ADVERTISEMENT

Britney Griner - What is your Opinion?

Some of those posters have wished ill on other posters right here in this thread. Some may have liked your last post thinking it did not reference them.
I don’t care if I referenced me or not. I have said I hope you have a miserable life. I’ve not wished bad things happening to you. . You can have a miserable life without bad things happening to you. . You can just be an unhappy asshole. You already are half way there.

In reality she will make money than all of us when she hits the interview circuit at release. Way more than she would have earned as a 6’ 10” girl that can barely dunk in the wnba.

It will also increase her platform for “social awareness”, and we know how that means so much these days.

I don’t care if I referenced me or not. I have said I hope you have a miserable life. I’ve not wished bad things happening to you. . You can have a miserable life without bad things happening to you. . You can just be an unhappy asshole. You already are half way there.

I still wish you nothing but misery and heartache because you have earned every ounce of it you get.
So I say this with one hundred percent sincerity, eat shit and die. I hope your wife cheats on you. I hope you have a miserable existence for the rest of your worthless life.
TCurtis, more wrong than right. But, he does not care, because he is a lying liar.

TCurtis, more wrong than right. But, he does not care, because he is a lying liar.
Nope. That isn’t wishing bad. That’s wishing misery. Saying I hope your wife cheats on you is wishing for happiness for her. Dying isn’t a bad thing either. We all have to die at some point.

From what I've read and heard on TV, she knew she was breaking the law in Russia.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Reactions: chroix
Absent a typo or two, my answer was clear (for most). You and the obsessed may be great fans of Griner, but I just generally know who she is. I realize now she might be an important figure to the woke and WNBA fans, but besides knowing she dunked the basketball (I think) and played at Baylor, I have not followed her career. I learned on this board she took a knee. Getting stereotyped as a conservative is typical from the obsessed and I have a lot of conservative views, but WNBA players (is she a star?) aren’t my thing. Yes or no.
Your answer and this post are anything but clear. You continue to dodge a simple question of whether you believer Brittney Griner hates America, and if you think she does, why do you think that. It is really a yes or no question on the front end, that you refuse to answer and then you throw out "woke" shit to rally support, but you have yet to answer a simple yes or no question. I'm interested if you will.

Reactions: TCurtis75
Your answer and this post are anything but clear. You continue to dodge a simple question of whether you believer Brittney Griner hates America, and if you think she does, why do you think that. It is really a yes or no question on the front end, that you refuse to answer and then you throw out "woke" shit to rally support, but you have yet to answer a simple yes or no question. I'm interested if you will.
This narrative and stupidity has reached new levels. I don’t really care one way or another, yet you seem to think I should have an opinion. Why? Because you do? What is it about my answer that has you confused? I don’t think I can dumb it down any more. If you have a political stick up your ass about Griner, so be it. But, that does not mean the rest of us have to. Join the ridiculously obsessed if you must. Don’t drag the rest of us in.

People who hate America have first amendment rights.
Off topic but I heard a story that I like but doubt its true.... Remember when the Westboro Church was protesting Soldier funerals? Well they were apparently going to one on the WV and KY border. They stopped at a hotel in KY the night before the funeral. The next morning all the tires on their bus were flat. They called every person in the phone book who could fix a tire and they were all closed that day. They tried to get people from neighboring counties to come fix the tires and they refused. They tried to get a rental or beg a ride but nobody was open or willing that day.

The funeral went on with no shenanigans and the next day a couple guys showed up and fixed their tires for free and gave them breakfast. They went home.

I know that probably didn't happen but damn I love small town stories like that.

From what I've read and heard on TV, she knew she was breaking the law in Russia.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

This narrative and stupidity has reached new levels. I don’t really care one way or another, yet you seem to think I should have an opinion. Why? Because you do? What is it about my answer that has you confused? I don’t think I can dumb it down any more. If you have a political stick up your ass about Griner, so be it. But, that does not mean the rest of us have to. Join the ridiculously obsessed if you must. Don’t drag the rest of us in.
I just don't understand why you can't answer a question. The thing about your opinion that has me confused is that you were asked a yes or no question and will not answer it. What keeps you from saying yes or no? Quit using the political agenda to defend everything you say. You were asked a simple question that you refuse to answer. Ask me a simple question and I will answer it.

