ADVERTISEMENT

Branham And Graf Both Log Predictions For Kentucky To Land 2023 4* C Ugonna Kingsley.

Kinda hope he doesn't reclassify and stays in 2023. Probably won't get alot of run on this year's team and then could go into the draft after the season on just potential. Is much more of a need for 2023.
I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I would like to have him locked up for next season with Dillingham and Sheppard. That’s a good trio to build a recruiting class around. On the other hand, I would like to have a shot blocker, rim protector type on this team. I’m not sure we really have a player to play that role. Collins and Toppin could potentially, but haven’t really shown that they can fill that role yet. I guess either way, I’m okay with it, as long as he is a Cat and actually plays for us.

I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I would like to have him locked up for next season with Dillingham and Sheppard. That’s a good trio to build a recruiting class around. On the other hand, I would like to have a shot blocker, rim protector type on this team. I’m not sure we really have a player to play that role. Collins and Toppin could potentially, but haven’t really shown that they can fill that role yet. I guess either way, I’m okay with it, as long as he is a Cat and actually plays for us.
Is he worth losing Bradshaw for? I have no idea looking for outside opinions.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Kinda hope he doesn't reclassify and stays in 2023. Probably won't get alot of run on this year's team and then could go into the draft after the season on just potential. Is much more of a need for 2023.
I don’t know of any intention to do this but he’s old enough for next year’s NBA draft and goes to Putnam Science Academy… If that rings a bell it’s because Hami went there and almost pulled off the first none and done but in theory could’ve just went straight from PSA. When kids “graduate” for some of these prep schools that offer post graduate programs can be a little confusing.
Usually happens after the peach jam. There were rumors that he might. I'd absolutely love to add his defensive presence to our existing team.
You’re absolutely right. In Ugonna’s case he plays on the Adidas circuit so won’t be in Peach Jam but they have multiple big events in July he’ll presumably attend.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Usually happens after the peach jam. There were rumors that he might. I'd absolutely love to add his defensive presence to our existing team.
Why?

1. He can only play C...and Oscar is going to get 32+ mpg this year. Isn't Ware and maybe some Collins hopping down to C at times plenty enough to absorb 8 minutes a night
2. The main spot we need for this year's team is an upgrade at PG.....Dillingham would be more than welcome IMO to push Wheeler back in minutes.

I'd like to keep him for 2023-24 season all the way.

Why?

1. He can only play C...and Oscar is going to get 32+ mpg this year. Isn't Ware and maybe some Collins hopping down to C at times plenty enough to absorb 8 minutes a night
2. The main spot we need for this year's team is an upgrade at PG.....Dillingham would be more than welcome IMO to push Wheeler back in minutes.

Injuries and depth. Most other contenders have multiple players who can come in if one or more of your starters have foul trouble or injuries. I shudder to think what our team would look like if Oscar were to face an injury this season.

Injuries and depth. Most other contenders have multiple players who can come in if one or more of your starters have foul trouble or injuries. I shudder to think what our team would look like if Oscar were to face an injury this season.
If Tshiebwe goes down for the season, we are in trouble no matter who we have as a backup.

Reactions: Cawood86 and K_TIME
Why?

I’m doubting Dillingham has much impact on Wheeler’s minutes. Cal loves Wheeler at PG. Dillingham probably backs up Wheeler at PG and plays some at the 2. Dillingham probably impacts Fredrick and Reeves minutes more than anyone else’s minutes.

There's no indication this would hurt with Bradshaw. Several reasons for that. Let's see how things end up and I like where Cats are with Bradshaw now too.
Ralph I’m seeing random rumors on Facebook today that last year Banchero committed to UK on his visit just like Cade and later retracted it just like Cade. Is there anything to this or just classic baseless internet speculation?

Ralph I’m seeing random rumors on Facebook today that last year Banchero committed to UK on his visit just like Cade and later retracted it just like Cade. Is there anything to this or just classic baseless internet speculation?
I'll leave that to people who know about the OV stuff. I could believe it, the issue being Paolo was also a JR when he took the OV so it's not like he was in same class as Cade, so why they'd be giddy over this is odd--but Justus was on staff and if you winked at him he thought you were coming.

