ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Stevens - Celtics

ZZBlueComet

All-American
Feb 4, 2009
Lexington, KY
He's a great coach, loses Hayward and Kyrie and is about to go to the Eastern Conference Finals. Took Butler to two title games. We always talk about who we would and wouldn’t want if Cal ever left, he’d be my number one choice, but he wouldn’t leave Boston for a college job now, IMO.

He's a great coach, loses Hayward and Kyrie and is about to go to the Eastern Conference Finals. Took Butler to two title games. We always talk about who we would and wouldn’t want if Cal ever left, he’d be my number one choice, but he wouldn’t leave Boston for a college job now, IMO.
He seems to be a brilliant basketball mind. Love his play calling after timeouts especially. He's the real deal.

Reactions: d2atTech and stuway
Hopefully any/all nonsense Duke fans (and others) state about Stevens replacing K when he retires will be put to rest since there is ZERO chance that ever happens..................

I just hope that someday U.K. makes Brad Stevens an offer to make him the highest paid coach in college basketball.

Stevens is the best at drawing up inbounds plays I've ever seen. I always noticed this about his Butler teams, and it's been the same damn thing with the Celtics: it's AMAZING how consistently his teams do exactly the right thing coming out of a timeout.

The dude just has an innate understanding of what his opponents are gonna do defensively and always knows exactly what to call to exploit it. If he'd gone the football route, he could've been a brilliant offensive coordinator/playcaller.

Last edited:
Stevens is never going to coach another college game. He'll be in the NBA for life just based on what he's done last year and this year

I have no idea what the future holds for Brad Stevens, but you gotta figure at some point he asks someone to write him a check.

Cal makes more than double what Stevens makes. Maybe he’ll be in Boston forever, but outside of Pop, who sticks around with one team forever? And SA pays Pop $11 million per. I don’t know.

Dude obviously earns his paycheck. Pretty cool when they interviewed Horford after the game and when asked about the inbounds play he said it went exactly as drawn up to a t. Also said Stevens draws up plays all the time and he’s basically like “wtf is this?”, but they work every time.

Look if Brad Stevens come here I'll be elated but at this point it would cost 15 mill a season. UK could pay that, but they won't

Coach Stevens is a fantastic coach and doing very well in Boston but check back in 4 years. He may not be as happy or revered in Boston and might be looking to return to the college ranks.

He's the golden boy of the NBA coaching circles. He's coaching the Celtics, one of the two biggest NBA franchises. He's having tremendous success despite injuries.

IMO, every fan of any fan base who spends more than 2 seconds dreaming about Stevens as their next coach is a complete fool.

Pretty much....in fact, I'd go as far as to say that any coach who is having success in the NBA would have to be clinically insane to want to step down to the college level to coach. Billy Donovan has commented on how "great it is to just coach basketball". Stevens will likely move into the Popp and Doc Rivers income bracket on his next contract. The dude is cool as a cucumber and very professional. Looks like he's been coaching in the NBA for decades.

Coach Stevens is a fantastic coach and doing very well in Boston but check back in 4 years. He may not be as happy or revered in Boston and might be looking to return to the college ranks.

He's a basketball savant. If Boston ever lets him go, there are 29 other NBA teams that will hire him.

He's like Gregg Popovich. He will NEVER return to the college sidelines.

Reactions: JDHoss and TM2013
Wow, the reverence for a coach has won nothing but a Horizon League championship is truly sickening.

Reactions: thornie1
Why are coaches judged by the quality of their inbounds plays on this board but little else is mentioned? Is it because the inbounds play is the easiest to quantify for fans? When discussing Cal the detractors mention inbounds plays as if that all there is and now it’s Stevens inbounds plays that are so good. If teams ran inbounds plays under the basket all game then that would be significant.

Some coaches like the college game more. Did you know that Pitino left the Knicks for Kentucky? I don't see why that is dumb to you.

Pitino was also not very good as the Knicks head coach. Brad will not be returning to college any time soon (or ever really)
He’s been widely successful during his time in the NBA, and even if he doesn’t stay with the Celtics (which he’s doing an amazing job with them ) someone else will snag him up.

It’s not quite as delusional when IU fans were saying they had a legit chance at landing him (lol) but to even consider the possibility of him coming here to coach (or anywhere in college ) after Cal retires will only leave you disappointed.

Not happening

Last edited:
Reactions: JC CATS and TM2013
ADVERTISEMENT