ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Mania tonight on ESPN right now. I wonder how much disrespect they'll give UK ?

StevieJFTW07

Senior
Nov 19, 2016
I expect Greg McElroy to show us some respect/love though. We'll see. I wonder what the rest of the clowns will say ? Edit : Nvm..Greg McElroy showed us disrespect as well..probably the most of any of them. I'm glad Cam Newton and Gene Chizik turned he and Saban into little bitches in their own house back in 2010 now.

Last edited:
Good Lord, they showed us no respect..hardly even mentioned us. We have the THREE best wins between the two teams. We've beaten more bowl teams..and ranked teams. They didn't even mention Josh Allen who just won the freaking Bednarik Award. Unreal. What a joke. UK..please beat the hell out of Penn St. like you guys did Miss. State and Florida.

I expect Greg McElroy to show us some respect/love though. We'll see. I wonder what the rest of the clowns will say ?
Lol...he said UKs record was deceiving. How? UK beat the dog crap out Florida and miss st. Beat Missouri and South carolina. Lost in ot at college station. 9 wins. Not decieving. I always laugh when anyone tries to say any teams record is deceiving when that team is in the SEC

Lol...he said UKs record was deceiving. How? UK beat the dog crap out Florida and miss st. Beat Missouri and South carolina. Lost in ot at college station. 9 wins. Not decieving. I always laugh when anyone tries to say any teams record is deceiving when that team is in the SEC

Yeah, everything else was bad enough but Greg McElroy saying that really pissed me off. He's on my shit list now with the rest of ESPN. I'm glad Chizik and Cam Newton owned his and Saban's ass in their own house in 2010 now. That dbag. Chizik and Doering are the only two I like on the whole horrible network when it comes to football.

It is extremely important to get a win over Penn St. We can't keep getting to bowls only to lose. A win would do so much more for the program then the good this 9 win season has already done. It will be tough though. Maybe Penn St will come out and look uninterested since their fans think we are below them and not worthy of playing them. I'd love to look like we did against Florida when we played them.

It was the play down the stretch. We werent great. We all know it. We have to do this for years and years in a row. One season isnt going to change our perception. Our last two games were much better. Whip Penn State, and the narrative changes in the offseason. Get blown out and these national opinions will only dig in further and be validated. Its simple.

We were really banged up during the 2nd half of the season, Benny, TW, Kash, Jordan and more. They should all be fully healthy by the bowl game so I don't see any reason not to expect to see the team from the 1st half of the season.

We lost One Game down the stretch we shouldn’t have lost. Reading this board you would have thought we lost them all. Total collapse according to some.

5-1 first half
4-2 last half.

With Georgia being in the second half.

We looked bad in both losses.

We looked bad in both losses.

Georgia when playing at the top of their game would make anyone out side Bama look bad. For 3 qrts they made them look bad. Agree in Tennessee game we looked really bad. Still 4-2 is not the downward spiral some claim on here.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Georgia when playing at the top of their game would make anyone out side Bama look bad. For 3 qrts they made them look bad. Agree in Tennessee game we looked really bad. Still 4-2 is not the downward spiral some claim on here.

I don’t think it’s a downward spiral, but we looked bad at what was ultimately the most important part of the season.

We get blown out by UT who goes on to lose to Vandy.

We had no business losing that game.

We were really banged up during the 2nd half of the season, Benny, TW, Kash, Jordan and more. They should all be fully healthy by the bowl game so I don't see any reason not to expect to see the team from the 1st half of the season.

BigBlueFan, I love UK as much as any poster, or fan. With that being said, I don't like to see excuses as far as being banged up. All teams are banged up, by the half way mark. It's always easy to make an excuse why we don't, or can't do something. I learned in the Air Force that excuses are for losers. Please don't take this wrong. I am not calling you a loser. I just don't believe in making excuses, and I will be 80 at my birthday.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: law1127
Someone should've brought up how Penn State's record is deceiving. After all they play in the Big Ten! What a joke! Big 10 overrated as usual. Garbage! I hope we kick their asses.

I don’t think it’s a downward spiral, but we looked bad at what was ultimately the most important part of the season.

The UT game did more damage to the team than any other event this season.There can't be a case made or any justification for losing that game.Compared to the Seton Hall loss on Saturday the loss to UT was worse,that is how bad it was.

Reactions: law1127 and UKUGA
BigBlueFan, I love UK as much as any poster, or fan. With that being said, I don't like to see excuses as far as being banged up. All teams are banged up, by the half way mark. It's always easy to make an excuse why we don't, or can't do something. I learned in the Air Force that excuses are for losers. Please don't take this wrong. I am not calling you a loser. I just don't believe in making excuses, and I will be 80 at my birthday.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Maybe everybody is banged up to a certain extent but playing with 2 LBs with broken hands in casts, without your best Safety for an entire half, your 1,000+ yard rusher on fumes and hobbling, etc....those are pretty legit.

Ummm..we looked bad against UT, sure..but Penn State has looked bad in multiple games..even at home to 7-5 Michigan St.(Which, in my opinion, a home loss to a 7-5 team is worse than a road loss to a 5-7 team), we have a better overall resume than Penn St....we've beaten three teams that would probably beat them (Florida, Missouri, and Miss. State). I mean, at least we destroyed 2-10 UL, 56-10...Penn St. struggled to beat 1-11 Rutgers, 22-7.

So, if so many of these talking heads are going to disrespect us and act like we shouldn't even show up..why don't at least a few others mention even ONE thing bad about Penn St. ?

Reactions: fabcat
Ummm..we looked bad against UT, sure..but Penn State has looked bad in multiple games..even at home to 7-5 Michigan St.(Which, in my opinion, a home loss to a 7-5 team is worse than a road loss to a 5-7 team), we have a better overall resume than Penn St....we've beaten three teams that would probably beat them (Florida, Missouri, and Miss. State). I mean, at least we destroyed 2-10 UL, 56-10...Penn St. struggled to beat 1-11 Rutgers, 22-7.

So, if so many of these talking heads are going to disrespect us and act like we shouldn't even show up..why don't at least a few others mention even ONE thing bad about Penn St. ?

1) Child abusers

Agree we looked awful against UT. We played about like most teams coming off an emotional big stakes game. Team looked deflated and not interested in playing.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
I do understand but its tough when primary players are at 85% instead of 100%. That part isn't an excuse and you can't make an injured player play at 100%, it just doesn't work that way. Our offense hinged on 2 players, TW and Benny. With both playing below peak levels, our offense flat-lined. Its just the way it was. No excuses. We played poorly and we lost, but, that won't be so on 1/1/19.

I agree with McElroy, our record is deceiving, it could easily have been 10-2 or 11-1

It is extremely important to get a win over Penn St. We can't keep getting to bowls only to lose. A win would do so much more for the program then the good this 9 win season has already done. It will be tough though. Maybe Penn St will come out and look uninterested since their fans think we are below them and not worthy of playing them. I'd love to look like we did against Florida when we played them.
That is exactly what I expect to happen...they'll give the same effort against us that our basketball team gave against VMI or Monmouth. They don't respect Kentucky as an opponent, and it'll show on the field.

Honestly, why do any of you care what they say? If it does anything, it provides incentive for the players and staff. Respect isn't given, it's earned. Win enough games and they will get that respect. Regardless of what they say you all will be bitching if we lose and happy if we win. One thing for sure...how YOU feel about it one way or the other will have zero effect on the outcome of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT