ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Stevens - Celtics

He's never coaching college again...period. 2 years ago he was considered a top 5 NBA coach by peers/players, now you can argue he's #2 behind Pop.

I’m not quite ready to dub him the next Phil Jackson but for those contending that he’s never won anything, who on earth could have won a championship with those Butler teams or an nba title with the current Celtics roster? They’re a pretty good team but they ain’t the Warriors. I’m really impressed with the job he’s done.

Everyone remembers the 2010 national champion game run that Butler had with Hayward but what is the most impressive to me was the 2011 run to the title game without him as an eight seed. HOW CRAZY IS THAT? I wish he could have won one of those.

Reactions: EliteBlue
So is Steven's not liked? Has to be something there since he got ZERO COY votes from his peers.

So is Steven's not liked? Has to be something there since he got ZERO COY votes from his peers.

That was embarrassing. Seems the coaches wanted to reward Casey for finally winning a regular season in the East. But come on man, somebody actually voted for Doc Rivers but no one voted for Stevens?? They're a bunch of jealous bitches.

I’m not quite ready to dub him the next Phil Jackson but for those contending that he’s never won anything, who on earth could have won a championship with those Butler teams or an nba title with the current Celtics roster? They’re a pretty good team but they ain’t the Warriors. I’m really impressed with the job he’s done.
He kissed playing g Chess... While the rest of the former NBA players... I.E Rivers, McMillan, Walton, Lee, and Gentry

He's a great coach, loses Hayward and Kyrie and is about to go to the Eastern Conference Finals. Took Butler to two title games. We always talk about who we would and wouldn’t want if Cal ever left, he’d be my number one choice, but he wouldn’t leave Boston for a college job now, IMO.
Now he's 5th in the East with the most talented team.

Don’t see him leaving Boston but he’s the one I would love to have when Cal is gone.

Hmmmm... successfully coach one of the greatest NBA franchises

OR

Spend my time following NCAA rules and begging teenagers to play for me
Stevens has flat out said he really enjoys the NBA because he can concentrate solely on coaching. He will never coach another college game. If the Celtics fire him, 10 NBA teams will be lined up to hire him.

Wow, the reverence for a coach has won nothing but a Horizon League championship is truly sickening.
He took Butler...B U T L E R... to the NCAA championship game twice. There’s always a fluke team that gets further than expected, but two years in a row isn’t a fluke. He had them playing big boy basketball and elevated Butler to another level.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I do find it amazing that some people who have won nothing gets constantly praised and some get slammed. There’s a political component in there.

So you went back almost a year to find an old thread just to take a shot at Brad Stevens?
Wow, you get super butthurt and start crying whenever someone brings something up from the past. Stop being a weirdo and a crybaby, if you don't like it ignore it. This reminds of the time you started whining because I called Jahlil Okafor a bust. What normal UK whines about that except for you and mouth breather Frank Underwood?

BTW, there's a search function at the top of the page, you don't have to "go back a year" to find posts about any subject, I takes seconds. I don't know why I have to explain this to you every time you start crying.

Last edited:
He knows very very little about the NBA.
You know very little about anything. You're easily the dumbest poster on Cats Illustrated. That's why you can never give a normal response and reply to a thread. You post emojis and ask dumb questions, you don't even have the ability to coherently state your opinion on the subject.

Now he's 5th in the East with the most talented team.
Sixers and Raptors for sure have more talent and the Bucks probably do too. Kyrie DNP'ed 10 games and missed the 2nd half of their last game is probably won't play their last 2 before the all star break so that's basically missing 25% of the season for your best player. Hayward is terrible, Tatum has had the sophomore slump, Brown has not been good, Horford has missed 11 games. Honestly Marcus Morris has been their 2nd best player behind Irving this year. Seems like maybe you just don't watch the NBA much or at least don't know what's going on with the Celtics. Stevens is still widely revered as one of the 2 or 3 best coaches in the league by a wide margin.

Sixers and Raptors for sure have more talent and the Bucks probably do too. Kyrie DNP'ed 10 games and missed the 2nd half of their last game is probably won't play their last 2 before the all star break so that's basically missing 25% of the season for your best player. Hayward is terrible, Tatum has had the sophomore slump, Brown has not been good, Horford has missed 11 games. Honestly Marcus Morris has been their 2nd best player behind Irving this year. Seems like maybe you just don't watch the NBA much or at least don't know what's going on with the Celtics. Stevens is still widely revered as one of the 2 or 3 best coaches in the league by a wide margin.
What season hasnt Kyrie missed 10+ games? Kawhi Leonard has missed like 15 games, Kyle Lowry 10+, and Fred Van Vleet missed half the season so far. The Sixers have had the most talent for exactly 1 game and the Raptors likely still don't, that why the Celtics an almost unanimous pick to win the East. It's almost like you're clueless just like when you called Karl Towns soft but couldn't say how he was soft, you just repeated what you heard others say.

Last edited:
Hes still making the playoffs...

He doesnt have the best team in the east either

Hes also made it to the conference finals the past 2 years...could do it again this year

Stevens is a good coach, but he’s not inventing the wheel.

There are lots of good basketball minds. The college game is about relentless recruiting and then being able to hang onto guys for more than a year.

The only way Brad Stevens leaves the Celtics for anything are either - a.) Hes forced out of there, which we know wont be happening anytime soon, or b.) He leaves for another NBA gig.

Stevens is a good coach, but he’s not inventing the wheel.

There are lots of good basketball minds. The college game is about relentless recruiting and then being able to hang onto guys for more than a year.
Oh yeah...what offense did he run at butler?

No one is reinventing anything in what's been around for as long as it has. But teaching is a big part of the game at the college level, and implementing a plan and then watching them execute (since they should already have been taught) at the next.

Oh yeah...what offense did he run at butler?

No one is reinventing anything in what's been around for as long as it has. But teaching is a big part of the game at the college level, and implementing a plan and then watching them execute (since they should already have been taught) at the next.

Yeah, like I said, Stevens is really good, some seem to think he’s got some secret stuff that no one else knows about.

College coaches are the kings of their castle if you’re good you have a job for life. Two bad seasons in the pros and you’re on the hot seat I’d rather be K or Nick Saban than any coach in the nfl or nba

ADVERTISEMENT