ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl still refusing to interview with Auburn officials and legal counsel

As of now, no one is investigating Pearl, NCAA or FBI. They are looking at Person and AU, not Pearl. Pearl was not named in any transcript or wire from the Person case. Also, nothing that has come out benefits anybody at AU except Person and the players in question (Purifoy and Wiley). Person was actually trying to get them to leave AU and sign with this agent. There is no knowledge of paying for these recruits to come.

Now, I know Bruce isnt squeaky clean and has a past, but the facts now are that nothing that was done in any way helped AU. In fact it’s the opposite, and the NCAA has already ruled Wiley eligible for next year. I doubt we ever see Purifoy again.

Sorry for the novel, but everyone painting Pearl as the bad guy here is wrong. He isn’t speaking with AU because of the investigation, and once it’s over, he will speak with AU (advice from his council).

Pearl’s issues will be with the NCAA due to the new HC responsibility rules and what recruiting violations were self-reported during Auburn’s investigation. It won’t be from the FBI probe.

That article is dated Nov 23, 2017. He has since had conversations with the president and have reached an understanding for the time being.
yea like till the end of the season, Ole Bruce is up to his old tricks again !! He was a cheating bastard when he coached at D-2 Southern Indiana, and then at Tenn, you actually think he is any different now !!

yea like till the end of the season, Ole Bruce is up to his old tricks again !! He was a cheating bastard when he coached at D-2 Southern Indiana, and then at Tenn, you actually think he is any different now !!

He was about to get fired at Auburn for doing so bad, so reached back into his bag of tricks. Their fans deserve the deadbeat.

Reactions: struggler
My thoughts on Brucie....

* He's entertaining.

* Really good basketball coach.

* Has proved that he won't hesitate to cheat. When you lie about something as benign as a cookout, and encourage the recruits and their parents to lie about it when you probably know the NCAA already knows what happened, then there's no doubt you won't bat an eye to do other under the table shit.

HUGE FALLICY.

Take a lesson folks. At a company I once worked for, some checks were stolen, and the perp made them out and cashed them. (Not to himself). The police came to the IT department and asked everyone to give handwriting samples. Nearly everyone did (including me), on the logic quoted above. As a result of the analysis, they came back and fingered someone - someone that absolutely no one, including the upper management, could believe would have done it. Never the less, this person was suspended without pay for several weeks. Eventually, the actual guy was caught, based on better evidence than the handwriting analysis, but if he hadn't, the innocent guy would have almost certainly lost his job, and possibly been prosecuted.

NEVER give evidence without consulting a lawyer first. Make them pry it out of you with a warrant.

Another example: some years ago 60 Minutes ran a segment documenting where police in Florida would stop people on the interstate (concentrating on minorities, and especially out-of-staters) and ask if they could search the vehicle. Most people would agree, figuring they had nothing to hide. If the cops found any significant cash - basically meaning anything over a couple of hundred dollars, they'd claim they suspected it was "drug money" and confiscate it. Getting it back from out of state was nearly impossible. If they cops ask to search your car during a routine stop, don't consent. Be polite, but answer "No". Make them get a warrant.

Look up implied consent.

I don’t. It just a matter if if he gets caught, like most other NCAA basketball programs IMO.

run_nag.gif
Head transplant from Godfather 1!

Reactions: CatPhight
Look up implied consent.
Implied consent applies to determining BALs, not to a general search of your vehicle. And in 2016, SCOTUS determined that IC only applies to breathalyizers, you cannot be assumed to have given implied consent to a blood draw.

Reactions: morgousky
Bruce is fighting like hell to save his job. Everyone one here would do the same bc this could easily be his last gig and he’s finally got things rolling at AU. He obviously knows something that he doesn’t want to talk about. How damaging it is? Who knows. But he played his cards right. This season bought him a ton more leverage than he would’ve had if he was open about stuff in September/October

I love how everybody cheats, except the school that signs 5 NBA Draft picks every year. The one that was caught using FedEx to send cash to recruits. Yet, it is everyone else that is so dirty, based on supposition

Reactions: GParmesan
I love how everybody cheats, except the school that signs 5 NBA Draft picks every year. The one that was caught using FedEx to send cash to recruits. Yet, it is everyone else that is so dirty, based on supposition

1. the NCAA investigated Memphis and Fed Ex and found NOTHING.

2. We're not Memphis and Fed Ex is not a UK booster... they're a Memphis booster and...

3. Barnhart our AD back over a decade ago cut Boosters loose to make sure nothing like that happens here at UK and a lot of those boosters went to UL with Pitino instead.

Thanks for allowing us to believe what we wanna believe.lol We all believe pearl is a cheater and is going down. Now go find the 10 or so auburn basketball fans there are on the earth and you can duscuss it. Lol

So you gonna answer my question about why Auburn would have already fired Pearl if we weren’t top 10?

