RogerIndy
I got banned from the Indiana site (likely before the restart, but who cares), but do not treat opposing fanbases like garbage; do not endanger the players. Act like civil human beings. And most of all, be relevant; give Kentucky a reason to play Indiana.
Exactly, when you become a strength on the schedule come back to us then! But only on a neutral site!

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/duke-vs-kentucky-in-indpls-this-year.170255/

Eventually they start rehashing the whole UK-IU series. Wow. I live here with a bunch of these idiots.
Man I feel for you living in Indiana and being surrounded by so many idiots. They are all ignorant Bobby Knight butt suckers, and it must be very challenging finding someone to have an intelligent conversation with about basketball. They have always been butt hurt fans and will always be butt hurt fans. Move back to Ohio or Kentucky or wherever you where at before you moved to Indiana before its to late.

ADVERTISEMENT