ADVERTISEMENT

Booker says the new tweak is...

Blueathletics

Senior
Dec 21, 2007
Finishing at the rim more.... “Just getting in the lane more and finishing around the rim better. It
wasn’t really a big change for us, but I feel like it’ll help us out a
lot,” Booker said.

Tyler Ulis said that so far, the tweak has made a difference. “He’s just
trying to help us draw fouls and not flail into the defenders when we
get to the bucket. Basically, just helping us all out a little bit,
which has helped. It’s changed a lot in practice. We’re actually doing great with the adjustments.”

This post was edited on 1/5 6:52 PM by Blueathletics

Originally posted by Blueathletics:
Finishing at the rim more.... finishing around the rim better.

laugh.r191677.gif

I guess we shouldn't have expected an overhaul.
Last year it was "Pass the ball".
If it took just that to make them visibly better, then I have zero complaints.

I guess he thinks that finishing around the rim is more important than hitting better from the perimeter...or he would have, instead, told them to shoot better from outside. I all in favor of this kind of tweak.

I am disappointed.

I wanted the tweak to be for Cal to tell them to "hit more FTs".

Kind of a surprise to me as Andrew's problem was trying to personally drive the ball instead of passing! He reverted to the Andrew of mid-season a year ago and losing the ball, having it stripped, etc. when trying to take the ball into the paint when nothing was there. It is why Ulis played better in the UL game as he would drive minimally to the top of the key and dish more than try to be the scorer first. It then created those open looks when the ball was kicked back out.

Originally posted by uk78:
Kind of a surprise to me as Andrew's problem was trying to personally drive the ball instead of passing! He reverted to the Andrew of mid-season a year ago and losing the ball, having it stripped, etc. when trying to take the ball into the paint when nothing was there. It is why Ulis played better in the UL game as he would drive minimally to the top of the key and dish more than try to be the scorer first. It then created those open looks when the ball was kicked back out.

His message was moreso to all the guards.

Booker, Aaron and even Ulis don't out enough pressure on the defense.

Cal also told them to stop flailing, which is certainly directed to Andrew.

This will allow Cal to tweak again right before the tournament and tell them to pass more. Genius!

so he's not benching all our guards and putting marcus at the point. this is surprising.

Originally posted by true blue1:
Willy4Uk?? What do u got to prove with your damn snot profile??????!
You're only complaining because you don't like it. If you liked it you wouldn't complain. You are so transparent.

Just great. The next tweak will be to finish worse around the rim since we will be scoring more than needed. Sigh....

There's no "tweak" at all. We're 13-0 with 5 wins over ranked teams and a margin of victory of what, 26 points? And the defense is maybe the best in college basketball since the shot clock was installed.

Other than defensive rebounding and non-2-3 zone offense, nothing needs tweaking. That doesn't mean we can't improve, but there aren't any big time red flags at the moment.

Originally posted by ymmot31:

You're only complaining because you don't like it. If you liked it you wouldn't complain. You are so transparent.
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by ymmot31:

great, I never noticed it and now that it's been pointed out..........

I frickin hate that!! Got him on ignore so I don't have to look at that disgusting crap. I once had my sig turned off on this site because it was deemed too "girly" by someone. Sure seems to me that they could turn off that disgusting snot picture.

I dunno... maybe I'm over thinking it. But, with this much time off to work on offense... I would think that more has been coached and emphasized . Perhaps this is just a vague, generic answer players have been instructed to give so as not to put too much info out there. Not that finishing at the rim isn't sound advice, but I would guess more game strategy and set plays have been implemented also.

I think the tweak, is to just say there is a tweak to deflect some of the negativity from the media and the like off of Andrew.

Originally posted by uk78:
Part of why Andrew was losing the ball on those drives, though, was he kept doing that euro-step and trying to throw his arms under the defender to draw the foul and they were not calling fouls on it. I think reinforcing to go for the basket and not worry about getting fouled is a great idea. I do agree also that Andrew was better early in the season before Cal told him to start scoring more and making plays. He was focused on distributing and the team looked better. I, however, do not coach the team and will leave it all to Cal. He has done a pretty good job up to this point.

Originally posted by pappy52:

Originally posted by Seth C:
So the tweak was to stop doing something that was blindingly obvious for months...
SO MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE HIRED YOU AS COACH AND TOLD CAL TO HIT THE ROAD.
THAT was funny!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Anthony B:
I frickin hate that!! Got him on ignore so I don't have to look at that disgusting crap. I once had my sig turned off on this site because it was deemed too "girly" by someone. Sure seems to me that they could turn off that disgusting snot picture.
Good idea. I've also put him on ignore.

Originally posted by BigSexyCat:

Originally posted by Anthony B:

Good idea. I've also put him on ignore.
party0006.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Seth C:
So the tweak was to stop doing something that was blindingly obvious for months...
A negative post? By you of ALL people?

Im so surprised!!!
sick0006.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT