ADVERTISEMENT

Breakout player(s) predictions

screwduke1

All-American
Jul 29, 2016
Who are some players that you think will have break out seasons this year for UK?

Offense - Young, Stallings, King, Baker, Riggs, Ross

Defense - Ware, K. Daniel (double entry!), E. Brown, Middleton, A Bell

Nice list and it doesn't include our first year players that could also include some big contributors.

Reactions: cat888
Tavin Richardson
Kayuane Ross
AJ Rose

Kash Daniel
TJ Carter
Darius West

Really, there's a few more that I think will have breakout seasons. I think Bowden & Clevan Thomas will both make big impacts as true freshmen on the offensive side. Same for Paschal & Ajian on defense, although it'll be a little tougher for them to get on the field.

I will add another with a couple of if n qualifiers,, if he is still on the team in the fall and if he is needed, Drew Barker. Kid still has talent, lots of it imo!

Tavin Richardson
Kayuane Ross
AJ Rose

Kash Daniel
TJ Carter
Darius West

Really, there's a few more that I think will have breakout seasons. I think Bowden & Clevan Thomas will both make big impacts as true freshmen on the offensive side. Same for Paschal & Ajian on defense, although it'll be a little tougher for them to get on the field.
I'm really rooting for D. West. Would have put him on my list but sounds like he's been a little rusty but if he gets back to full speed he will be a difference maker. Still remember Stoops saying at one time he may be the most talented guy on the team.

Jordan Griffin may be the best corner on the team. Going to be huge this season.

Tavin Richardson
Kayuane Ross
AJ Rose

Kash Daniel
TJ Carter
Darius West

Is West even healthy?

Is West even healthy?

Yeah, he's practicing. But, as Deeeefense mentioned, he's shaking off the rust, according to Stoops. My prediction is based on the assumption he gets thru Spring & Fall healthy & gets every rep possible. My short-term memory is crap lately but I KNOW I read in at least a couple practice reports last week that he was running with the ones & twos. Also saw a short video of Baity talking about his toughness & resiliency. I'm pretty sure he & Edwards were neck & neck for that starting spot when he got hurt last year. Can't help but to be gun shy with guys coming off multiple knee injuries but I'm really rooting for him. If he DOES make it to September with no setbacks & returns to form, he's a huge addition to the defense.

Reactions: Deeeefense
Lynn Bowden. The dude is so explosive. Gonna be used all over the field. Returning kicks, running sweeps, running routes, probably even throwin some bombs. I can't wait to see this kid play!

I'm only going to pick one on each side of the ball. On offense I'll go with Rose, and defense I'm going to go with Cross.

Tavin Richardson and TJ Carter. Richardson only had 9 catches i think he triples that total. Carter looks to be a starter on the dline.

ADVERTISEMENT