ADVERTISEMENT

Britney Griner - What is your Opinion?

I think there are more important issues than semantics. And while you may think one side has lost sight of the difference between democracy and democratic republic, that’s a lot better than not seeing the difference between democratic republic and whatever authoritarian rule the leader of the Republican Party has been wishing for since 2016

Also, knowing the difference between a pure democracy and a democratic republic is not semantics, not even close. It’s actually a very very important distinction that would have massive implications.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Also, knowing the difference between a pure democracy and a democratic republic is not semantics, not even close. It’s actually a very very important distinction that would have massive implications.
Cool

What might actually be worse is the Micah Parsons situation.

Had the audacity to not be in support of this and tweeted "What? We left a Marine?! Hell Naw?"... perfectly reasonable take. Yet the woke mob lit him up so bad that he actually had to apologize for it. Further cementing the fact that if you don't agree with the progressive left, they will destroy your image as fast as they can.

Thankfully moderates and conservatives went to bat for him, essentially saying he has nothing at all to apologize for, and he makes an excellent point.

Brittney Griner exists in the consequences-less world of sport and entertainment. There are no real-life repercussions. That's why she can have a crack pipe in her luggage because up until that point when Russian police interrupted her make-believe coddled world she had never had to live in a world where you have to face actual consequences.

Viktor Bout exists in the world of direct murderous consequences. People, absolutely, will die directly because he is back out on the streets. There is no doubt whatsoever about that. None. Lot's of people. Lots of arms that would not have otherwise wound up around the globe in the most dangerous places in the most dangerous hands because of Viktor Bout. A whole lot of that will be Ukrainian blood, too.

Folks, that's the bottom line here. People want to shuck and jive and talk about Brittney being home with her wife and all that Christmas stuff like this is the pretend world on the Hallmark channel, but we mixed up and traded an incredibly dangerous man that is going to kill a lot of people for a marginal entertainer that is of no consequence at all to real people in the real world.

Blood is on Joe Biden's hands and that is undeniable unless you too are in the consequences-less world of Brittney Griner.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
On its surface...worst negotiation in history for the USA. No way this was a one-for-one trade. None.

Has to be something else to the story. Something Cuban Missile Crisis-esque. Something else under the table that Biden got as part of this deal that just wasn’t made public. Maybe Putin agreed to pull out of the war with Ukraine in the near future (or something similar). I’m afraid it was probably something much more personal to Biden himself though. Hope I’m wrong on that. Time will tell.

Having said that...anyone defending this trade on its one-for-one surface...can’t be taken seriously on any other subject. That’s non-negotiable.

On its surface...worst negotiation in history for the USA. No way this was a one-for-one trade. None.

Has to be something else to the story. Something Cuban Missile Crisis-esque. Something else under the table that Biden got as part of this deal that just wasn’t made public. Maybe Putin agreed to pull out of the war with Ukraine in the near future (or something similar). I’m afraid it was probably something much more personal to Biden himself though. Hope I’m wrong on that. Time will tell.

Having said that...anyone defending this trade on its one-for-one surface...can’t be taken seriously on any other subject. That’s non-negotiable.
Biden is hell bent on having his legacy to be helping those of color. It appears he will do anything to become an icon on that matter.

Trading the Merchant of Death for a basketball player is insane.

Biden could not let Christmas come and go with Griner in a Russian prison. Putin knew that.

How quickly we forget that Trump released five thousand members of the Taliban for essentially nothing.

^^^ said just because Matteo must defend Biden in any way possible. As if Trump effing up somehow makes Biden’s botch better.
Not defending Biden, this is objectively not an even trade but to call it the worst in US history is simply false. That was the argument I was making

Not defending Biden, this is objectively not an even trade but to call it the worst in US history is simply false. That was the argument I was making
It's not in the same ballpark trade! IF BG wasn't a gay black female(?) athlete that hated America...the marine would be home. The Marine is a hetrosexual white male who voted for Trump and is a Patroit. Unless a republican is installed in the WH in '24 he may never see the light of day.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
It's not in the same ballpark trade! IF BG wasn't a gay black female(?) athlete that hated America...the marine would be home. The Marine is a hetrosexual white male who voted for Trump and is a Patroit. Unless a republican is installed in the WH in '24 he may never see the light of day.
Trump allegedly turned down a 1-for-1 trade that included Whelan and the merchant of death.

Trump allegedly turned down a 1-for-1 trade that included Whelan and the merchant of death.
If he did that’s probably the right call, as tough as it is. Bout has American blood on his hands, Whelan hadn’t done shit to Russia. Griner for Bout is just a slap to every Americans face especially those in the military. It’s really inconceivable and if griner hadn’t been griner no trade at all would have ever been brought up.

Reactions: IdaCat
If he did that’s probably the right call, as tough as it is. Bout has American blood on his hands, Whelan hadn’t done shit to Russia. Griner for Bout is just a slap to every Americans face especially those in the military. It’s really inconceivable and if griner hadn’t been griner no trade at all would have ever been brought up.
You said Whelan wouldn’t get out until a Republican is in office but the last Republican president declined to bring him home. Logic? Putin allegedly won’t release Whelan unless the US releases a Russian spy who is spending life in prison so why would it matter what party holds the presidency?

You said Whelan wouldn’t get out until a Republican is in office but the last Republican president declined to bring him home. Logic? Putin allegedly won’t release Whelan unless the US releases a Russian spy who is spending life in prison so why would it matter what party holds the presidency?
Sorry, confused me with another poster as I never said that.

Trump makes me puke but that was exactly what Biden should have done.

Putin is extremely weak right now. Probably will never be weaker. To give in and make a trade that by any standard is stupidly one-sided is indefensible. A badly weakened Vladimir Putin completely got the best of Joe Biden. No way around that. Very nearly impeachably incompetent. Hopefully we keep Joe away from the Red Phone in the future or Putin will takes his clothes off of him next time.

Ooop. “Allegedly” is now fact. Biden Afghaned this deal so he could get the PR. Trump was not a player, but you try to make him one. How’s this? It’s hard for you to handle the revelation that Biden is no better than Trump.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
When Obama's staff were planning the raid to take out Osama Bin Laden they had to prepare a contingency in case the Pakistani army left their nearby base and engaged the American insertion team... Obama went around the room for ideas and Joe proposed we surrender to Pakistan as it would risk *escalation* otherwise which is always Biden's copout default foreign policy decision.

Obama replied "HELL NO" and said no way his guys surrender and then asked for plans to "rain hell" on any Pakistani troops if they engaged our team so instead of the Biden surrender we had the air power and reinforcements standing by in Chinooks to turn anything in all of Pakistan to dust ready to go and our insertion team was directed to "fight your way out" if the Pakistan army engaged them which is exactly what McRaven then planned for and wound up going in with 79 men and those 79 were the best in the world and they weren't surrendering to anyone period. We would have kicked the Pakistani army's arse all the way to India if they had engaged our team that night because thankfully nobody listened to Joe Biden.

Biden has the worst foreign policy instincts of all time. Please, under no circumstance allow him to negotiate directly with Putin anymore, ever. Also, any military decision in general he should be marginalized on. Look at his history with just Afghanistan and Griner only being his most latest flubs. He should be walled off from all military matters and leave it to Lloyd Austin instead. Tell Joe to take a nap until it's all over, please.

If Joe Biden is willing to give up Viktor Bout for a female basketball player. What would he be willing to give Russia in exchange for a celebrity like LeBron James? Probably a couple thousand cruise missiles.

Reactions: hmt5000
Trade.png

ADVERTISEMENT