ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie

The Lakers could bring in 2 max guys and keep Randle if they move Deng. Might cost them picks, but they can do it.

But I’m not positive they have to bring in 2 max guys. They could sign PG, resign Randle, then try to pick up someone else next summer. They have a lot of flexibility.

That team wouldn’t compete with GS, but they would fight for a playoff spot and be in position to grow into a championship contender when GS starts to decline.

And I’m not a believer in OKC. PG is saying the right things, but we will see in a few weeks whether or not he’s a believer. Vegas is heavily favoring LAL, for the record.

Who on earth is going to take Deng's contract? He is owed 18 Mill and 19 Mill respectively over the next 2 seasons. No one in their right mind is going to take him off their hands. It would definitely cost them some picks, and probably a lot more (Randle or Kuzma) from a team that can take him on.

I do know Vegas favors LAL a lot right now, but they're just playing the odds on the sexy pick.

By no means am I guaranteeing that PG is going back to OKC, he could certainly leave! But there is no doubt at all that OKC is the best situation for him to win right now and in the long-term.

After next season, OKC can dump Carmelo Anthony, and go after a 3rd player who really goes well with PG and Westbrook.

The Lakers could bring in 2 max guys and keep Randle if they move Deng. Might cost them picks, but they can do it.

But I’m not positive they have to bring in 2 max guys. They could sign PG, resign Randle, then try to pick up someone else next summer. They have a lot of flexibility.

That team wouldn’t compete with GS, but they would fight for a playoff spot and be in position to grow into a championship contender when GS starts to decline.

And I’m not a believer in OKC. PG is saying the right things, but we will see in a few weeks whether or not he’s a believer. Vegas is heavily favoring LAL, for the record.

Another Ball brother or two is available...

Who on earth is going to take Deng's contract? He is owed 18 Mill and 19 Mill respectively over the next 2 seasons. No one in their right mind is going to take him off their hands. It would definitely cost them some picks, and probably a lot more (Randle or Kuzma) from a team that can take him on.

I do know Vegas favors LAL a lot right now, but they're just playing the odds on the sexy pick.

By no means am I guaranteeing that PG is going back to OKC, he could certainly leave! But there is no doubt at all that OKC is the best situation for him to win right now and in the long-term.

After next season, OKC can dump Carmelo Anthony, and go after a 3rd player who really goes well with PG and Westbrook.

They can also stretch Deng if they have to, but that will only be necessary if they are bringing in two max level guys and have no trade partners.

Another fly in the ointment with OKC (besides their early flameout) is the question of their willingness to be a luxury tax payer long-term. The new system is punitive to repeat offenders, to say the least.

I will also say that I have no clue what he will do, but PG to LA has a lot of legs for good reason.

I don't know why LeBron would be quick to dismiss NOLA. TheY are young but an up and coming team. To me, the biggest draw is the same as all the other teams mentioned except Phil. They're in the West.

Phil makes the most sense, but do they possess enough fight for him? He would have talent, but he and Simmons both play "point forward". How is that going to work?

Vegas still thinks he’ll be in Cleveland. Next three choices are Houston, Lakers, and Philly, in no particular order.

Lebron ain’t leaving Cleveland no matter what people thing. People can speculate all they want but that team as a shell of itself in is the ECF. I think cousins will be highly sought after by Cleveland and I wouldn’t be surprise to see them give up a couple draft picks to bring in de Arron fox.

I think it's best for him and them if he goes elsewhere.

It's fun to have them playing together and the stats are gaudy, but I don't think it's conducive to winning in 2018.

Boogie's max deal spent elsewhere (a wing) could make that a really good team.

Pelicans are capped out. Not sure who they are getting with his salary if they let him walk.

Reactions: Aike
Lebron, Paul, and Harden in Houston???

Im sure there will be no chemistry issues there.

I don’t know why there would be any more chemistry issues than anywhere else. Lebron and Paul are close friends, and one or both would likely have to take a pay cut to make the money work.

IF Lebron to Houston happens, the other stars are very likely on board.

Reactions: UKUGA
I don’t know why there would be any more chemistry issues than anywhere else. Lebron and Paul are close friends, and one or both would likely have to take a pay cut to make the money work.

Isn't Chris Paul a free agent after this season? If so why doesn't he go play with Lebron at Cleveland?

Isn't Chris Paul a free agent after this season? If so why doesn't he go play with Lebron at Cleveland?

Cleveland has no cap space to sign a free agent. Now whether Paul will stay in Houston or not, I have no clue.

GSW success when adding Durant relied on the Durant, Steph, Klay buying into the idea of reduced shots, ball dominance, spotlight, money, etc...

Would Lebron, Harden, and Paul be willing to do the same? Doubtful imo.

GSW success when adding Durant relied on the Durant, Steph, Klay buying into the idea of reduced shots, ball dominance, spotlight, money, etc...

Would Lebron, Harden, and Paul be willing to do the same? Doubtful imo.

I disagree, but maybe we will find out. Lot of people said Paul and Harden wouldn’t work either.

Reactions: UKUGA
The only issue is, NOLA will struggle to get any legit player worth a true "max" deal. I would say, Klay Thompson would be the PERFECT fit as GS will likely have to give up one player and he would be the most likely. A killer wing/SG like him that plays elite Defense and maybe he would be willing to go to a team like NOLA since he had won titles already. PG13, Lenorad and others all want to be in LA or somewhere like that, NO WAY do they even sniff NOLA.

This is why NOLA may still think about pursuing Boogie since they can offer him the most and unlikely that such a dominate player would come so willingly to NOLA, even despite his baggage.
. Clay Thompson with Nola would be a perfect fit. I would love to see that. I think he would be great anywhere , but with the pelicans, He could be the missing piece.

ADVERTISEMENT