ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce Pearl still refusing to interview with Auburn officials and legal counsel

A

anon_9qtxg60vqzy0y

“If he’s running a clean program and hasn’t done anything wrong, why won’t he talk?” the source told the Montgomery Advertiser on the condition of anonymity. “The responsibility is to the school and a athletics department and not just to a coach and his program.”

https://amp.montgomeryadvertiser.com/amp/891342001

“If he’s running a clean program and hasn’t done anything wrong, why won’t he talk?” the source told the Montgomery Advertiser on the condition of anonymity. “The responsibility is to the school and a athletics department and not just to a coach and his program.”

That article is dated Nov 23, 2017. He has since had conversations with the president and have reached an understanding for the time being.

I think there's clearly something going on and Pearl does have a history of it. However I don't like the logic being used there. Not speaking to investigators is never proof of guilt.

When your bosses ask you a question or tell you to cooperate with an investigation, it may not imply guilt, but for most of us, we’d be suspended or fired immediately for not cooperating.

Reactions: JDHoss
run_nag.gif

His attorney's have told him not to. Since the department is under subpoena right now, anything he says immediately gets turned over to FBI. So his lawyers said to wait until FBI investigation ends to talk. Even if he has nothing to hide, you don't want transcripts being turned over to FBI for no reason.

Not saying he for sure has nothing to hide, just saying that's why he hasn't had formal discussions yet.

Reactions: DM8 and Fox2monk

You linked an article from 3 months ago to support your claim that BRUCE is "still refusing" to meet with AU officials...

This is a criminal investigation and not merely an NCAA investigation. Pearl is doing well for himself by not, and I'm sure he made this decision on advice from his lawyers.

This is what has happened and what was explained to the internal investigators and why Leath has backed off. He’s still said Bruce has to formally talk to them, and Bruce knows that. But he’s not going to go against the advice of his counsel during an FBI investigation.

All this begins to sound like KU jr,Pearl just isn't as good as Self and dodging bullets.Auburn reminds me of a cross between KU and UL,they have plenty to hide yet their fans show up on a UK chat board and act like a bunch of teenagers on social media for the first time.

Win or lose I'll be glad when the game is over,we will still be UK and they will still be Auburn.Pearl probably won't be there this time next year.

All this begins to sound like KU jr,Pearl just isn't as good as Self and dodging bullets.Auburn reminds me of a cross between KU and UL,they have plenty to hide yet their fans show up on a UK chat board and act like a bunch of teenagers on social media for the first time.

Win or lose I'll be glad when the game is over,we will still be UK and they will still be Auburn.Pearl probably won't be there this time next year.

True. We will always be Auburn.

I wouldn't talk either if me and my top assistant were PAYING my top players to LEAVE the program to go pro.

I wouldn't talk either if me and my top assistant were PAYING my top players to LEAVE the program to go pro.

Me either. Like the old saying goes, better to be thought an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt. If Bruce was involved in paying his players to leave early, he’s an idiot.

Reactions: wmk0002
“If he’s running a clean program and hasn’t done anything wrong, why won’t he talk?” the source told the Montgomery Advertiser on the condition of anonymity.”

HUGE FALLICY.

Take a lesson folks. At a company I once worked for, some checks were stolen, and the perp made them out and cashed them. (Not to himself). The police came to the IT department and asked everyone to give handwriting samples. Nearly everyone did (including me), on the logic quoted above. As a result of the analysis, they came back and fingered someone - someone that absolutely no one, including the upper management, could believe would have done it. Never the less, this person was suspended without pay for several weeks. Eventually, the actual guy was caught, based on better evidence than the handwriting analysis, but if he hadn't, the innocent guy would have almost certainly lost his job, and possibly been prosecuted.

NEVER give evidence without consulting a lawyer first. Make them pry it out of you with a warrant.

Another example: some years ago 60 Minutes ran a segment documenting where police in Florida would stop people on the interstate (concentrating on minorities, and especially out-of-staters) and ask if they could search the vehicle. Most people would agree, figuring they had nothing to hide. If the cops found any significant cash - basically meaning anything over a couple of hundred dollars, they'd claim they suspected it was "drug money" and confiscate it. Getting it back from out of state was nearly impossible. If they cops ask to search your car during a routine stop, don't consent. Be polite, but answer "No". Make them get a warrant.

oh Pearl cheated better believe it.... His coaches cheated and therefore himself cheated. He is done after this year with any luck. I want ALL of the coaches fired....including Arizona's coach. Bunch of cheaters

oh Pearl cheated better believe it.... His coaches cheated and therefore himself cheated. He is done after this year with any luck. I want ALL of the coaches fired....including Arizona's coach.

You do realize that means Pearl was trying to get his best players to leave early. Lol

Why would Bruce talk?? You have Duke, Carolina and few other schools recruiting like they are doing it for the mafia or something and they do not get in trouble for it. Hell, Duke has two eligible right now, that does not have a bit of paper trail that they attened high school.. Poor Bruce was fired for having a recruit at a bbq, and watched a football game lol..

Why would Bruce talk?? You have Duke, Carolina and few other schools recruiting like they are doing it for the mafia or something and they do not get in trouble for it. Hell, Duke has two eligible right now, that does not have a bit of paper trail that they attened high school.. Poor Bruce was fired for having a recruit at a bbq, and watched a football game lol..
Shit, I think William Avery went to like 8 different High Schools his senior year... then somehow he was starting at DUKE as a true freshman

Well, the lying and coordination of that lie had something to do with his firing.

Maybe so, but the NCAA is so wishy washy i would just say screw you as well.. Especially if the FBI has already cleared Pearl, the no talking bullshit is what saved Lance Thomas supposedly in the jewelry scandal..

From what had been reported to us, Pear hasn’t been cleared by he FBI, which is why the NCAA isn’t investigating right now and why Pearl hasn’t spoken to Auburn’s internal counsel and president. Basically, until the FBI says they’re through, Bruce isn’t talking, and the NCAA has already said they won’t get involved until the FBI is through.

Don’t think there’s anything to link. There’s been no formal interview or talk, but that’s doesn’t mean they haven’t talked.
So we're supposed to take your word for it? Ooohhhkay. Got it. Thanks man.

So can we all agree this is probably Karma targeting Bruce for turning in Illinois coaches when he was an assistant at Iowa?

As of now, no one is investigating Pearl, NCAA or FBI. They are looking at Person and AU, not Pearl. Pearl was not named in any transcript or wire from the Person case. Also, nothing that has come out benefits anybody at AU except Person and the players in question (Purifoy and Wiley). Person was actually trying to get them to leave AU and sign with this agent. There is no knowledge of paying for these recruits to come.

Now, I know Bruce isnt squeaky clean and has a past, but the facts now are that nothing that was done in any way helped AU. In fact it’s the opposite, and the NCAA has already ruled Wiley eligible for next year. I doubt we ever see Purifoy again.

Sorry for the novel, but everyone painting Pearl as the bad guy here is wrong. He isn’t speaking with AU because of the investigation, and once it’s over, he will speak with AU (advice from his council).

ADVERTISEMENT