ADVERTISEMENT

Brad Calipari attending UK

giphy.gif

The kid can actually shoot pretty damn well. Definitely not a blue chip but hell, you never know, he may be able to contribute in a few years. He seems like he wants to play professionally, possibly in Europe. So, he has the mentality that he is coming to play and compete. I like that mentality of the kid.

Reactions: hotelblue
Hear that CUTSNETS, looks like Cal is here to stay for awhile. Sorry bout your luck!

Careful, he is very down during this time. Do not turn him into Cuts-self or something. Stay strong CutsNets. Just look at your room full of Tom Cruise posters from the 80s and all will be fine. Just stay out of the danger zone buddy.

Note: The above is a 100% joke before some overzealous mod gives me a temp ban or something for being "inconsiderate" and such. If it is a big deal feel free to edit, love you mods.

The kid can actually shoot pretty damn well. Definitely not a blue chip but hell, you never know, he may be able to contribute in a few years. He seems like he wants to play professionally, possibly in Europe. So, he has the mentality that he is coming to play and compete. I like that mentality of the kid.
Come on dude. Not even close.

He's supposed to be a great 3pt shooter. So maybe by his Jr. and Sr. years he can come off the bench and give us 8-10 mins a game and hit some 3's.

Careful, he is very down during this time. Do not turn him into Cuts-self or something. Stay strong CutsNets. Just look at your room full of Tom Cruise posters from the 80s and all will be fine. Just stay out of the danger zone buddy.

Note: The above is a 100% joke before some overzealous mod gives me a temp ban or something for being "inconsiderate" and such. If it is a big deal feel free to edit, love you mods.

[roll]

I'll give him the scissors, knife or chainsaw.

He is a decent player. Definitely could have played at some smaller schools.

Can't imagine any scenario where Cal leaves with Brad at UK

My grandson said that he has played with him in pick up games at the gym. This was two years ago. Said he had a decent game, but not at UK level. Also said he had a attitude. I guess if my dad had the position that his does I could probably develop a little attitude.
This surely shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I remember Cal addressing this very thing. He told a reporter that he wanted to coach his son in college. Will he play.....? Probably some cigar time
at the end of blowouts.

And yet someone will report in the next couple of months that Cal is going to another NBA team...smh.

Some of our UK fans have said Cal was leaving every year since he came here. .

I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens with the class of 2017 now that it's clear Cal will be here at least four more seasons.

That means Cal retires here. [banana]:cool2:[cheers]:pimp:

Almost certainly now. Cal will be 61 when Brad Calipari leaves UK. By that point, Cal will have added another 20 guys to the league, with 4 or 5 of them being NBA All-Star level players (not counting the guys who are already in the league). Recruiting will be even more dominant with Coach K presumably out at Duke (he'll be 73 years old).

This could get insane. The rest of the nation just went into erectile dysfunction mode.

My grandson said that he has played with him in pick up games at the gym. This was two years ago. Said he had a decent game, but not at UK level. Also said he had a attitude. I guess if my dad had the position that his does I could probably develop a little attitude.
This surely shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I remember Cal addressing this very thing. He told a reporter that he wanted to coach his son in college. Will he play.....? Probably some cigar time
at the end of blowouts.
Was curious if any had met him and if he's a pretty good kid?

Almost certainly now. Cal will be 61 when Brad Calipari leaves UK. By that point, Cal will have added another 20 guys to the league, with 4 or 5 of them being NBA All-Star level players (not counting the guys who are already in the league). Recruiting will be even more dominant with Coach K presumably out at Duke (he'll be 73 years old).

This could get insane. The rest of the nation just went into erectile dysfunction mode.
[roll]

AlohaCat

at the end of blowouts.

Let me just say that since Cal has been here, i have also developed a little bit of an attitude regarding college basketball, and I'm not his son. Or even a distant relation.

Though not through lack of trying. I'm still open to adoption, Cal.

Was curious if any had met him and if he's a pretty good kid?

He was at LCA with my oldest. Watched him play from 8th grade till time he blew his knee out.

He's a good kid. Actually a little quiet off the court when he's not hanging out with his buddies. Seems like a good kid. Was always respectful to any parents or teachers I saw him interact with at school.

He got the daddy's boy chants in HS and laughed it off then.

Always seemed to get along well with the players from UK. There was always a couple of them there to watch him play if they weren't having a game or on the road.

Ellen and Cal are empty nesters at the moment with Brad at prep school. Ellen wants Brad back close to home. Look for Brad to walk on next season.

Ellen calipari has more say in this than she has ever had. She is not ready for another chapter and starting over. Brad calipari will be back in Lexington and she will have one of her children back for four more years.

I think Cal knew some of this stuff would happen. I think that's why he took a different approach and getting all these kids SIGNED early. In the past he would not have done this. He wanted to focus on the season and not worry as much about the next class. He has learned how to balance that out now. He will be here 4 more years minimum unless Ellen wants to retire somewhere after Brad is off doing his thing

Bottom line Ellen is not about to start a new stage in her life with the possibly of having Brad around. And with an empty nest around the corner for good, imdont see them starting over. She has done it many times before and Cal gets to in depth with the rebuild and me against the world mentality to help motivate him and his players. I honestly believe Ellen and Cal know their future and what they want to do on their own terms. The only way that is for certain is what they have built and continuing at the present moment. I don't see them starting no over

I posted in the other thread but long story short, I honestly believe Ellen and Cal knows what they want to do and on their terms as much as possible. They ain't spring chickens and Ellen has followed her husbands dream and endeavors. He is at a pinnacle of what he set out to do and I'm not talking just UK. It's the whole package, charity, helping kids, stable environment ect. If they start over where does it end at this point in their lives? I honestly believe Ellen calls the shots from here on out.

Been trying to tell you guys since December. :)

ADVERTISEMENT