Cade Cunningham was one that Cal thought he could overcome a lot against him and almost did....but didn't end up that way. At no point behind the scenes had it been expected for him to be at UK. Banchero--the fact UK wasn't mentioned as a runner up even...and then took Nolan Hickman thinking that would help and Hickman ended up bailing due to distance--aka TyTy recruited over him.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
If he joined for next season i doubt he’d play much if at all based off Oscar/Ware and Collins. Would be a great practice guy tho and him and Bradshaw could both ball the following season.

Been saying that for months. Wheeler and Oscar need capable backups.

I’m doubting Dillingham has much impact on Wheeler’s minutes. Cal loves Wheeler at PG. Dillingham probably backs up Wheeler at PG and plays some at the 2. Dillingham probably impacts Fredrick and Reeves minutes more than anyone else’s minutes.
Please be wrong. Wheeler is a liability if teams back off and force him to shoot. They will not do that with Dillingham.

Reactions: WildcatDJ and BBUK
Please be wrong. Wheeler is a liability if teams back off and force him to shoot. They will not do that with Dillingham.
How many years does Wheeler have yet to play? I thought this upcoming year was his last.

Dillingham isn’t even 18 yet. He won’t turn 18 until midway through the season (January). It will be asking a lot for him to come in and put a dent in the minutes of a Senior four year D-1 starter. I would love to see it happen, but it is very doubtful.

I think there is a slighly better chance that Wallace steals the PG spot.

Still, I am expecting 30 minutes of Wheeler. I am hoping he has improved his shooting enough to make teams pay for playing off him.

If Dillingham reclassified, I bet Cal would run a three guard lineup of Wheeler, Dillingham, and Wallace by March.

I know we love our shooting lineups, but Cal preferred the Fox, Monk, Briscoe trio (only one shooter) when he had better shooters like Mulder on the bench. Cal's going to play the best players.

Dillingham is not a great shooter, but he's decent. Wallace is a pretty good shooter. Start the game with those three, and you always have Fredrick and Reeves to bust up zones and give you 15 to 22 minutes a game off the bench.

If Dillingham reclassified, I bet Cal would run a three guard lineup of Wheeler, Dillingham, and Wallace by March.

I know we love our shooting lineups, but Cal preferred the Fox, Monk, Briscoe trio (only one shooter) when he had better shooters like Mulder on the bench. Cal's going to play the best players.

Dillingham is not a great shooter, but he's decent. Wallace is a pretty good shooter. Start the game with those three, and you always have Fredrick and Reeves to bust up zones and give you 15 to 22 minutes a game off the bench.
I think Cal will bring Dillingham along slowly, if he reclasses. He isn’t even 18 yet.

Dillingham isn’t even 18 yet. He won’t turn 18 until midway through the season (January). It will be asking a lot for him to come in and put a dent in the minutes of a Senior four year D-1 starter. I would love to see it happen, but it is very doubtful.

I think there is a slighly better chance that Wallace steals the PG spot.

Still, I am expecting 30 minutes of Wheeler. I am hoping he has improved his shooting enough to make teams pay for playing off him.
I don't think Dillingham reclasses nor should he imo at that age.

Wheeler should have lived in the gym shooting. Sure hope he did. Teams know that's the weakness for the offense, force him to shoot.

Cal should gave another point guard on this team and not rely on Wallace to play two positions. Wheeler doesn’t need to play 35 plus minutes per game. Cal is a moron.

Cal should gave another point guard on this team and not rely on Wallace to play two positions. Wheeler doesn’t need to play 35 plus minutes per game. Cal is a moron.
Wallace is a combo guard which means he will probably play 8-10 minutes at the point
we have 5 players that 120 minutes is going to have to be divided between them
we have 80 minutes that 4 players are going to have to divide with Oscar getting about 35 minutes of those
that is not even counting the minutes Thiero may or may not get

where would the minutes come from with another true pg

I expect a 30/10 split between Wheeler and Wallace at the 1 spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT