ADVERTISEMENT

Browns strongly considering Mitch Trubisky No. 1 overall

If they draft well the next 2 years, they should be an average or better NFL team. Should be a huge influx of cheap talent. Problem is, they tend to draft terribly.

This is a bad QB crop. Go w a journeyman this year and draft a QB next year.
I still want to see what Cody Kessler can do, with their now rebuilt O-Line of FAs, and with a full season of healthy Corey Coleman, and Kenny Britt. Losing Tyrelle Pryor was a blow to them tho.

Reactions: allabouttheUK
They are not going to draft him, it is a smoke screen to drive up interest from someone that might very well draft him. It is a ploy to trade down a few spots and then get the DL you want and add another pick or two.

Reactions: allabouttheUK
They are not going to draft him, it is a smoke screen to drive up interest from someone that might very well draft him. It is a ploy to trade down a few spots and then get the DL you want and add another pick or two.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-considering-mitchell-trubisky-first-overall/

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Mitch Trubisky is still under serious consideration by the Browns at No. 1, league sources tell cleveland.com.

Despite that Browns head of football operations Sashi Brown gave strong vibes during his pre-draft press conference Wednesday that the Browns have zeroed in on Myles Garrett, they're still strongly considering taking Trubisky there, sources say.

The feeling on the part of the front office, sources say, is that the Browns are ready to draft their quarterback of the future and might not want to risk losing him if they try to trade up or hope he falls to them at No. 12.

the way the brownies have drafted in the past I'm just relieved they aren't taking a PUNTER. anyway if they have any common sense at all. they take garrett at 1 and then look to the qb if they want or if he's still there fornette....then load up on some ol to give their backs and qb atleast a shot to do something

This crop of QBs doesn't have a clear cut starter amongst them. By all accounts the best prospects in this draft "should" sit for a few yrs. So, if I were the Browns I'd keep stacking picks up......build the team up.....then be gunning for the the Sam Darnold sweepstakes next yr.

The feeling on the part of the front office, sources say, is that the Browns are ready to draft their quarterback of the future and might not want to risk losing him if they try to trade up or hope he falls to them at No. 12.

I think this is a standard statement from the Browns every 2-3 years with their #1 draft pick

Lots of questions about Watson's ability to throw all routes and ability to read defenses because of the type offense he ran in college. Its killing his WR because the only 2 routes the scouts say he can run is the back shoulder fade and go route, add that to his questionable speed and not going to run the 40 at the combine. He is a big physical receiver who created separation by pushing off and that will be called in the NFL. But Trubisky has questions too, pretty weak year for qbs.

As for the Browns selecting him over Watson, they also made Manzeil, a first round pick, so they have blew it before.

I don't really agree with all the criticisms on Watson and alot of it is really overthinking things by many teams and especially the analysts who just go as the wind blows. Those guys are in the entertainment business, not the football business.

Watson was money on many different routes and constantly read defenses and changed plays....that was one of his biggest attributes in college. I don't think any of that is hurting Mike Williams either....still projected as the top WR to go in the draft and Im sure (as every receiver has at some point) he has pushed off before....but he certainly didn't make his way by pushing off. Has an analyst really said that? As you a Dawg fan you may remember Watsons first two throws....both in Athens and just ridiculous for a true freshman on the road in front of his home state crowd....you could tell he was special from the start.

They can have all the BS stuff about who may be better....I'd take the proven guy every single time and really no reason outside of overanalyzation by scouts to take Turbisky. If he is that good then how in the world did he not start over Williams at UNC last year? ..that's just me and I'm a fan so really doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT