ADVERTISEMENT

Britney Griner - What is your Opinion?

She made a mistake and I do see the humor in the fact that she criticized the country she now wants to intervene and save her, but the uber political patriots here and elsewhere online are just as annoying. We live in a great country that has plenty of flaws. We're not patriotic robots who should never talk about our checkered past or current wrongs we see. The same ones who flag emoji themselves to death on social media spent years spinning conspiracy theories about every branch of our government and I'm sorry, but this uber patriotism rings hollow when you're still cozying up to a guy who attempted to overturn an election and caused a redneck insurrection. Griner is probably an idiot, but I hate this notion that we're told we should never criticize our country from the same people who believe this country is awful when someone is POTUS they don't like.

Am I lighting prayer candles for Griner's return? No, but I also don't see the need for online vitriol against her either. The last thread about this situation brought out the worst in people here, from some saying to let her rot as if she's some murderer while other's took issue with her being a lesbian which lead to (once again) gay and trans bashing on this site.

Millions of people are not incarcerated for the same offense in this country.
There are definitely millions of people incarcerated in this country because of weed. While I recognize that the laws have generally softened, how many people are in prison on life sentences because of "three strike" laws, where at least one of their strikes was nothing more than weed?

She made a mistake and I do see the humor in the fact that she criticized the country she now wants to intervene and save her, but the uber political patriots here and elsewhere online are just as annoying. We live in a great country that has plenty of flaws. We're not patriotic robots who should never talk about our checkered past or current wrongs we see. The same ones who flag emoji themselves to death on social media spent years spinning conspiracy theories about every branch of our government and I'm sorry, but this uber patriotism rings hollow when you're still cozying up to a guy who attempted to overturn an election and caused a redneck insurrection. Griner is probably an idiot, but I hate this notion that we're told we should never criticize our country from the same people who believe this country is awful when someone is POTUS they don't like.

Am I lighting prayer candles for Griner's return? No, but I also don't see the need for online vitriol against her either. The last thread about this situation brought out the worst in people here, from some saying to let her rot as if she's some murderer while other's took issue with her being a lesbian which lead to (once again) gay and trans bashing on this site.
Laughing at anyone who thought that was an insurrection.

She made a mistake and I do see the humor in the fact that she criticized the country she now wants to intervene and save her

Griner is probably an idiot, but I hate this notion that we're told we should never criticize our country

Am I lighting prayer candles for Griner's return? No, but I also don't see the need for online vitriol against her either.

I took out the gaslighting and vitriol and edited your post to the actual subject of the thread so that I could just simply say, we agree.

Post one of the most agenda driven posters in this thread. Enjoy the humor. Your sense of levity is warped however.
Hello pot meet kettle. You’re just either too biased to admit it or too stupid to realize it. You post nothing that isn’t agenda driven so calling anyone else agenda driven is comical at best. I never said a thing about my posts. I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of you saying let less agenda driven people post. You might want to heed your own advice.

Reactions: Ed323232
Hello pot meet kettle. You’re just either too biased to admit it or too stupid to realize it. You post nothing that isn’t agenda driven so calling anyone else agenda driven is comical at best. I never said a thing about my posts. I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of you saying let less agenda driven people post. You might want to heed your own advice.
LOL, that was my point to you, and you proved it with this post. Thanks

You did not have to say anything about your posts, your message said it all.

My opinion is that she's getting hosed by a corrupt government that is hoping to trade her freedom for something it values from the US (probably Victor Bout)... and that she's an obnoxious idiot.

People really didn't understand the full ramifications of Lenin's phrase "useful idiots".

It ain't a good look to protest the national anthem and then later need DEVGRU or Delta to bust you out of a Russian prison, imo.

LOL, that was my point to you, and you proved it with this post. Thanks

You did not have to say anything about your posts, your message said it all.
my message pointed out your hypocrisy. If it wasn’t for double standards, you would have no standards at all. You continue to prove my point with each post you make. You are the most agenda driven poster on this board and it isn’t even close. You just don’t have the balls to admit it. You want to blame it on others.

I don't particularly care for her simply because of her anti American stance and nothing more, so let's get that out of the way right now.

She tried to sneak hash oil into Russia, which means she's not especially bright. I don't think she deserves 20 years, or to be tortured or anything, but she should do some time. She can then be released via some package deal the two govt's work out.

😆 😆 😆

Brilliant! Congrats! It’s everyone you disagree with and not you. Funny how that works out. Good job!

(but you did lie or live a boring life with dull friends and family)
That’s just it. You say I’m agenda driven because we have different beliefs. You don’t think warrior (I used that term extremely loosely) or yourself is agenda driven because you share the same beliefs. The truth is every single person on this board is agenda driven. That’s the entire point of a message board. You post to share your opinion which is a person’s agenda. We all are agenda driven here. I’m honest enough to admit it. You and warrior aren’t and that’s your weakness. Again you either are too biased or too stupid to realize it. I’m happy with my “boring life with dull friends and family”. You lack the wherewithal to realize yours is just the same. So go ahead and keep you head buried in the sand or up warrior’s ass whichever you prefer.

She tried to sneak hash oil into Russia, which means she's not especially bright. I don't think she deserves 20 years, or to be tortured or anything, but she should do some time. She can then be released via some package deal the two govt's work out.
I don't trust the Russians in any capacity so she could have been framed and who even knows what's in a CBD cartridge anyway. Are you going to bet your freedom on the results of a Russian toxicology test? I'm sure as f*** not.

The war in the Ukraine was telegraphed 6 months in advance. Being a prominent American who was merely present and doing absolutely anything that could lead to criminal prosecution in Russia in February 2022 was truly and utterly stupid beyond belief. She's still an American and we ought to do what we can for her but we can't intervene in another country's criminal justice system unless it is a true travesty, which is unclear at this point even if we wouldn't prosecute the same crime here.

That said, it is sad that she's where she's at. There is irony that someone protesting America now needs the federal power of the USG to not spend a decade in Siberia but I don't think reveling in that fact is particularly wholesome either.

That’s just it. You say I’m agenda driven because we have different beliefs.

Where did I say that?

You don’t think warrior (I used that term extremely loosely) or yourself is agenda driven because you share the same beliefs.

Where did I say anything about agenda driven posting?

The truth is every single person on this board is agenda driven.

Why are you so angry, then?

That’s the entire point of a message board. You post to share your opinion which is a person’s agenda. We all are agenda driven here. I’m honest enough to admit it. You and warrior aren’t and that’s your weakness.

If you believe everyone is agenda driven, why do you consider it a virtue to admit it? Why do you care? How does that make your agenda better?
Again you either are too biased or too stupid to realize it.

I know these are the only two choices you can think of, but don’t you get tired of saying it over and over. 😆

I’m happy with my “boring life with dull friends and family”. You lack the wherewithal to realize yours is just the same. So go ahead and keep you head buried in the sand or up warrior’s ass whichever you prefer.
I doubt my life is the same, as I have already experienced funnier things this weekend than the comment you said was the funniest you would hear all weekend. Laugh TC. You really really need it. (I am still suffering from Covid and I can laugh)

Reactions: warrior-cat
I don't trust the Russians in any capacity so she could have been framed and who even knows what's in a CBD cartridge anyway. Are you going to bet your freedom on the results of a Russian toxicology test? I'm sure as f*** not.

The war in the Ukraine was telegraphed 6 months in advance. Being a prominent American who was merely present and doing absolutely anything that could lead to criminal prosecution in Russia in February 2022 was truly and utterly stupid beyond belief. She's still an American and we ought to do what we can for her but we can't intervene in another country's criminal justice system unless it is a true travesty, which is unclear at this point even if we wouldn't prosecute the same crime here.

That said, it is sad that she's where she's at. There is irony that someone protesting America now needs the federal power of the USG to not spend a decade in Siberia but I don't think reveling in that fact is particularly wholesome either.

This is not a pressing issue for me. I don’t want to see any American in a Russian jail. I also don’t want to see us again swap someone dangerous to our country for someone being held hostage. I, however, believe it completely likely that Griner was not framed. Her family reported she had a doctor note for the drugs. I don’t know if that is an exception under Russian law, but it and her guilty plea inform that the charges are probably legit.

I will add that people early on called it CBD oil, but reporting has suggested it was a THC substance.

My only question is why does she deserve more support or effort than if any single poster on this board had done the same thing. Would the government get involved? Its not because she is famous for being a WNBA player why she is getting attention, unfortunately its because of politics. The left needs to support her because she supports their ideas the right has to be against her for the same reason. In reality, if she was Joe Blow not a single person outside her family would know what was even going on. Thats my problem with this whole thing. Had I got busted for the EXACT same thing, would millions of people be petitioning the WH for a swap of political prisoners? I think not.

my message pointed out your hypocrisy. If it wasn’t for double standards, you would have no standards at all. You continue to prove my point with each post you make. You are the most agenda driven poster on this board and it isn’t even close. You just don’t have the balls to admit it. You want to blame it on others.
So, you admit to being a hypocrite? I am surprised. But, have you ever had an original post or point? "I know you are but what am I" type post shows a lack of having anything else to say.

