ADVERTISEMENT

Bowe Bergdahl to plead guilty to desertion and misbehavior......

gollumcat

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
http://nypost.com/2017/10/06/sgt-bowe-bergdahl-to-plead-guilty-to-desertion-misbehavior/

So who was right?

Susan Rice?: President Obama's national security adviser, Susan Rice, said on ABC that Bowe Bergdahl "served the United States with honor and distinction" and that "Sergeant Bergdahl wasn't simply a hostage; he was an American prisoner of war captured on the battlefield."

or Donald Trump: "A dirty rotten traitor," is how Trump described Bergdahl.

?

Reactions: coach-2
we traded 5 mid to high level Taliban for him. No word if they were loaded on pallets in unmarked clothes in the dead of night on a cargo plane.

BO made some great deals, didn't he?

My perspective is based solely on the Serial podcast and news reports, but I would say that is about right.

He was an idiot who probably should have never been put in harm's way with a U.S. gun and he did not foresee obvious consequences of his boneheaded decisions but he also wasn't some traitor or sympathizer.

That's a shit sandwich for everyone -- when a dumbass gets a cause and acts stupid.

Reactions: robo222
I have asked several vets and current military about their thoughts. Common opinion is that he is a piece of shit. Their words not mine.

The Serial podcast was just another NPR/MSM propaganda piece to make him out to be the victim so the BO trade wouldn't look so bad. They put some descriptive narrative to his conditions in prison to garner a sympathetic tone.

Bradly Manning and Bowe Bergdahl the political pawns of the BO administration.

He ran away to play volleyball with the enemy. Traded the house to get him back. Given a heroes welcome.

All the while it was known none of that was necessarily true.

Im as much an Obama opponent as one will find. But i think theres more to this story. Surely.

Georges+Blind,+a+member+of+the+French+resistance,+smiling+at+a+German+firing+squad,+1944.jpg

Obama will always have a burr up his saddle regarding the US and its sins. What Bergdahl did was a form of protest, which he likes. Cleaning out GITMO was an added bonus, because those guys have some reason for doing what they did.

DWS

Sentencing on hold. Bowe's Lawyers have filled a motion to have the case dropped because of comments by Trump during the 2016 Election.

Reactions: Mashburned
Men lost their lives trying to find this sob. Hope he gets a strict as sentence as a possible.

This X1000. Maximum sentence as a result. Otherwise, he could just be a coward who was kicked out of the army as far as I'm concerned.

But, a Rose Garden ceremony?...............Unbelievable.

ADVERTISEMENT