I just don't understand why you can't answer a question. The thing about your opinion that has me confused is that you were asked a yes or no question and will not answer it. What keeps you from saying yes or no? Quit using the political agenda to defend everything you say. You were asked a simple question that you refuse to answer. Ask me a simple question and I will answer it.
Your inane obsession notwithstanding, I did answer the question.

It's OK, the left already moved on from this..

6y7ve2.jpg

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Only in America can someone who breaks the law be turned into the victim.
I just will never understand how any human actually wishes bad things happen to another human. Some of you, most in here sadly are openly wishing for bad things to happen to this woman because she is black, lesbian who is woke. So because of politics you want bad things to happen to her

Guess what?? Anyone who wishes bad on others they don't know, is a giant piece of shit. Period, end of argument
I don't wish anything bad on her but I also am not going to act like she should be excused for breaking another countries laws because she is an American, Black, a Lesbian or anything else. I mean the buzz word recently has been white privelidge but what kind of privelidge would that be considered?

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
Having messed around in foreign countries with drugs, you know what you’re doing and you know the potential penalties. If you don’t you’re probably too dumb to make it to a foreign country. Do the crime and get caught, shut your mouth and do the time.

Reactions: Gromcat
I find it quite odd that many on here constantly finds the actions of the DOJ, FBI, etc as suspicious and illegitimate yet they immediately believe that everything with the Russian legal system is on the up and up. I'm not saying BG isn't guilty. She probably is even though her sentence is ridiculous, IMO. I just can't believe those who question our own legal system takes the word of Russia without questions.

Reactions: Dore95
I’m a little different than most. Brittany was failed by our community. She was taught she was a victim, she was taught she is oppressed. She didn’t know these things until someone told her.

She’s a product of our higher education system. She wasn’t aware that she’s in the best country in the world for Black advancement.

Although I know it’s favoritism, I would work to bring her back like I would any American who’s been given extreme punishment overseas. We’re better than that. And once she arrives back I think it’s her duty to answer hard questions about her past thoughts on America versus today. It could do a lot for restructuring toward the idea of America in minority communities. And if she continues to lie about what this country is, then she needs to be told every day of her life she’s more than welcome to go back to Russia or move to Africa or any other country (Mexico where real racism is a culture toward blacks) and face real oppression, slavery, or genocide.

I find it quite odd that many on here constantly finds the actions of the DOJ, FBI, etc as suspicious and illegitimate yet they immediately believe that everything with the Russian legal system is on the up and up. I'm not saying BG isn't guilty. She probably is even though her sentence is ridiculous, IMO. I just can't believe those who question our own legal system takes the word of Russia without questions.

I get a lot of what you’re saying but she admitted it. There is zero doubt that she is guilty as she has acknowledged it herself.

On the legal system front, America is just as corrupt as Russia. I trust both like I trust a medical student from Puerto Rico.

That goes for all of them. FBI, DOJ, the higher and lower courts. We’ve turned into a judicial supremacy and do nothing but punish victims everyday and have a political party destroying our republic with corrupt judges and federal enforcement agencies. Don’t even get me started.

I don't think the punishment fits the crime here. I think Russia is being overly harsh on purpose because lets face it, the USA and Russia aren't exactly on the best of terms right now. That being said, it's Griner's responsibility along with her agent/manager and the Russian team representative that arranged for her to come to play in Russia to fully understand what is and what isn't permitted to be brought into the country.

I get a lot of what you’re saying but she admitted it. There is zero doubt that she is guilty as she has acknowledged it herself.
She admitted it on the advice of her attorney in the hopes of a lesser sentence. Like I said, she probably is guilty but just automatically believing Russian legal system seems a little much. I get just people are doing it and seemingly take joy in her situation strictly because of her political beliefs.

