ADVERTISEMENT

Boyle County WR standout Reese Smith gets UK offer

If I were a wide receiver, I would have serious doubts about coming here unless I start to see the position being utilized more. That's why I hope we can do something to give the passing game a shot in the arm during the bye week. I don't care if that is giving Hoak a few series if Wilson is struggling or to run plays that are more beneficial for his current skillset.

Give me a Kentucky boy anytime, especially if he's on defense. Kash is a good example. He may screw up sometime, but he will give you everything he has. At the end of the game, his tank will be empty.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

If I were a wide receiver, I would have serious doubts about coming here unless I start to see the position being utilized more. That's why I hope we can do something to give the passing game a shot in the arm during the bye week. I don't care if that is giving Hoak a few series if Wilson is struggling or to run plays that are more beneficial for his current skillset.
Glad UK isn’t recruiting you.

Give me a Kentucky boy anytime, especially if he's on defense. Kash is a good example. He may screw up sometime, but he will give you everything he has. At the end of the game, his tank will be empty.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
This.

Glad UK isn’t recruiting you.

So you don't see a problem with how that position is being used? The talented guys we do have don't get the ball near enough. If you were an elite WR, would you want to play somewhere that might only give you a few touches a game? Bowden is our top guy and he is at around 4 a game. The top receivers in the country this year are at around 6-8 receptions a game. You might say a couple isn't a big deal but a couple less is a much bigger deal for a WR compared to a couple less for a RB that gets 20+ touches a game.

Now since I am a Kentucky fan, I probably would still sign if offered due to my allegiance to my favorite team, but not everyone is like that (unfortunately they aren't recruiting any 45 year olds that are out of shape with a surgically repaired neck and back).

KyCatFan, I agree with you. If I was a wide receiver, I would have to hear a heck of a recruiting pitch to come here. Our passing attack is awful. We have fast receivers languishing on the bench. Tavin Richardson has only caught about 3 passes all year. It’s a joke.

Reactions: KyCatFan
Is Reese related to Boyle County Coach and former UK player and coach Chuck Smith? He is an outstanding HOF coach and was a fine LB and coach at UK.

We need dudes who can get open and make plays really bad. I love the style we play but let's be real good WR want to put up stats. We have to become at the very least serviceable throwing the ball so we can get some good pass catchers and qbs

Is there a thread here on Landen Bartleson? I see one on HOB but not here.

ADVERTISEMENT