Posted by one of the most agenda driven posters in this thread. Enjoy the humor. Your sense of levity is warped however.
Um, yeah. This is your yearly reminder that you proudly stated in the political thread multiple times that you'd like to shoot liberals. You weren't banned for that crap but everyone here should know when you're talking out of your ass. Do I think you're an awful person in real life? No, but with your warped history of posting, you should probably stay in your lane and not accuse others of being warped. These boards are public, hoss. We all know who the nuts are here. Everyone has an online persona. Yours is "elderly former military guy who boasted about wanting to shoot liberals in the streets".

Should the lunatics here be pointed out occasionally? I think so.

Um, yeah. This is your yearly reminder that you proudly stated in the political thread multiple times that you'd like to shoot liberals. You weren't banned for that crap but everyone here should know when you're talking out of your ass. Do I think you're an awful person in real life? No, but with your warped history of posting, you should probably stay in your lane and not accuse others of being warped. These boards are public, hoss. We all know who the nuts are here. Everyone has an online persona. Yours is "elderly former military guy who boasted about wanting to shoot liberals in the streets".

Put him on ignore. Best move I’ve ever made. He’s sick.

So, you admit to being a hypocrite? I am surprised. But, have you ever had an original post or point? "I know you are but what am I" type post shows a lack of having anything else to say.
What’s your next argument? I’m rubber and you’re glue? That’s about the tops of your intellectual ability it appears.

there is nothing hypocritical in any of my posts. I never stated that I wasn’t agenda driven. You on the other had said to let less agenda driven people on this board speak and everyone knows you meant yourself when you are anything but less agenda driven. That’s the hypocrisy. You are just too ego driven to acknowledge it.

Reactions: Ed323232
She does not deserve to be locked in a Russian prison.
It appears she does. But, it also appears that she won’t serve her term. She pleaded guilty to a Russian crime. So, there is little doubt she deserves a Russian penalty. I suspect that once she is home, we will hear the defense she was evidently unwilling to present to the Russian body. Nevertheless, pleading guilty leads to justifiable punishment, unless she was somehow coerced.

I would ask whether she is more credible than the Russian authorities. I am not sure she is.

I would ask whether she is more credible than the Russian authorities. I am not sure she is.

And I find Brittney Grinner to be a histrionic fool.

Are you a Russian bot? The Russian government (after the Chicoms) might be the least credible entity in the world.

Man why does Ed just have to be an insufferable jerk that ruins all threads he partakes in? If there was ever a poster this board would be better off without, it’s Ed.

The amazing part is it is not just politics. We all agree there will be disagreements there, but it’s EVERY topic with this guy. He has the wrong and crazy stance on literally every topic he posts on

Man why does Ed just have to be an insufferable jerk that ruins all threads he partakes in? If there was ever a poster this board would be better off without, it’s Ed.

The amazing part is it is not just politics. We all agree there will be disagreements there, but it’s EVERY topic with this guy. He has the wrong and crazy stance on literally every topic he posts on
He is a hit and run baiter. Doesn’t have much substance. Just trolls. Best blocked.

Hey, when Brittany comes home and spins a story we have never yet heard, you can believe her. Brittany bot? ;)
She's in a Russian jail. Say whatever the hell you have to get home. Lie. Lie your ass off. Tell them whatever.

She should absolutely and 100% lie until she gets home.

If you're trying to say that the statement of someone in Russian custody is less credible than whatever acronym the KGB goes by now, you're simply wrong. Neither is going to be the truth but only one person has a metaphorical or literal gun to her head. Good Lord. You're smarter than this.

Reactions: jameslee32
What’s your next argument? I’m rubber and you’re glue? That’s about the tops of your intellectual ability it appears.

there is nothing hypocritical in any of my posts. I never stated that I wasn’t agenda driven. You on the other had said to let less agenda driven people on this board speak and everyone knows you meant yourself when you are anything but less agenda driven. That’s the hypocrisy. You are just too ego driven to acknowledge it.
False. LOL, you have serious lack of comprehension skills. It was not me who was using that kind response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cawood86

Yeah, was not banned because it was tongue in cheek as stated before and apologized for going overboard but, you knew that anyway taking it out of context because it was during all of the civil war talk. Don't need you reminding me because your posting style has been no better over the years so you should take your own advice. You generally stalk the posters you don't like so...

Reactions: Cawood86
ADVERTISEMENT