Reactions: CashM03
I think it’s ridiculous to lock anyone up for weed- but if you’re a weed smoker, you need to at least check your bag and be aware of the place you're flying into. I’d bet she could’ve asked someone to score her some weed when she got there to play.

I’ve smoked my fair share of weed, but I was never comfortable flying with it. Just too much that can go wrong.

Reactions: J_Dee
When you supported installing a corrupt, incompetent, world destabilizing regime like we now have in charge, you'd best not push your luck or expect any special treatment abroad. Especially in countries we are fighting against in a proxy war.

She admitted it on the advice of her attorney in the hopes of a lesser sentence. Like I said, she probably is guilty but just automatically believing Russian legal system seems a little much. I get just people are doing it and seemingly take joy in her situation strictly because of her political beliefs.
I really like “probably guilty” 75 😂🍺

I really like “probably guilty” 75 😂🍺
She is probably guilty. I won't take Russia's word for it or her pleading guilty at the suggestion of her attorney. You on the other hand can celebrate in someone else's hardship due to political beliefs like you have been. It says more about you than anything and makes you a big part of the social/political problems this country is facing today. That certainly is something to be proud of.

Reactions: CashM03
She is probably guilty. I won't take Russia's word for it or her pleading guilty at the suggestion of her attorney. You on the other hand can celebrate in someone else's hardship due to political beliefs like you have been. It says more about you than anything and makes you a big part of the social/political problems this country is facing today. That certainly is something to be proud of.
Keep poundin’ that sand 75 ! 😂🍺

No mirrors in your house?

The problem is you had a lot of the media (and leftists) making demands, accusations, and doing a lot of virtue signaling... sort of acting like this is the first time a professional athlete had been detained for breaking a law in another country. That's the wild thing a lot of people don't realize: this happens almost every year.

It seemed because she was a female, AND playing for the WNBA (which the media is trying SO hard to build up), AND queer... that this became more important than if it was someone else. You had people saying "if this was a man.." or "if this was Lebron".. "if she was straight ".. almost like who she was more deserving to be set free and we should all be trying harder.

I think that sparked a lot of the "patriotic" side to take pause, especially with her past comments on the US.

I do agree, I think.. like always.. the loudest on both sides turned this into a bigger debacle than it already was.

I already covered the political theater of this above. I'm not saying one side dug their heels and the other didn't.. but the left immediately pulled the race/gender/sexuality card with BG.. and that didn't sit well with people. Neither did attempting to exchange actual prisoners of war for an entertainer. A lot of us on the other side of the aisle said "what a second..".

I said in another post, I think all this outage (fake and real) from the liberals likely buried BG. If you didn't make such a fuss over this, I'm not sure Putin goes all in on this. Instead of working with Russia, it was an immediate demanding of progressives to let her go, right this instance.

It's unfortunate that repubs are celebrating (if we can call it that) over someone stuck in jail for a decade over weed.. but when the left started their attacks, defending someone who already slandered the US before.. it's hard not to do a victory lap here. Lesson learned.

Reactions: warrior-cat
I do feel sorry for Britney because it always is a sad day when you realize that your boat is actually just a leaky little rowboat in the middle of the great big ocean and there is a huge tsunami bearing down on you.
The only comical part of the whole situation is the people saying that she had to go to Russia because she couldn’t afford to live on what she made in the WNBA. She makes over $225K for a part-time job. If she just stayed in Phoenix, she could have stayed baked 24/7 legally.

Neither did attempting to exchange actual prisoners of war for an entertainer.
To add, that offer was totally from our side. That was our initial offer. That was the starting point.

Russia never made a counter offer.

Also, if Russia found any offer acceptable, the swap would've happened. Nobody had to vote on it, although Biden would have claimed that it passed by a vote or two.

• Love
Reactions: UK till Death
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT