ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl projections for KY

I'm nearly positive each school gets like $1 million or so from the bowl (plus expenses) and they the rest of the bowl payouts are pooled and divided among all the schools.

So the payout of any individual bowl makes no difference.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-bowl-game-payouts-keep-getting-bigger-bigger/
Unfortunately you are wrong. The article you linked is four years old. See reply 16 in the thread
2019/20 Group of Six Bowl Payouts
for the current way the money is distributed. Basically the money a school keeps is tiered. The lowest tier is below 4m bowl payout, then 4-6 m, and then above 6M. For the so called gang of six bowls, Outback and Texas are in the above six tier, Gator below 4M and the other three in the 4-6m tier. Go to the Gator and you keep 1.325M. Go to Outback or Texas you keep 2.150M. So the payout is different. Might make a difference.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Apparently the Gator Bowl versus Wisconsin is now a possibility. That’s the toughest opponent I’ve seen mentioned, by far.

There is no way Wisconsin drops this far. Hell, if they were to upset ohio state, people would be calling for them to be the 4th playoff team should okl and utah lose. This matchup of UK vs Wisconsin is nonsense!

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I want to play U6 again. That was fun.
Yea it would be fun. My understanding is that the bowls follow 2 rules: teams from different conferences and teams that haven't played in the regular season. It will be fun to see who uavel gets. If it is a Big 10, Big 12 or SEC team, they will probably destroy them like we did. uavel had a 7-5 record in the "Clemson and everyone else" conference, but when they play someone in a real conference again, they will get their a$$es handed to them again.

FWIW, TN thinks they're a lock for the Gator.

UK has got to get into the Florida bowls, a potential boost for recruiting in the state.

This afternoon, in a chat on the Athletic, Stewart Mandel stated that with Alabama dropping out of the top 10, Kentucky is now more likely to wind up in Nashville or Charlotte, as opposed to Jax.

This afternoon, in a chat on the Athletic, Stewart Mandel stated that with Alabama dropping out of the top 10, Kentucky is now more likely to wind up in Nashville or Charlotte, as opposed to Jax.

They could get back in though with a couple of guaranteed losses just ahead of them.

By the way I picked Kentucky vs Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT