ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl still refusing to interview with Auburn officials and legal counsel

If half the stuff we are reading about currently has any truth to it at all I don't blame Pearl for not saying anything. If I were in his shoes I wouldn't even pay cash for a dry cleaning bill and I sure as hell wouldn't buy any charcoal

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
getting punished doesnt matter........ Newton got caught asking for money... and guess who landed him....

Just like UNCheat...... didnt get punished but everyone knows their shame

So what you’re saying is you can’t provide a link to the claim you made. You can’t provide a link that Auburn paid a football player in the last six years.

just give about three or four months and Auburn basketball will be like it always has, just a after thought !! And Bruce will be selling cars lol !

What’s going to happen in 3-4 months? We probably have at least another year. The Person case doesn’t start until next February.

I think there's clearly something going on and Pearl does have a history of it. However I don't like the logic being used there. Not speaking to investigators is never proof of guilt.
That's the Duke way, don't talk to the NCAA or anyone else while still at the school..[see Lance Thomas & Corey Maggette]..

How much you want to bet Auburn and Ole Brucie comes out cleaner than most smart Ass ? Your already in the spot light
Sorry buddy, but I don't make bets on the internet. Have you followed this story? Are you aware that the big issue was shoe companies (Nike and Adidas) helping schools pay recruits? Auburn is an Under Armor school so we have nothing to do with that aspect of the case. There isn't a single aspect of the story that suggests Auburn was paying recruits. Our assistant coach was a broke dumbass who took bribes to steer current players to a shady financial adviser. Yes, that's against the rules and we have lost 2 of our best players because of it. Do you think that is worse than schools were paying 100k+ through their shoe companies to buy recruits?

Does the leak about HoF coaches going down soon not concern you at all given that UK has 1 of 6 active HoF coaches? FWIW, I have no problem with UK. I hope you guys are not pulled into this. It would be great to see Duke, UNC, KU and others go down and leave the SEC in a position to dominate.

Sorry buddy, but I don't make bets on the internet. Have you followed this story? Are you aware that the big issue was shoe companies (Nike and Adidas) helping schools pay recruits? Auburn is an Under Armor school so we have nothing to do with that aspect of the case. There isn't a single aspect of the story that suggests Auburn was paying recruits. Our assistant coach was a broke dumbass who took bribes to steer current players to a shady financial adviser. Yes, that's against the rules and we have lost 2 of our best players because of it. Do you think that is worse than schools were paying 100k+ through their shoe companies to buy recruits?

Does the leak about HoF coaches going down soon not concern you at all given that UK has 1 of 6 active HoF coaches? FWIW, I have no problem with UK. I hope you guys are not pulled into this. It would be great to see Duke, UNC, KU and others go down and leave the SEC in a position to dominate.

With all due respect, hoping others suck isn’t how we roll. Take that stuff back to Toomer’s Corner.

I think Pearl will be coaching his final game here in about a month. In case you missed it, the NCAA now holds head coaches accountable for the actions of the assistants that THEY hired.

I think Pearl will be coaching his final game here in about a month. In case you missed it, the NCAA now holds head coaches accountable for the actions of the assistants that THEY hired.

While true, that doesn't guarantee Bruce's firing. Nothing says that if a violation is committed by an assistant, the HC is absolutely responsible and will face punishment. If Bruce can show he promoted an atmosphere of compliance and monitored his assistants' activities, then Bruce won't likely get caught up in that portion of the NCAA rule book. IMO Person and the FBI stuff isn't going might do in Pearl. It's what might be found in the internal investigation sparked by the FBI situation that could do Pearl in. If there are several violations found that involve various members of the staff and Pearl didn't do a better job of policing that, then he's gonna get got. That, I think, is much more likely than Pearl getting fired over the FBI probe.

While true, that doesn't guarantee Bruce's firing. Nothing says that if a violation is committed by an assistant, the HC is absolutely responsible and will face punishment. If Bruce can show he promoted an atmosphere of compliance and monitored his assistants' activities, then Bruce won't likely get caught up in that portion of the NCAA rule book. IMO Person and the FBI stuff isn't going might do in Pearl. It's what might be found in the internal investigation sparked by the FBI situation that could do Pearl in. If there are several violations found that involve various members of the staff and Pearl didn't do a better job of policing that, then he's gonna get got. That, I think, is much more likely than Pearl getting fired over the FBI probe.

What is most likely is that you are off-the-charts naive when it comes to this issue.

Because you are thinking like a homer - not well educated.

Nothing about what I posted is being a homer. I don't really think you understand the bylaw regarding head coach responsibility if you think my response was being homerish. You said you thought Bruce would be fired based on the head coach responsibility bylaw. I responded why it's possible he won't be fired because of that bylaw.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT