ADVERTISEMENT

Britney Griner - What is your Opinion?

College#19

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2011
What was she thinking? If you are going to visit other countries you better be aware of their laws. To make matters worse she is a Lesbian and most Americans know that Russia doesn't have the same LGBT laws. People are executed for being gay in Russia. No doubt she is being targeted because she is a gay female american athlete.

Forbes released a report she might be part of a Prisoner Swap. Does she get any priority over U.S. Marine Mickey Bergman? Maybe she will be packaged up with Bergman in exchange for the Russian Arms Dealer the U.S. has in prison.

Given the War in Ukraine she might be in a Russian prison for a while.

Reactions: chroix
Couldn't stand her when she played at Florida, completely indifferent to her now.

97840674.jpeg

Lol this admin willingly left Americans in Afghanistan after they said they wouldn't and then tried forever to claim they didn't. And that was a planned operation.

You think they are going to put any effort into this?

Ppl can make claims bc of her race or that she's female or whatever, but the reality is, we only know about it bc she's an athlete...otherwise she'd probably be dead already and no one would know

If you travel, you’d better make yourself conscious of the laws and norms of that area. That’s in the states or abroad. I think it’s our government’s duty to stand up to foreign entities with unusually harsh penalties, but not for punishing our citizens in their land in a way that’s at least comparable to our rules in America.

I don’t have a real clear picture of what’s going on in Griners case, but we’ve got a few million people in America currently jailed for similar offenses.

Lol this admin willingly left Americans in Afghanistan after they said they wouldn't and then tried forever to claim they didn't. And that was a planned operation.

You think they are going to put any effort into this?

Ppl can make claims bc of her race or that she's female or whatever, but the reality is, we only know about it bc she's an athlete...otherwise she'd probably be dead already and no one would know

Don’t we only know about most people because they are athletes/famous/infamous?

Not the actual posting of it per se, but yeah seeing that seven (as of this post) Catpaw friends "liked" it gives me a small dopamine rush.
You cannot joke about Brittany!! Or, is it, your cannot joke about Joakim? Sorry, I cannot keep up with the joke police and what is and is not permitted.

But, I am sure, because of your sense of humor, “you are the worst.”

What was she thinking? If you are going to visit other countries you better be aware of their laws. To make matters worse she is a Lesbian and most Americans know that Russia doesn't have the same LGBT laws. People are executed for being gay in Russia. No doubt she is being targeted because she is a gay female american athlete.

Forbes released a report she might be part of a Prisoner Swap. Does she get any priority over U.S. Marine Mickey Bergman? Maybe she will be packaged up with Bergman in exchange for the Russian Arms Dealer the U.S. has in prison.

Given the War in Ukraine she might be in a Russian prison for a while.
People are EXECUTED for being gay in Russia? Seriously? No wonder the media finds it easy to whip up the Russia hate if people are already thinking this.

As for Griner, she'll be released in exchange for some Russian inmate in America, or she'll do a few more months and be released and deported, and will probably write a book about it.

It’s her own fault. Same as student loan squawkers and people who use abortion as birth control. No notion of responsibility.

The lack of appreciation for our country on her part doesn’t inspire me to think of her as a high priority.

It’s her own fault. Same as student loan squawkers and people who use abortion as birth control. No notion of responsibility.

The lack of appreciation for our country on her part doesn’t inspire me to think of her as a high priority.
1/6

Millions of people are not incarcerated for the same offense in this country.
Not for weed, and not for hash oil, either. However, if you are in an international airport with hash oil, under American jurisdiction, it's probably a problem if you are caught and a larger problem if you're not an American. Not necessarily a problem that will involve a prolonged period of incarnation but anyway, what is your point?

Last edited:
Meh. Maybe this is a lesson to her and others that America isn't the big bad evil empire many think it is.

Either way the only thing I don't want to see is us exchange an actual dangerous criminal for her return. Because then America just loses twice.

Meh. Maybe this is a lesson to her and others
If she face's the consequences from her own stupidity. What is America losing?
Billy Hayes had to do his time, didn't he?
He did a portion of his time and escaped and is something of an American hero for doing so. If Griner can manage the same, I'll give her the same respect. As it is, she'll be there a few more months, write a book, and blame it on the same country that she "knelt" for in the first place. Our fault, Putin fault, etc, not her own fault.

ADVERTISEMENT