ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketmatrix 9 seed and dropping

Feb 9, 2011
http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Forget bracketology, this is by far the most accurate bracket. UK is down to a nine seed. After being polexed at Tennessee next week, UK will probably be an 11 seed.

We're looking at a team that possibly is going to be in the NIT or in the play-in game. We have a coach that walks off in the middle of his coaches show. But hey the pumpers are good.
There's only a few left on the board.

Some people still have us as the high as a 4, They probably have not updated their bracket since Thanksgiving. And several have us out of the tournament.

Last edited:
Do we really even deserve a 9 seed?

We’re 0-5 against the top end of our schedule, and it’s a bad 0–5, as only one of those games was even close. Turns out Michigan simply isn’t very good this year, so unranked LSU is really the only thing we have resembling a good win.

There’s just nothing in that résumé warranting a decent seed.

While I think this is a bad season and we very much currently are sitting on the bubble, I do think we find a way to get in.

I think at this point if your someone that wants to hold onto the positive, think maybe this team can be on the trajectory of the 2014 team.......maybe get an 8/9 seed.........and maybe have the team playing it's best ball come Feb/March.

Obviously this team doesn't have the talent that team had, but maybe it can go on the same path. Who knows.

There was stretches last season where UNC was absolutely terrible. On January 22nd they were sitting at 12-6 and only 4-3 in the ACC (which really wasn't that good last season).

Stranger things have happened I guess.

While I think this is a bad season and we very much currently are sitting on the bubble, I do think we find a way to get in.

I think at this point if your someone that wants to hold onto the positive, think maybe this team can be on the trajectory of the 2014 team.......maybe get an 8/9 seed.........and maybe have the team playing it's best ball come Feb/March.

Obviously this team doesn't have the talent that team had, but maybe it can go on the same path. Who knows.

There was stretches last season where UNC was absolutely terrible. On January 22nd they were sitting at 12-6 and only 4-3 in the ACC (which really wasn't that good last season).

The 2014 team lost numerous games by 5 or 6 points. They lost by 10 in Rupp and 19 on the road to Florida. Florida was a one seed. I don't really think this team is comparable to that team.

If they win out at home, and can get on or two road games, they sneak in barely, which shouldn’t be hard to do but for this team might be

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Looking at UNC, they were in a very similar spot at the point you mentioned. They were 12-6 with a 0-6 Quad 1 record and only 1 Quad 2 victory. We are currently sitting at 0-4 Quad 1 with a 1-1 Quad 2 record.

UNC finished their regular season strong by winning 3 of 4 Quad 1 games and winning both of their Quad 2 games. UK will have a lot more opportunities, but that could hurt as much as it could help.

As far as just making the tourney, Notre Dame made it into the tourney with a 4-9 Quad 1/Quad 2 record last year. Other than Notre Dame, every other Power 5 team that made the tourney had at least 8 Quad 1/Quad 2 victories.

Edit: UNC did make it with 6, but they did win over 40% of their Quad 1 & Quad 2 games (ND & Michigan under 40%). Over 40% would still put UK needing 7 more wins.

The remaining Quad 1/Quad 2 games. The question is, do you see 7 wins in the games below?

Quad 1
at UT
vs KU
vs ARK
at MSU
vs UT
at UF
at ARK

Quad 2
at Vandy
at Ole Miss
vs Florida
at Georgia
vs Auburn

Last edited:
Should actually rise in the computer polls after playing Tennessee since they are #1 or #2 in every single poll. Brackets are mostly based off of those. That game won’t impact seeding in a negative way.

Looking at UNC, they were in a very similar spot at the point you mentioned. They were 12-6 with a 0-6 Quad 1 record and only 1 Quad 2 victory. We are currently sitting at 0-4 Quad 1 with a 1-1 Quad 2 record.

UNC finished their regular season strong by winning 3 of 4 Quad 1 games and winning both of their Quad 2 games. UK will have a lot more opportunities, but that could hurt as much as it could help.

As far as just making the tourney, Notre Dame made it into the tourney with a 4-9 Quad 1/Quad 2 record last year. Other than Notre Dame, every other Power 5 team that made the tourney had at least 8 Quad 1/Quad 2 victories.

The remaining Quad 1/Quad 2 games. The question is, do you see 7 wins in the games below?

Quad 1
at UT
vs KU
vs ARK
at MSU
vs UT
at UF
at ARK

Quad 2
at Vandy
at Ole Miss
vs Florida
at Georgia
vs Auburn

I see a lot of L’s

Quad 1
at UT
vs KU
vs ARK
at MSU
vs UT
at UF
at ARK

Quad 2
at Vandy
at Ole Miss
vs Florida
at Georgia
vs Auburn
Sadly 7 wins is going to be a HUGE mountain to climb per say.
I would not take a bet on winning 7 out of the above.
But stranger thanks have happened.

Cal please leave our beloved program…

Reactions: RVCAT84

Forget bracketology, this is by far the most accurate bracket. UK is down to a nine seed. After being polexed at Tennessee next week, UK will probably be an 11 seed.

We're looking at a team that possibly is going to be in the NIT or in the play-in game. We have a coach that walks off in the middle of his coaches show. But hey the pumpers are good.

Some people still have us as the high as a 4, They probably have not updated their bracket since Thanksgiving. And several have us out of the tournament.
We have zero good wins. Anybody putting us in the tournament is doing it on the expectation that we WILL get good wins in the future, and that expectation diminishes with every game. Based on our resume so far, we're probably an NIT team. Definitely on the bubble. We're 0-5 in quad 1, 2-0 in quad 2, no bad losses but no good wins. 44th in NET rating is boosted by efficiency metrics we've run up by pounding bad teams the way you expect a top 25 team to pound bad teams (see our #25 ranking in ken pom).

Last edited:

Unbelievable.

I said before this season, the program REALLY needed to show the world we were back in a big way. We needed to get a 1 seed because we’re presently mired in the longest streak in program history without one. Returning NPOY. Great recruiting class, portal signees, and other key returners.

It’s absolutely unfathomable that we’re sitting here on January 8th saying there’s a good chance this team misses the tournament altogether. And then people still have the nerve to say WE are spoiled. It’s unreal.

Last edited:
I think we'll be there.
But the fact it's January 8th and we even have to think about this (or well think about it at ANY TIME in a season) is just awful.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Maybe we need to start hanging banners for just making the NCAAT, especially if we can manage to win a game in it.

ADVERTISEMENT