ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Calipari attending UK

2jvdd0.gif

Reactions: hotelblue
Was curious if any had met him and if he's a pretty good kid?
Said he wasn't a smart ass or nothing like that. Said he did play very hard. The word hustle was how he described him. Said that Brad acted like he thought he was much better than he really was. They played in the gym every night with the players. It was the year that Dakari and the twins were freshmen. My grandson played HS ball at Lakenheath HS, England.

Let me just say that since Cal has been here, i have also developed a little bit of an attitude regarding college basketball, and I'm not his son. Or even a distant relation.

Though not through lack of trying. I'm still open to adoption, Cal.
Yea I've turned into a prick with an attitude towards other fanbases since Cal got here.. But it came natural as that's my best trait.. :)

This news is a MAJOR deal. It's second to only a championship. Coach Cal is staying and we have, for the first time, insurance that he won't leave UK for atleast 4 years! Time to celebrate! We have all waited for this news. For some this was the only sign we needed to see.

Cal was not going anywhere else anyways. This is dumb to read acting like UK is a second rate job. It's the best job he can get people. THE BEST

Cal was not going anywhere else anyways. This is dumb to read acting like UK is a second rate job. It's the best job he can get people. THE BEST

No one acted like it's a second rate job. It's just a demanding job and when the pros constantly show interest in your coach, you're always a little bit nervous.

Come on dude. Not even close.

What's not even close? That he shoots well? That he wants to play professionally? That I like his mentality? That you never know what can happen?

Which one of those is not even close? Cause I'm pretty sure that's all I was saying. I didn't say he WOULD be a major contributor or anything else. Just sayin.

Brad Calipari for coach of Minnesota. JK.

Absolutely no chance (barring something unforseen and insane) that Cal goes anywhere for the next 4 years. Cal has said repeatedly how Brad was allowed to hang around practice because he'd missed so much quality time with him while coaching. Now that he has 4 uninterrupted years to spend with his young adult son. Bank it. If Cal did leave, Brad would get the cold shoulder from some stupid fans, would probably not be on the team any more... He's not going to do that to his son.

FOUR MORE YEARS. FOUR MORE YEARS. That sound you heard was CBB messing it's pants. Recruiting could take a big jump... and that's saying something.

I do think Cal may leave after the four years, especially if he wins 1-2 more titles. But at that point, he deserves to go down any path he chooses, as he'd leave UK with a legacy that will be almost impossible to match in the modern era.

Almost certainly now. Cal will be 61 when Brad Calipari leaves UK. By that point, Cal will have added another 20 guys to the league, with 4 or 5 of them being NBA All-Star level players (not counting the guys who are already in the league). Recruiting will be even more dominant with Coach K presumably out at Duke (he'll be 73 years old).

This could get insane. The rest of the nation just went into erectile dysfunction mode.

That would be awesome, especially if we add a title or two during that time, which is what its all about

After years of chasing the pinnacle of cbb , John Calipari sits at the top. He has his team competing for title every year. He has won a title , in the HOF, has numerous draft picks and now he gets to coach his son.

His wife Ellen will be happy and more involved. She will have a child back at home after two years and a purpose. This will be a special time for the Calipari family. Cal will have an unbelievable team next year and has role players to build with over the next few years. I think everything will be a little less chaotic and he will enjoy the next few years more than ever.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT