ADVERTISEMENT

BRANDON HUNTLEY-HATFIELD - City of Palms (Dec 2019)

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
(Dec 2019) BRANDON HUNTLEY-HATFIELD – IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL) – 2019 City of Palms Tournament. 247Sports has Brandon as 100% to UK, but he is only a Soph, so there is a long way to go. 2022 class. 6’10’(???); 225 lbs; SF; Ranked #9, 5-star by 247Sports. Beat Fort Myers (Fort Myers, FL) 81-48. Beat St. Francis Academy (Baltimore, MD) 80-55. Beat Gonzaga College H. S. (Washington, DC) 76-67. Lost to Montverde Academy (Montverde, FL) 63-55 in the tournament championship. IMG Academy is, and has been, one of the national powerhouses, while Montverde is THE powerhouse. For the Tournament, Brandon scored 2-2-12-5. Rebounds 1-2-3-11. Hit 8-14 FG’s and 3-4 3’s. Had 7 assists and 2 TO’s. I have never seen him before, so I watched him a lot during warm ups and he was knocking down a lot of 3’s from the right wing. I don’t believe the tournament’s program listing 6’10” tall, looking more like 247Sports stat of 6’8”. He didn’t play much in game 1, played a little more in game 2, but not much, and played a lot in game 3 when IMG’s 7’1” Mark Williams (Duke) sat a lot because he couldn’t stay with the smaller Gonzaga line up, 6’7” Terrence Williams in particular (Georgetown de-commit; Michigan commit). I was impressed with Brandon’s hustle and fighting on D. Poised for a Soph and doesn’t try to make the game harder. Stays within himself. Didn’t see anything that I didn’t like. Would like to have seen more minutes from him, but a Soph is just not going to get a lot of minutes on IMG. If he improves as much as one might expect from a Soph, I would not be surprised to see him re-classify next year. A perfect Calipari player!

ADVERTISEMENT