ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Calipari

wobycat

Sophomore
Sep 1, 2003
I know he saw mop up time this year but I'm not familiar with his game.
Could he have went somewhere to play? He can shoot the rock.

No. Not even a 20 percent shooter from behind the arc as a mop up guy with no pressure. Couldn't guard a fence post.

Spot on, Smashcat. Brad is on the roster so that, and Brad gets most of the mop-up time so that, when he starts his inevitable college coaching career he can say that he was "a 4-year letterman at Kentucky." Nothing more.

Brad could have gone to Transy and probably would end up playing a good amount. If it were just playing basketball that he wanted, that or any other small school with great academics (like Transy) would be a nice option. However, he evidently wants to coach, and is doing the perfect thing for that by being with his dad. Hell, at 60 even, and a UK grad, I'd enroll now and study Spanish Literature of the 1500s if Cal would let me sit on the bench and shoot layups before each game!

Brad could have gone to Transy and probably would end up playing a good amount. If it were just playing basketball that he wanted, that or any other small school with great academics (like Transy) would be a nice option. However, he evidently wants to coach, and is doing the perfect thing for that by being with his dad. Hell, at 60 even, and a UK grad, I'd enroll now and study Spanish Literature of the 1500s if Cal would let me sit on the bench and shoot layups before each game!

Thank you for the adult response. Obviously I know why he's on the bench, I just wasn't sure of his actual basketball talent.

ADVERTISEMENT