This is what has happened and what was explained to the internal investigators and why Leath has backed off. He’s still said Bruce has to formally talk to them, and Bruce knows that. But he’s not going to go against the advice of his counsel during an FBI investigation.

Actually Auburn got away with the same thing UNC did. UNC even used Auburn as example to escape punishment saying if the SEC and NCAA didn't punish Auburn then how could the NCAA punish them?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/13/sports/13cnd-auburn.html

Implied consent applies to determining BALs, not to a general search of your vehicle. And in 2016, SCOTUS determined that IC only applies to breathalyizers, you cannot be assumed to have given implied consent to a blood draw.

Well, in Tennessee, they will draw your blood, and turning them down for a vehicle search wont do you any good if you've got drugs or illegal items in your car. They will get in.

That's at least in the towns I own business in and travel / live / work. I've always wondered how it's not a HIPAA violation of some kind, but they do it. If you decline you will pay. Most people just do it that I've known.

You will not get around law enforcement getting in your car, one way or the other as a general rule if they suspect something is off.

I'm sure a powerful attorney and influence can make it happen, but other than that, people don't even figh it most of the time because they see how pointless it is.

Hilarious that UK fans are throwing so much shade at AU when Cal has vacated 2 final 4 appearances.

40+ teams are going to end up being pulled into this FBI mess. Auburn will come out cleaner than almost anyone else because we were not involved with the shoe companies that have been implicated. Nike and Adidas were buying players for schools. Under Armor was not which means AU has nothing to do with that aspect of the case. Our assistant coach was caught up in this because he was trying to get money to steer players to a financial advisers. Yes, that's a problem and thus 2 of our starters have had to sit the whole season. How does that compare to Duke, UNC, Kansas or...UK when it comes out that they were doing the same stuff as UofL and having their shoe company purchase recruits? They sources say HoF coaches are going to be implicated so if I am a UK fan, that has to be concerning.

My guess is the NCAA has to issue some sort of amnesty on this. They can't hammer all the blue bloods or it will kill the sport. They probably slap teams on the wrist and claim they have made major reforms. No way they put 20+ of the top programs on major probation at the same time.

1. the NCAA investigated Memphis and Fed Ex and found NOTHING.

2. We're not Memphis and Fed Ex is not a UK booster... they're a Memphis booster and...

3. Barnhart our AD back over a decade ago cut Boosters loose to make sure nothing like that happens here at UK and a lot of those boosters went to UL with Pitino instead.
Pretty sure he meant Emery Express

Reactions: wildcatdonf
Actually Auburn got away with the same thing UNC did. UNC even used Auburn as example to escape punishment saying if the SEC and NCAA didn't punish Auburn then how could the NCAA punish them?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/13/sports/13cnd-auburn.html

Maybe in that instance, but that’s not what is happening now. Auburn will cooperate with the NCAA and will eventually make Pearl talk. This is definitely an NCAA matter, and there’s no way Auburn could use that same argument in this case. The UNC case and the linked Auburn case dealt with academics, which is why they were able to use that loophole. This case with Person deals with extra benefits to current players, which Auburn can’t hide from.

Hilarious that UK fans are throwing so much shade at AU when Cal has vacated 2 final 4 appearances.

40+ teams are going to end up being pulled into this FBI mess. Auburn will come out cleaner than almost anyone else because we were not involved with the shoe companies that have been implicated. Nike and Adidas were buying players for schools. Under Armor was not which means AU has nothing to do with that aspect of the case. Our assistant coach was caught up in this because he was trying to get money to steer players to a financial advisers. Yes, that's a problem and thus 2 of our starters have had to sit the whole season. How does that compare to Duke, UNC, Kansas or...UK when it comes out that they were doing the same stuff as UofL and having their shoe company purchase recruits? They sources say HoF coaches are going to be implicated so if I am a UK fan, that has to be concerning.

My guess is the NCAA has to issue some sort of amnesty on this. They can't hammer all the blue bloods or it will kill the sport. They probably slap teams on the wrist and claim they have made major reforms. No way they put 20+ of the top programs on major probation at the same time.
How much you want to bet Auburn and Ole Brucie comes out cleaner than most smart Ass ? Your already in the spot light

I've seen articles saying Cal was not involved and had no knowledge of Camby, but I've never seen anything saying Cal turned in Camby.

The accounts i’ve read say cal was the one who brought it to light to umass.

Hey dumbass.. your team was caught paying players in football and basketball in the last 6 years so maybe you should shut the hell up about something that happened 30 years ago

Um, could you link me to the story where we were punished for paying football players in the last 6 years?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT