ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl projections for KY

Apparently the Gator Bowl versus Wisconsin is now a possibility. That’s the toughest opponent I’ve seen mentioned, by far.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Apparently the Gator Bowl versus Wisconsin is now a possibility. That’s the toughest opponent I’ve seen mentioned, by far.
Why would the Big10 runner up fall all the way to the Gator Bowl? Minnesota maybe, but I figured Wisconsin would be somewhere like the Citrus.

Reactions: zcats
The only option that has zero buzz for me is the Liberty vs. Iowa State.

The music city vs. Va Tech would be great. Gator vs. Iowa or Indiana would be great. Playing the wisconsin name sounds great, but they're tough...not sure i like our chances in that game.

I'm not real sure Wisconsin would go down to MCB....Orange or Cotton perhaps.

I think the love of the Gator is a lot about the name and location . It's the lowest paying of the group of 6.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
Florida bowl, could help recruiting in that state. As I've said, Memphis, Nashville, Charlotte in late Dec runs the risk of crappy weather.

Reactions: The-Hack
Florida bowl, could help recruiting in that state. As I've said, Memphis, Nashville, Charlotte in late Dec runs the risk of crappy weather.
Good point. Then again as i keep saying the money is no monster deal with the revenue sharing.
After the way this season COULD have gone, any bowl is a great bowl.

Reactions: The-Hack
I noticed that both ESPN guys have UT playing Minnesota. How bad would the Golden Gophers thrash UT?

Tennessee has won, but they have not been particularly impressive in doing so. I don't think they are an exciting team to watch at all. Barely squeaked by us, which shouldn't have happened, and then barely got by Missouri before beating Vandy, but not necessarily by any impressive means. I think UK provides a much more exciting angle with a better defense and a dynamic player like Bowden.

Whoever draws UK has a defensive coordinator's nightmare.
You have all of the Bowden tape from the last few weeks - knowing that no one has been able to stop him, and you have to imagine that the Cats will run some amount of the offense they ran in the first 3 quarters of the Florida game. 2 completely different game plans to prepare for.

I like it. Go Cats!

Saw one site projecting ul vs iu in the MCB. While this may draw the ire of my fellow Ky Football fans, I'd like to see this match-up...and would like to see ul stomp iu.

24/7 now has us playing Texas in the liberty bowl.

Having lived 30+ years in CenTex, would love to see this matchup. Have also seen a matchup with Michigan in the Gator, Jr is a huge UM fan and we'd possibly meet in Jax for that game, he lives in San Antonio.

I think we can discard MCB if I am remembering correctly, the bowls and SEC try to avoid repeats and “two-out-of-three” appearances.

We went to the MCB after the ‘17 season.

I’d say Belk, Liberty, Belk and Gator are in play.

Tom Leach says he feels it may be the Gator Bowl. He also said the Music City is all in for Tennessee and we are not on their list. I can live with the Gator

You suck at this. I hate both but Louisville is our arch-rival. IU not so much. I want IU to curb stomp Louisville.
We know we are better than ul. If ul beats iu, the assumption is that we are better than them too.
I don't hate ul. I generally don't think about them at all.

Lowest payout and I don’t give a damn!
Pay out is not a factor to me. UK is going to get plenty of money. When I ordered my tickets through my UK account the Gator was one I checked off. I am ready

The fact we are talking about UK bowl games is a thrill in itself. Think of the many, many years we were left staying home for the holidays. Now for the past four years we are speculating on where we will go. I like it and I see many bowl games in our future. Keep the streak going.

Pay out is not a factor to me. UK is going to get plenty of money. When I ordered my tickets through my UK account the Gator was one I checked off. I am ready

The fact we are talking about UK bowl games is a thrill in itself. Think of the many, many years we were left staying home for the holidays. Now for the past four years we are speculating on where we will go. I like it and I see many bowl games in our future. Keep the streak going.

People on here are weirdly obsessed with payout. That is having zero impact on this bowl decision.

ADVERTISEMENT