ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Breaking down UK's recent football offers (3/21)

It appears we are going into the Deep South a little more for prospects and that is a good thing in my opinion. I like what I see from that list.

It appears we are going into the Deep South a little more for prospects and that is a good thing in my opinion. I like what I see from that list.
Agree but it would help the cause mightily if UK can beat some of those Deep South teams(read UF, UGA, etc).

Reactions: Ky grandpa

Marietta is fast becoming THE school to attend to play football. They will have as many as 15 kids sign P5 scholarships over the next couple of classes, could be more depending who transfers in. On the list is maybe the number 1 qb for 20, Max Wrey who signed with tOSU in Dec just transferred in, BJ Ojulari's who is projected to be a top 25 kid had a brother sign with UGA in Dec, another kid signed with ND, I know not a P5 but still. Not too long ago Marietta was struggling to have a winning record. Cobb County isn't producing like Gwinette County in Georgia, but a number of large schools in the county and Marietta seems to be wanting a state championship.

A small sample may be creating this impression. Websites that try to display UK’s current offers would give the impression that UK’s coaches are recruiting very actively out of state in Ohio, Michigan, Maryland, Missouri, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Florida. So, similar to last year, but also with some new recruiting territory added by Coach Smith.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Marietta is fast becoming THE school to attend to play football. They will have as many as 15 kids sign P5 scholarships over the next couple of classes, could be more depending who transfers in. On the list is maybe the number 1 qb for 20, Max Wrey who signed with tOSU in Dec just transferred in, BJ Ojulari's who is projected to be a top 25 kid had a brother sign with UGA in Dec, another kid signed with ND, I know not a P5 but still. Not too long ago Marietta was struggling to have a winning record. Cobb County isn't producing like Gwinette County in Georgia, but a number of large schools in the county and Marietta seems to be wanting a state championship.

Can UK fans imagine having that much talent in state, let alone at one school?

A small sample may be creating this impression. Websites that try to display UK’s current offers would give the impression that UK’s coaches are recruiting very actively out of state in Ohio, Michigan, Maryland, Missouri, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Florida. So, similar to last year, but also with some new recruiting territory added by Coach Smith.
It looks like their trying to dip into North Carolina also.

Can UK fans imagine having that much talent in state, let alone at one school?

Well all of them didn't start out at that one school, or even in the state of Georgia. But Marietta is new to being a "magnet" school. Justin Fields was only a few miles up the road last year. But so many schools in the area.

Not really new. Kengera Daniel is from North Carolina. But we have never made a large recruiting commitment there, and I don’t know if that’s going to happen now. It looks like the most recent moves involving more resources are in Michigan, Missouri, Louisiana.

Not really new. Kengera Daniel is from North Carolina. But we have never made a large recruiting commitment there, and I don’t know if that’s going to happen now. It looks like the most recent moves involving more resources are in Michigan, Missouri, Louisiana.

Thread killer.

You have spoken, so now we know everything about everything.

Since you have used it on about four of my posts thought I would return the favor.

Kinda amazing how much recruiting progress Eddie Gran has been making in south FL.

North Carolina produces some top level talent, not as many as some states, but some very good kids, number 1 kid in the country is in NC this cycle, had the number 2 last year I believe alone with 2-3 other top 100 kids, and they seem willing to leave the state even with all the P5 schools there. Establishing a presence there would be a big deal.

Reactions: Oak_Hill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT